“Good value and tasty”

Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery
Description: We serve only the finest Oriental Food, fast!! With unbeatable service and great value for money, you are sure to have a fantastic time dining with us. We offer a wide range of Dim Sum and a children's menu for only £2.50. A meal not to be missed!!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are here at a busy time but enjoyed good food and prompt service.
The food is good value, well presented.
Our waitress was polite, friendly and efficient.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Decided to try here again after giving it a rest for 18 months as I checked the reviews on here first and it seemed to have improved so I thought I'd give it another go, big mistake.

Wanted to have a take away delivered, so clicked on the website on here, it said it was closed due to refurbishment, I wish I'd just accepted that and not looked it up on Just eat, as I would have saved myself from having an inedible meal.

Just eat said it was open but I had to make a minimum order of £15 and there was a £2 delivery charge. When I came to pay, I was also charged an extra 50p service charge - even though I was paying by cash, so another rip off.

Just eat said it would be one hour for delivery but it arrived after 40 minutes.

I got a won tun soup - the dumplings were ok in this and it was hot when my delivery came but the soup itself had hardly any flavour at all.

In order to make my order more than £15 I also got 3 dumplings, they were £3 - they were very small and came with a sweet chilli sauce, which went well with the dumplings - but they were pretty tasteless, but at least edible, unlike the rest of the meal.

The special chow mein tasted funny. It had a sort of plastic taste. The prawns in it tasted funny, I only ate one and as it didn't seem ok, I left the rest. The beef was tough and horrible. The chicken was the only good meat in this. There were some bean sprouts.

The chicken balls with sweet and sour sauce were horrible, they were soggy, not crisp as they should be. The chicken inside was dry. The sweet and sour sauce tasted of vinegar and was not good, I put some on my dinner and couldn't taste sweet and sour, just vinegar and when my son and husband tried it they both thought it was more like chilli sauce.

I ate a small amount of my dinner and put my plate outside for the seagulls to eat and even they didn't like it, that was how foul it was.

This was the worst chinese I've ever had.

I will never, ever come here again.

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Eastbourne with a friend for the day, and felt it would be good to finish the day on a high, we had planned on going for an Italian, but decided to have Chinese instead! I’m so glad we changed our minds, no only was the food at Mr Hau good, but the service was exceptional.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Even though we had not booked, we were shown to a table quickly, by a friendly waitress. We ordered spring rolls which can be a little fatty, these were lovely and crisp and dry. Our two main courses were both ordered from the "quick bites" section and were large plate fulls. It was very busy but the service was efficient and delivered with a smile. One I will return to on my future visits here.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Enjoyed my first visit to Mr Hau's Oriental Express just of the seafront in Terminus road.
Clean and modern look once inside.
Service was good and food came promptly when ordered.
Good size portions , well presented and very tasty.
Will return when in Eastbourne .