Free cancellation until 27/07
US$19
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$30
US$26
Jinta City Hotel(Ang Thong)
US$21
US$18
Priceline
US$22
US$21
  • Restaurant
US$24
My Living Place Nathon(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$30
US$28
The Passage Samui Villas & Resort(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$113
Agoda.com
Mai Samui Resort & Spa(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$218
Priceline
Baan Sijan Resort(Ang Thong)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$88
Reviews (1 512)
1 512 results
1 272
1 272
All reviewspla plabuggy servicekoh samuigolf cartbuggy driversprivate poolbeach staffkids clubsteep hillbreathtaking viewsour honeymoonin room diningmain restaurantbedroom villathai restaurantthe entire staffheaven on earth
10 - 15 of 1 512 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights at deluxe one bedroom pool villa. The view was simply beautiful. Room is spacious, they given provided Mosquito Repellent, beach bag and slippers to use around the hotel. Different kinds of fruits and sweets were given each day during our stays.
Love the big pool in our room facing the ocean view. All staffs are very accommodating and they are all very friendly with a SMILE. They always made us feel very comfortable.
Food at Koh and pla pla were very good but price was a bit steep.
We loved the beach. It was not crowded, it was clean, it was quiet and we loved the water sports at the beach...snorkeling, Kayaking and paddle boarding etc.
We loved Four Seasons because it was a quiet calm relaxing place to unwind ourselves for the few days and we had such great times during our stays.
We would like to bring our siblings with us as a family trip here one day !!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
KohSamuiTeam, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Goh P.

Greetings from Koh Samui and thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed a memorable experience and found enough engaging activities at the beach to keep you occupied during your 4 nights stay with us at the Resort.

I'm also happy that you recognized the efforts of our team and found the service to be attentive, and most importantly, done with a smile!

We look forward to welcoming you back with more family on your next trip to the island .

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this resort for 7 nights as part of our honeymoon, and had an unforgettable experience. Everything is top-notch, especially the staff. They are super well-coordinated, extremely courteous, and generally a pleasure to deal with. The villas are also unbelievable, and provide some amazing views. We split our time fairly evenly between the room / pool and the beautiful beach. Finally, the food--everything was delicious. The breakfast buffet and brunch were outstanding, as were the Thai buffet and steakhouse dinner. CocoRum was also a terrific spot for drinks (and lunch).

It was extremely difficult to leave ... we hope to return the next time we're in Thailand (FS Chiang Mai and Golden Triangle are also on our list of resorts to visit).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
KohSamuiTeam, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Adam B,

Warm greetings from paradise and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Firstly, thank you for choosing to spend your honeymoon with us here at the Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui. I'm delighted that you enjoyed the experience and pleased that you had the opportunity to try most of our diverse Food & Beverage offerings here at the resort. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon and with the magical Four Seasons Tented Camp and the outstanding Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai on your list of properties to visit, I would highly recommend that you visit our website and learn more about our 'Tour of Thailand' package that is available.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great setting. Staff, facility and location were top notch! From the moment we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly staff that made sure every detail was taken care. The Manager personally introduced himself and it seemed everywhere we went the staff knew our names and offered to assist with any needs we had. I highly recommend the Four Seasons Resort!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons

Dear mclark485,

Warm greetings from the Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui.

Thank you for taking the time and reviewing your stay with us. We are delighted that you had a enjoyable stay with us at the resort and I'm delighted that we as a team did a great job of recognizing you and your family.

We certainly hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Coconut Island again soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I spent four nights at the beginning of our honeymoon at the Four Seasons Koh Samui, and we had a spectacular time at this resort. The standard of service was amazing and beyond anything either of us had experienced at another hotel in the past. On top of the wonderful service, the villas are lovely and the location has immense natural beauty.

Planning:

I recommend booking your stay through a Preferred Partner travel agent. We used whatahotel.com and found it to be very easy and well worth it, since they could offer the same rates as Four Seasons directly, but with extra free perks. At this property, the perks included a room upgrade at check-in (if available), breakfast for two each day (either at the restaurant or through in-room dining), and a $100 spa credit.

