Reviews (1 273)
1 274 results
All reviews sea view bar menu traditional hotel sea front afternoon tea large hotel lovely hotel water pressure family room scones public rooms beachy head very pleasant stay cream tea weekend break one night stay buffet breakfast
684 - 689 of 1 274 reviews
Reviewed 2 May 2016

Really enjoyed room 116 and appreciated the newly decorated and beautifully furnished bedroom The bathroom was great with plenty of hot water for bath and showers The views across the western lawns to the sea always interesting especially early morning sunrise over the sea

Room tip: Sea view rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jamieson B, General Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear Bernardh964,

Thank you for posting 5 stars and your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted you stayed at the hotel in room 116, one of our newly designed rooms and enjoyed the great early morning sunrise.

On behalf of myself and the Team at the Lansdowne Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

A cheery, friendly and genuine welcome from all members of staff. Executive room (316)had excellent view of the sea, was spacious and had a very comfortable bed. Lounge was relaxing for a drink. Good value for money too. Just one thing: Brochures in room dated from 2015 so did not have up to date information.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear davidref,

Thank you for posting 5 stars and your kind comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted you stayed at the hotel in one of our recently refurbished rooms and enjoyed the great sea views.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

The room was so hot we had to open the windows which let in a lot of noise. Room 205. Fair enough they can't control outside noise but we were woken at 05.20am by a man dragging a huge metal roll cage full of linen up and down the path below our room. I had put ear plugs in to dull the noise of my friend snoring and the noise from the roll cage really shook me up because it was soo loud and I could feel the rumble. Dinner was average for the price and they forgot my bread for a pate starter so had to wait another 10 mins for toast. My friend was unimpressed with his ploughman's as the cheddar was like mild tasteless rubber, he said his dessert was nice but my brownie tasted like cheap microwaved rubbish. The lady at the reception desk was nice. If you aren't keen on lifts then these ones will terrify you.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma S

Dear Emma S,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am very disappointed that you have labelled this posting in this way. A shambles our hotel is not.

We will certainly review the linen delivery times. I am very sorry that there was a delay at dinner, this is certainly not to our usual standard.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

We have just returned from a two night stay . On arrival we were allocated a room facing the rear of the hotel. We were very disappointed as it was small, extremely dated and rather grubby. We expressed our concerns and were moved to a very acceptable sea view room which was considerably larger and far more modern. Our first evening had an evening meal included . The meal was lovely , staff were attentive. We had a lovely nights sleep in an extremely comfortable bed , although we did find being at the front of the hotel quite noisy with the sound of the traffic, it didn't bother us. Breakfast was plentiful, all the usual, continental aswell as full English. There was plenty to do during the day as beachy head was in walking distance and the pier and town centre was in the other direction. Parking was available just across the road from the hotel at a cost of one pound a day, reception will give you a card to display. Be weary when scratching the appropriate day and date as it is easy to scratch off in error( as we did) then found we had to purchase another ticket for another one pound. All in all we had a very enjoyable time and would definitely return in the future. We would definitely recommend booking a sea view room as these rooms are larger and more modern. The only two negatives are that the service during mealtimes is so attentive you almost feel rushed and the shower had the slowest pressure we have ever experienced. Compliments to all the staff for your friendly and helpful service , thank you.

Room tip: Sea view are more modern and spacious but slightly noisy with window open.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Linda h,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased we were able to move your room on this occasion and you had a very enjoyable stay. Please note none of our rooms are grubby.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Already have 3 rooms booke and tried to book another room for another family member and got transfered 3 times and then told by a very haughty girl that because the other rooms were booked online she couldnt tell me a price.."the price is what the price is"!
Always book Best Western. Thank goodness there are two in Eastbourne. I will be using the other one from now on!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bareeno
Jamieson B, General Manager at Best Western Lansdowne Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

Dear Bareeno,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed that on this occasion you had to wait to be answered on the telephone and you have had an pricing issue when trying to book your room, I will investigate this further.

I do hope that you will return sometime soon.