3 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/07/02
Priceline
US$111
Free cancellation until 21/07/02
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
Reviews (2 701)
2 702 results
1 480
1 480
All reviews swimming pool sea view jacuzzi bath apple juice four poster sea front groupon deal lovely hotel evening meal dining room parking voucher short break walk in shower buffet style per day plenty of choice duty manager
Selected filters
23 - 28 of 2 702 reviews
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights over half term. Comfortable and large room with a sea view, decor a bit tired but it had everything we needed, a great shower and plentiful towels. No room cleaning service because of COVID but the staff were very helpful when we needed replacement tea etc. Hugely appreciated the pool, which we had to book for 30 min slots (but then had to ourselves). Good breakfast and a *really* good evening meal on the one night we ate there.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2020

Well organised throughout. Breakfast was decent as was the service. Room was clean and tidy. The pool usage was organised, each booking was limited to 30 minutes, which was adequate. The staff throughout were cheerful and helpful. Recommend.

Reviewed 30 October 2020

Stayed here before and will stay again. All staff were exceedingly cheerful, helpful and polite.
Room was lovely and clean and the bed was so comfortable and huge.
Good breakfast, rather missed the ‘help yourself’ idea this time- whilst I understand restrictions need to be in place, I recently stayed in another hotel who had a very safe, successful queuing system so that people could still choose exactly what they preferred to eat.
It was still a very enjoyable stay - wish it could have been longer.

Room tip: Room upgrade was not much more and the room and bed were huge.
Reviewed 30 October 2020

Friendly staff, room was clean, quiet and comfortable, great location, good breakfast included in the price. The familly room was perfect and with a great sea-view. The car park just in front was very cheap (2£ per day)

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 29 October 2020

I checked into this hotel on Monday, I requested a room with a bath however the bath was incredibly small (I am 6ft 3). I went to reception and explained my dissapointment as was upgraded to a larger room (with a bigger bath) for free! The room was lovely and spacious with great facilites, however, the bed was somewhat uncomfortable and the pillows were hard. This is a minor adjustment which would of made the stay better.

I booked into Afternoon Tea on groupon for the following day. The service from Stuart was absolutley amazing. He was very kind, chatty and had such a good spirit. He made our afternoon tea experience a whole lot better as the weather outside was shocking which dulled the mood of the whole day!

The reception team were great, Molly especially. Anything I asked for/needed she helped with and sorted out straight away. I had to stay another night and was allowed to stay in the room I was in, which was great.

The swimming pool was nice. It was heated which made it much more pleasant to swim in. The changing rooms could do with a spruce but they were not terrible.

All in all, lovely hotel to stay in, lovely staff, could just do with abit of updating but nothing major!

Thank you all at Best Western York House for a pleasant stay.

Room tip: Sea view would be better as rooms face other houses at the back of the hotel.
Date of stay: September 2020