I also spent quite a bit of time before our stay corresponding with the concierge team at the resort over email, since I wanted to get some special experiences booked well in advance for our honeymoon. I was impressed with the very prompt, thorough, and helpful responses I received from the staff. I am especially thankful to Rainbow for all of her patience and the assistance she provided.

Arrival Experience:

We arrived in the morning at Samui Airport, after about 30 hours of travel from the U.S. We had arranged to be picked up in the hotel’s Mercedes, which was well worth the cost. The driver was professional, and the car was quite comfortable for the 30-minute drive to the resort. There were cold towels, water bottles, and some homemade candy waiting for us in the vehicle, and having wifi in the car was great too. I needed to get Thai Baht, so the driver also offered to stop at an ATM.

The resort is built into a hillside overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, and you enter from the very top, to check-in at the open-air arrival sala with panoramic views of the property and the ocean. We received a welcome drink as soon as we arrived, and the staff took a picture of us that they emailed to us later that day, which was a nice touch. We also loved that the general manger, Jeff, greeted us. It was nice to get to meet him and talk for a few minutes. The welcome we received made it feel like everyone was eagerly anticipating our arrival.

We were happy to learn that our villa was ready in the morning. We had booked an upgraded Premier One-Bedroom Pool Villa, which we chose because it would be in a standalone building (rather than two villas per building in the lower categories). Jeff let us know at check-in that we could have a room upgrade if we were interested. The next room category available was a Beachfront Pool Villa. He said that the room we had booked was actually more private with a better view, but offered to let us look at both rooms to see which one we would like better. This was really nice and important to someone like me, who really cares about having just the right room.

Viviane was very friendly and accompanied us on a buggy (golf cart) to take a look at the two room options and get settled in. First, we looked at the Beachfront Pool Villa. The room was in the lowest row of villas closest to the beach, but there was no direct beach access from the villa, and it would still be a decent walk to get to the beach. After seeing that room, we took a look at the Premier Pool Villa (the room that we had booked), and we preferred it immediately. Our villa (505) was at the very far end of one of the rows of villas, so no other guest would ever come by, and it was much higher up in the hillside, so the view was breathtaking. We immediately chose to stay in that room.

Continuing to impress, the staff had already brought some breakfast pastries and juices and left them in the room for us, since they figured we might be hungry after our long journey. There were also multiple notes in the room wishing us a happy honeymoon, along with a pretty bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne chilling for us as well.

Villa:

Our villa was absolutely beautiful. Beyond the breathtaking view, we just loved the seclusion of being surrounded by so much lush vegetation with no other guests in sight. The large outdoor deck was definitely the highlight. The infinity pool was very large for just the two of us, and the area around the pool was outfitted perfectly with two lounge chairs with an umbrella and a dining table and daybed under a roof that created plenty of shade.

Going into the villa, everything was in wonderful condition and very pretty. The décor is restful and upscale, with lots of windows facing the pool and ocean. The bed was very comfortable with great linens. We also really appreciated the small food items that were left in the room each day, in addition to a large bowl of fresh fruit that was replenished daily. Plenty of complimentary water is also provided in large glass bottles (necessary since you can’t drink tap water here).

Past the bedroom, you enter the closet/vanity area, which contains two large and separate his/hers vanities and a large closet behind each, stocked with all kinds of things (umbrellas, yoga mats, flip-flops, beach bag, etc.). Beyond the vanities, the second section of the bathroom contains the lovely freestanding tub with ocean views and doors that open out to the deck, in addition to the toilet and shower that are each partitioned off with a wall between them (we found it a little odd that neither had a door).

