Priceline
Agoda.com
All reviews takeaway pizza gluten free pizza i've eaten open fire pub restaurant sunday evening lovely venue cotswold stone lovely toiletries super tasty thank you for a lovely lovely meal recommend staying here main road car park full english goats cheese pizza
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2021 via mobile

We had amazing starters (delicious garlic bread, olives and cold meats) and scrumptious pizzas (honey pot and mushroom truffles). Service was very prompt and friendly. Our only regret is that the pool table was in use throughout, so that will be for another time.
All reasonably priced. We will be back!

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank Vendredimanche
Reviewed 12 September 2021

Came across this little place on the A429. We were seated outside, though there are heaters supplied that do a good job of making sure you are comfortable. We did not see the inside of the restaurant, but so far so good.

Our server was kind and attentive, he was willing to entertain our questions about items we were unsure on without judgement or anything. In fact, the staff overall seemed very genuine, and definitely appeared to care that not only the food was good enough, but the patrons were comfortable.

The food, I must add, is excellent. I don't have a bad way to say about it. We shared olives for a starters- and though I am not usually a fan, whatever they had done to these made me keep eating them, so that's bonus points. The pizza itself was great, well cooked, lovely and crisp, with generous yet not overstuffed toppings, all culminating in a fantastic flavour that I am keen to experience again.

While I didn't believe we waited a long time for service at any point, obviously the staff were keen to make sure they were quick, as a member of staff did check with us that the wait hadn't been too long- to which we replied "not at all".

It's been a while since I've felt so at home in a restaurant, and so accommodated both by menu and staff. I must absolutely recommend this place.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 29 August 2021

Since The Stump opened, my family and I have been regular visitors and until recently, were always happy with the food and service we received. However, our past few visits have been disappointing to say the least. We had a long wait for our food on our last visit, and when it did finally come, it was over-cooked. Nobody came to ask us how the food was, and whenever we tried to make eye contact with the staff, we were basically invisible. Then today, we arrived at 12, when the pub had just opened and asked for a table for 3. There were so many tables not being used but we were turned away by staff who hadn’t even checked if there were any tables available, we were simply told no. We ended up going to Bertha’s in Bristol, who were more than accommodating and the pizza was lovely. Overall, we felt a lot more welcome there than we have in a long time at The Stump. We’ll not be returning unfortunately.

Reviewed 16 August 2021

We went tonight, a family of five. We sat outside in the courtyard. The pizzas were amazing. Everyone loved them. I am coeliac so had gluten free and mine was delicious. Including the base. Pleasant staff, nice beers, lovely atmosphere, lots of parking. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 August 2021 via mobile

We have been to the stump on several occasions, most recently for my stepdaughters birthday. The food, staff and service have always been amazing. In particular the service from GKHWW (Gorgeous, Kind, HardWorking, Waitress). Thank you to all at The Stump for being fantastic. Can’t wait to come back again! X

1  Thank katiek395