Reviews (2 367)
2 368 results
1 295
1 295
All reviews swimming pool sea view apple juice jacuzzi bath groupon deal sea front four poster bed lovely hotel on arrival breakfast was buffet style evening meal dining room short break standard room an upgrade restaurant staff plenty of choice
531 - 536 of 2 368 reviews
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

The hotel accepted all our requests and gave us a lovely top floor modern room with a brilliant view of the sea/beach which is just what we asked for. The room itself was very spacious, large windows, large bed clean tidy modern and more than we expected. Staff helpful and friendly and hotel overall was lovely and very well presented. Really glad we chose to try this hotel out and I'm sure it's not the last time! Very pleased! Thank you.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Stuart A, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your candid review of the Best Western York House Hotel Eastbourne.

It is wonderful to receive such fantastic comments and I will be sure to pass these as they serve as a great motivator for a job well done.

I am really pleased we met and exceeded expectations and the team and i hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 18 December 2016

Just arrived from a xmas cabaret weekend at the york, as we do this most years this is the first time at the york and hopefully be going back next year, eveything was first class, room very stylish and modern we had sea view which was great, very wrlcoming staff, waiting staff very efficient and very helpful all had smiles on faces even doing the job they do which is very hard, food very very good,and breakfast outstanding couldent ask for any thing else i think they had everything covered.the take that tribute band was very good and we had a great evening, only one negative the prosecco £26 a bottle, a little on the steep side most hotels charge around £18 which is about average so we drank lager and cokes which was a pity as we always have prosecco, but couldent justify paying that amount, but all in all great weekend, so thanks to all the staff for their hard work, merry xmas to you all.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Littleannie3
Stuart A, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Dear Annie,

Thank you for your recent review on the Best Western York House Hotel Eastbourne.

It is great to hear that you attended one of our cabaret night's and also stayed with us. Thank you for rating us 5 star; it fantastic to read you found my team to be very efficient, helpful and smiley. I'm really pleased you enjoyed the entertainment and weekend as a whole. We will be planning for next year shortly and would be lovely to have you back next year.

Thanks for all your feedback and fantastic review. The team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

Although we had previously visited Eastbourne, this was our first stay at Best Western York Hotel. On arrival we were greeted by reception staff and located to our first floor room. The accommodation afforded excellent sea views. Our room was spotlessly clean with King size bed and tea/coffee making facilities, bottled soft drinks fruit and biscuits. A comfortable settee and large television were also appreciated.
On arrival in the Dining room we were made welcome by our waiter. The menu offered a number of options and both the main course and sweet were delicious. We were spoilt for choice for Breakfast which provided a wide range of cereals and cooked food including vegetarian meals. Additionally, croissants, cakes and pastries were available.
A well stocked bar is located at the Hotel. The venue also has a swimming pool.
The relaxed atmosphere together with friendly and helpful staff ensured we had an enjoyable and memorable stay.

Room Tip: Excellent sea views are available for a small additional cost.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mari0nstephen

Dear Mario,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experiences here at the Best Western York House Hotel Eastbourne.

I am really delighted to read that you enjoyed your in room facilities and gorgeous sea view's. I'm also pleased your dining experiences both in the restaurant on the evening and your breakfast experience met expectations and that you appreciated the quality products on offer. Your feedback regarding the team here will be past on and will serve as a great motivator for a job well done - so thank you for them.

Thanks for the wonderful review and the team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Very friendly welcome by staff on reception. Room very good size and very clean. Heating on very high on entering room felt like a sauna. Windows very dirty and difficult to open. TV positioned in a strange position and channels kept breaking up due to poor signal. Very quiet inside the room even with the hotel on the main road. Views across the sea from the room.

Ate in the restaurant on the first evening and served by a wonderful lady. Very attentive. Food of a very high standard and very tasty.

Shower worked really well. Good selection of toiletries and lovely clean fluffy towels.

Breakfast on the first morning slightly cold. Very good attentive morning staff.

Second evening in the restaurant. Male staff member I felt was quite abrupt. Almost like I was an inconvenience as he cleared the tables around me ready for breakfast the following morning.

On both nights I was never offered water on my table.

Would I stay here again Yes. Would I recommend the restaurant Yes. A very good value and overall a good stay.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian D
Stuart A, General Manager at Best Western York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2016

Dear Ian,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us here at Best Western York House Hotel Eastbourne.

Really pleased you enjoyed your time with us; I was happy to read of your experiences in the restaurant and found our food to be of a very high standard. It was also great to read you enjoyed our breakfast offering too. My housekeeping team do ensure they turn on all radiators for guests arriving; maybe on this occasion the radiator was on a little to high however we do care and maybe better to be too hot than cold in the winter. The building has a lot of character and history to which the window's reflect this. Due to local council planning law's we are forced to keep sea facing window's this same style despite the energy saving qualities and cost benefit's in the long run that would be achieved.

Thank you for your feedback relating to your second evening. I have investigated and spoken with the relevant team member purely as feedback as I know this team member really did not intend to come across in this manner. In the past he has received some wonderful feedback. I have also put an end to staff setting up breakfast for the morning on close by tables however it is reasonable to set up for breakfast after 8.45pm but not directly in the vicinity of guests unless we have asked in advance.

It is pleasing to read that you would recommend which is fantastic and please let me reassure you that I have treated your feedback seriously. The team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Very clean and looks recently refurbished. Good food and lovely views if you have a room overlooking the seafront. Although the hotel doesn't have a car park, you can park outside for £1 (ticket from reception)

Room Tip: Great views from rooms overlooking the seafront
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Grubi,

Thank you for your review of the Best Western York House Hotel Eastbourne.

Really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and found our food to be good. Also pleased you found our car parking tickets convenient for your needs. It is nice to hear you felt the hotel was clean and recently refurbished. We have had the majority of the bedrooms recently refurbished so I am happy you liked them.

Thanks for staying with us. The team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.