Housekeeping did an amazing job throughout our stay. We were so impressed by all of the little things they did, starting with always organizing our charging cords and toiletries. The most impressive of all was when we came back to the room one evening to find that the housekeepers had completely cleaned every speck of sand off of a pair of flip-flops we had used on the beach. The attention to detail was amazing. They also always seemed to clean the room at perfect times when we weren’t there, and they were never intrusive or bothersome.
The evening housekeepers that came to do turndown service often would come while we were still in the room getting ready for dinner, but they were incredibly respectful and polite whenever I asked if they could come back a little later (I’d recommend if housekeeping try to coordinate turndown a little better with guests’ dinner plans when possible).

Throughout our stay, we found the Four Seasons app to be an amazing tool and well worth downloading and using. It allows guests to request anything, anytime, with a friendly response from a staff member virtually immediately. I found that it was nice to be able to request things or ask questions without having to pick up a phone or move from wherever I was at the moment.

Getting Around the Resort:

The property is very hilly and spread out, and the staff is well equipped to handle this, with buggies available anytime to take you around the property. In fact, I don't think we ever left our room without calling for a buggy on the app, and it never took more than 5 minutes for one to arrive. Whenever we left a hotel venue, the staff members always offered to call for a buggy to return to our villa. I didn’t find the need to use buggies to be a negative at all.

Dining:

We were happy with the dining options at the resort, although breakfast and dinner at KOH stood out in particular for being the best. Most other meals were solidly good, but not quite as memorable.

KOH (the resort’s Thai restaurant) is located at the top of the hill along with the main hotel lobby and gift shop, and also had my favorite views of the property and sunset. KOH is the only restaurant that serves breakfast, and we really loved going there for the breakfast buffet. A lot of things made the breakfast buffet stand out to me, such as the wide variety of pastries, the inclusion of sparkling wine, the rotating fresh juices and smoothies, and the chef station offering various items cooked to order. On top of the very nice Western and Asian buffet options, each guest could order one a la carte item off of the menu as well. The staff at KOH was incredibly sweet, remembered us each day, and always gave us a nice table with a great view.

We also went to KOH for a Thai tasting dinner with wine pairings in the private sala, as well as a private wine tasting in the KOH wine cellar a different night. The Thai tasting dinner was one of our favorite meals of our entire honeymoon. The staff decorated the sala beautifully with rose petals and lots of candles, and it was perfect romantic setting for a great multi-course dinner with delicious Thai food and wine pairings.

The private wine tasting at KOH was also very fun in the hotel’s beautiful wine cellar. We opted to do the “outstanding cabs and blends” tasting, which included tastings of three reds, along with canapé pairings for each. At the end, we were allowed to choose our favorite and take the rest of that bottle with us to dinner that night. Our sommelier was so nice and we just had a great time trying the wines and discussing wine with her. The sommelier team also took their role very seriously, which I appreciate. One of the wines originally listed for our tasting wasn’t available, so we received a letter in our room the day before to let us know, and the head sommelier even found us at dinner to confirm that this wouldn't be a problem, which was totally not necessary, but very nice.

I also planned a surprise Once In a Blue Moon dinner on the beach. I worked with the staff to customize a menu with wine pairings, and they did a great job of setting up a romantic spot in a secluded area on the beach, including pretty lanterns hanging from the trees and a private musician for a portion of the dinner. I would recommend starting the dinner right around sunset, so that you can see the location in the light, but still be there when it gets dark. We started dinner after dark, and enjoyed it, but I think we would have preferred being there for sunset. I also paid for the in-room décor add-on, which included a bottle of champagne and flower petals decorating our room when we returned from dinner. Everything was set up really nicely, so I thought this was worth it for a special dinner during our honeymoon.

We also had dinner one night at CoCoRum, the Latin bar/restaurant by the pool and beach. I booked a private tasting dinner with drink pairings at the infinity table overlooking the ocean, which was very pretty. The Latin food was a nice change of pace, and I opted for the cocktail pairings with dinner, which were a lot of fun and presented really nicely. We also had wonderful service at CoCoRum. We were extremely tired during dinner, probably due to jetlag or from being in the sun all day. Our server took note, and gently asked us if we might prefer to go back to our room and have our dessert and final drink pairings sent back to our room for us. I was so impressed by the astute service, because it was exactly what we needed in that moment.

