Reviews (2 520)
2 520 results
1 508
1 508
All reviews garden restaurant afternoon tea outdoor pool health club molton brown toiletries five star hotel steam room spa facilities garden room junior suite sea view scones birthday treat parking space south coast public areas nothing is too much trouble
297 - 302 of 2 520 reviews
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Astonishing that you have even sent me this survey, if you check your records we didn't actually stay with you. We experienced an appalling check in experience when, within 20 seconds of arriving your staff claimed the booking was for single occupancy, this is despite clear guest request notes (shown clearly on the booking sheet) that this was our wedding anniversary. Rather than try to handle the issue discreetly the staff saw it fit to immediately charge my card with a £30 premium for double occupancy, and, without discussion, then tried to suggest we needed to pay extra for dinner for 2. The whole experience within 5 minutes of arriving turned into an embarrassing & upsetting experience for my Wife and I on our 5th Wedding Anniversary....to repeat, this was all at the check in desk. And then the experience was made worse, having returned to reception to prove my booking (via booking.com) clearly showed 2 Adults on the confirmation, the Duty Manager, Thiago, still didn't resolve the matter - instead choosing to stare blankly at the sheet of paper in front of him. I made the whole matter less painful for both Thiago & I by demanding a full refund & leaving within 15 minutes of checking in....a 5 Star Hotel!! I think not. I have worked in hospitality for over 20 years, having spent 6 of those in Hotel management & my experience at your Hotel is the worst I have known in all that time. On 3 occasions this matter could've been handled far better, 1. If your booking form was showing one guest but there was mention of a Wedding anniversary that surely warrants a call to the guest. 2. Your staff could've requested that I return to reception after check in to resolve the error (rather than causing an upsetting scene at check in) 3. Your duty manager should have trusted your guest, and not only resolved the matter but offered some form or recompense for the embarrassment. If any Hotel under my management ever handled a matter in this manner I would be appalled! I welcome the General Manager to contact me personally, I very much doubt he will.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank rgrady121
JonathanWebley, Manager at The Grand Hotel Eastbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

We fully appreciate that your booking through an on line travel agent was made in good faith however what you reserved , an inclusive package for one person ( which your agent's confirmation clearly states) was clearly incorrect from your point of view. I agree that your booking comments should have been taken into account and for this we apologise. I don't feel it was unreasonable in the circumstances to request the correct rate for a stay that included both breakfast and dinner for 2 persons rather than one.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

The most beautiful hotel where you feel like you're stepping back in time. Iv'e been staying here for over 50 years and each time is just wonderful. The staff are efficient and welcoming, the food is superb and the decor is 'Grand'. Thank you grand hotel for another lovely stay. See you again soon

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Can't fault the staff, food was lovely.
However not impressed that I stayed in a room which dogs are also allowed to stay in considering I am allergic to dog hair.
I wasn't aware of this until I was speaking to a dog owner ,I thought there would have been designated rooms for dog owners

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank donnamarianash
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Could have bars of soap rather than bottles of shower gel which could be unhygenic. But service of a high standard throughout the hotel. Nothing is ever to much to ask for. Kindness is prominent. THANK you for having us. We hope to return one day.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2018

We loved our mini break at the Grand! We took our dog Annie and they were So accommodating, she had her own bed and a doggie goodie bag to welcome her. We had sea views. The hotel was Grand in the real sense of the word. The room was spacious and clean. the breakfast delicious.
The hotel common areas were stunning. One teeny complaint is that the furnishings were a little tired and need updating. However the linens were top quality.
we will for sure be back with friends. Thank You Grand!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lillijayne
geguestrelations, Guest Relations Manager at The Grand Hotel Eastbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

The team here and I really appreciate you sharing your thoughts. Thank you! Should you wish to stay again please feel free to book with us directly for the best rate.