We had one lunch at Pla Pla, the other restaurant by the beach and pool (next to CoCoRum, but not as close to the pool). I believe Pla Pla is Mediterranean in theme, but at lunch, it had a general mix of everything. The food there was fine, and the space is nice. I just recall our lunch feeling particularly hot and humid, but I think that was because it was one of the first places we went before we had really adjusted to the heat.

On our final night, we had dinner at the Beach House, the pop-up restaurant that the hotel creates on the beach on certain nights. We went for Saturday Steak Night and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere on the beach. For Steak Night, you choose from a variety of steaks that they have on display, and the price includes the steak, as well as salad and dessert buffets that are set up nearby. For our meal, we split the tomahawk steak, which was fine, but a bit overpriced for what it was.

We also ordered room service on a couple occasions, once for breakfast, and other times just for afternoon snacks when we were relaxing in our villa. I loved the ease of placing our orders via the Four Seasons app, and I was impressed that every time, the food came sooner than promised and was set up quite nicely on our outdoor table.

Spa:

Our visit to the spa was really the only disappointment during our stay. First, we really enjoy using spa relaxation rooms and spa facilities, so we were disappointed to find that there really aren’t any here. After checking into the spa lobby, you’re immediately taken to a separate private building where your treatment will occur.

However, the real issue was with our treatments themselves. We had booked a custom couples’ spa package that included reflexology massages, followed by four-hands massages and a bath at the end. The issues started right away when the staff started off with reflexology on me, but thought my wife was getting a scrub. My wife realized the mistake quickly and spoke up. After that, we both really disliked the four hands massages. My wife felt that the masseuses were a bit intrusive, especially in doing things like fully massaging her breasts, which made her uncomfortable. I also felt uncomfortable at several points in the massage, which made it hard to relax. I thought draping was really minimal at times, and the massage got uncomfortably close to my genital area on multiple occasions. The issue may be that we’re American and used to more careful draping during massages, but I think the spa needs to be more careful and find out guests’ preferences in this regard.

After we got back to our villa from the spa, and compared notes on our experiences, I spoke with the spa manager, Stephanie. She was extremely understanding, apologized profusely, and offered us a refund for the bad treatments. I was also shocked to find on our final bill that not only were the massages removed, but that all spa charges, including for the reflexology and bath, were gone. I swas impressed with the hotel’s service even when we had a slight issue.

Activities:

We spent the vast majority of our time at the resort enjoying the gorgeous views from our villa. We never even visited the main pool or beach, but those areas looked basically empty most of the time, so you’ll definitely never feel crowded at the resort.

We did one excursion that took us away from the resort. I surprised my wife by renting the Siam Seas Explorer (the smaller of the resort’s two boats), for a daytrip to Angthong National Marine Park. Although the excursion was pricey, it was absolutely worth it. We had three hotel staff members on board, and the boat was great for a small group. There was an outdoor section on the back where we could sit to eat or just relax, as well as an interior area below with a bathroom. The front of the boat also had a lounge bed where we loved laying out in the afternoon, taking in the gorgeous views in every direction.

The excursion to Angthong began with a visit to the beautiful Emerald Lake. Everything was timed perfectly so that we arrived before any of the big tourist boats, and we had the entire island to ourselves. After that, we stopped at one area in the Marine Park for snorkeling. The snorkeling was the best we’ve ever done, and was followed up with snacks and drinks waiting for us on the boat. We then made our final stop at another island within the park, where the staff set up a beautiful family style Thai lunch for us on the beach while we kayaked. We finished the day by riding around the islands of the Marine Park until we needed to return to the resort. There was a Bluetooth speaker on board, so we were able to enjoy music we wanted, while laying on the front of the boat taking in the breeze and the views. It was truly a perfect day and the best experience of our honeymoon.

The other activity we did was a private Muay Thai boxing class with the hotel’s instructor, who is a former competitive boxer. The boxing ring is in a gorgeous open-air location at the top of the hill. We had fun, but it was more difficult than expected. The hour-long session began with various warm-up activities, mostly jumping rope, and including various “punishments” if we couldn't properly complete the exercise (such as extra push-ups, sit-ups, etc.). After that, he had us play some boxing games with each other, and then we boxed against him. The session was quite challenging, and very physical (and we both work out very regularly). It was a memorable experience and I’m glad we did it, but we were also a little glad when it was over and we had made it through!

Weather/Bugs:

We visited in early May, and it was very hot and very humid all the time, although we did get used to it a bit more with each day. The villas are well air conditioned, so that is the best place to escape the heat, since most hotel facilities are totally open-air.

Other than some sporadic overnight rain, it only rained for about 2 hours one afternoon. We were able to sit outside under the covered portion of our deck while it was raining and stay totally dry, so it was really a non-issue. After that, staff members actually apologized multiple times for the rain, as if they have any control over it!

As others have mentioned, bugs do have a very large presence at this resort. We brought bug spray from the U.S., and it did not seem to work at all. We learned this the hard way after our first night, when my wife woke up to find over 30 separate mosquito bites on her body. After that, we used the hotel-provided bug spray that is in the bathroom toiletry box, and we had more success. We also stopped by the gift shop and purchased two anti-bug bracelets, which are basically just wearable citronella. We wore these for the rest of our stay and I thought they also helped a little, despite being a little pricey (about $30 USD each).

I was quite surprised with how many bugs there were, given that I know the hotel sprays for them, and we’re used to mosquitos and other bugs (although not to this extent) at home. I’m not sure if it was particularly bad in our room, since we were at the very edge of the property, but I honestly have to believe the Four Seasons could spray more often or do more, even in a tropical location.

It was also frustrating that I noticed a gap between the doors from our bedroom to the deck. Even when the sliding doors were fully shut and locked, there was a small gap near the lock mechanism, which bugs could easily fit through.

In addition to the bugs, there are a lot of lizards around the property. These don’t really bother us, but some are quite large and we saw a small one scurrying around our room at one point.

Tipping:

Information in the room said that tipping is not necessary or expected, since a 10% service charge is automatically included in everything. There is also never a tip line on receipts to give the option to add a tip. I was torn, but ultimately decided to follow what the hotel said, and not tip above the service charge. It made the great service feel even that much more genuine to know that it was standard, and not something that is provided in expectation of a tip.

Overall:

Despite a couple of very minor suggestions here and there, I really don’t think I’ve ever stayed at a finer hotel than the Four Seasons Koh Samui. In addition to a gorgeous, well-maintained property, the staff is really what makes it perfect. You would be hard pressed to find any staff member here who would not go above and beyond for guests. Literally every time we passed a staff member, they stopped everything they were doing, bowed and said hello in Thai. I also can’t even count the number of times that a staff member congratulated us on our wedding or wished us a happy honeymoon. Hotel staff knew exactly who we were whenever we arrived somewhere, and they remembered our preferences. Everything you would expect from a very high-end hotel is exactly what you get at the Four Seasons Koh Samui, and then some.

Room Tip: The higher up in the hills you are, the better the view. We recommend the Premier One-Bedroom Pool Villa for the most seclusion.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Matthew G

Dear mrg0137,

Warm greetings from Koh Samui and thank you very much for your meticulous and accurate review of your recent stay with us. May I start by saying thank you for choosing to spend your Honeymoon with us, we truly feel privileged that you decided such
a momentous occasion would best be spent at the Four Seasons.

I'm delighted that we managed to create a special experience for you and the little touches that made a big difference. We certainly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Coconut Island again very soon.

Kind wishes,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Excellent facility, amazing staff, exceptional service! Just do it! Best resort experience in my entire life! Absolute perfection, have told everyone I know and meet about how marvelous this resort is, will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Four Seasons

Dear PorterLillian,

Thank you for the fantastic review and we greatly appreciate you recommending the resort. I will gladly share your praise with our team, whom I'm sure will be as equally happy as I am.

Looking forward to your next visit and in the meantime please do stay in touch.

Kind regards,