Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
John_harvey2000
Paris, France

Excellent boutique hotel on the beach.

Review of Ocean Beauty
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Jun 2012
We had a short stay at ocean beauty as part of our trip to mauritius and were actually quite impressed by its location on the beach of pereybere with breathtaking views on the ocean.
Rooms were clean and modern with good amenities and close to restaurants. Will greatly recommend.
Date of stay: March 2012
Room Tip: Ocean view room
Trip type: Travelled with family
    R 3 057
  • Trip.com
0.9 km from Ocean Beauty
View more hotels in Pereybere
All reviews every morning nice swimming pool baie mauritius ocean
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Lots of nice things about this place but all ruined by the lack of hygiene and chip on the shoulder of the main waiter there. Most things you ask for for breakfast from their menu they won't have it and that is a short sharp no, not an apology or any bother to explain that actually they will never have it and so don't ask for it again!
I was fed up after a few days of dirty napkins, dirty tablecloths and 2 particular servings of food ready served with insects. Now I understand the island has lots of insects but really do expect for this money for there to be more care and hygiene so that I at least receive insect free food (bearing in mind everywhere else on the island I received insect free food, even from cheap street food) and then from then on it's up to me to keep them away. One morning I saw 3 ants crawling in and out of our croissants and pain u chocolat, plus another 2 in the process of delving into my cornflakes, this was as the waiter was serving it to me. When I started to try and get them off, he said he must have knocked a tree on the way! No apology, no offer to change it, that was it! Needless to say I didn't eat any of it. I didn't realise I had to pick my food apart before I could eat anything but evidently food is sitting around uncovered in an unclean kitchen or there's a lack of care in the kitchen or on the way to the guests. We'd also had a time when we received a halfused packet of jam which is really disgusting as the birds are all over these things once you've left your table and before the waiter collects. Therefore not only was it half used by someone but no doubt slobbered on by a bird! Anyway ths was following a dinner of chicken which contained a pond insect which hopped out to greet me as I cut into it. At this stage, still being too polite to complain, or more accurately wanting to avoid the attitude of the waiter (rather than apology and care as you would expect ANYWHERE), my husband simply politely asked him if he could please cover the food on his way to us, entertaining his "tree" excuse. He got an "ok" and the starter of the following meal was served covered. Very nice, thanks. However, that was the beginning and the end of his efforts. He then unusally spoke to us whilst helping us out by lending us a bottle opener to get across that he had been doing this job since he was 17 and is now nearly 30 and that with that experience also, our wine was too cold to be good to drink. Thanks very much, and as I expected this is how he dealt with a reasonable request to cover food due to the recent insect activity in food. As a paying guest you expect professionalism, not ego trouble. He once served my food at my place while my chair was on the other side and I wanted to move it back so he stood back and watched me struggle instead of helping me. A small thing but extremely offputting. Our towels were generally clean enough but once a fresh towel came complete with a worryingly coloured brown stain on it. The other thing that ruined the experience was being hinted to without shame to tip on 2 different occasions on paper. When we first got there, part of the welcome pack explained the tipping system where there was a box in reception which was shared out amongst the staff, so if you liked someone in particular mention it to the management. Quite fair enough but an awful attempt at discretion (trying to hint to us to tip by making it seem as if it was important information) but that was fine, merely slightly amusing. However, just before we checked out we received a letter once again requesting we leave our keys in our room and once again "explaining the tipping process". Therefore this left us with no desire to tip whatsoever. It's extremely rude and made worse by the fact the main person employed to provide service only caused grief and annoyance for us.

The method of dinner I thought was nice. We knew when it was coming and to not know what was coming was quite fun. The food when insect free was really quite nice. The lady in management was really lovely and helpful. The security guard was such a lovely, helpful smiling man. The pool was quite cold but really nice and big. The views were incredible. The beach is definitely not private! There were often loads of random people turning up there and staff at the hotel watched this without doing/saying anything so think they should defintely remove any claims of the beach being private!

Date of stay: August 2011
7  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 29 July 2011

First of all, it is not a hotel. It is a wonderful luxurious inn in perybere near grand baie. Mauritius is a huge island and every part is far from onether. The airporr is more than an hour from wherever.
But mauritius is one of the most marvellus islands in the world!!!
You have marvellous beaches, different cultures, temples and the speak french! Could you imagine anything better?
Ocean beauty is a small inn with very nice touches.
Rooms are very well equipted, ours had a full kitchen thar we used cooking an octupus ( buy it in the local market), molton brown toiletries ( including lip balm) and a nice veranda.
Breakfast is a la carte and Prakash was a lovely waiter always looking for you. I really miss the vanilla and papaya marmalade!!! It is true that you have breakfast in room but who doesn t like it?
They gave us a free dinner because of our long stay and despite thar it was scheduled for a fix day the changhe the day because it was my birthday...wonderful touch.
Yes the hotel beach is not the best, but you have many excursions to wonderful beaches.
Accomodation in mauritius is very expensive but ocean beauty offers a very good value at affordable rates.
We also bought to the hotel a excursions package at a cheap price. We loved dear island!! Do not miss it.
I do not want tp forget that our rome was full of flowe petals at check in and the last night.
If you want a wonderful lovely inn this is your place!

Date of stay: January 2011
2  Thank NicoDV
Reviewed 11 May 2011

My partner and I were really looking forward to this break, and had high expectations on this Hotel; sadly, we did not find what we expected....

One of the main reasons we booked with this hotel was that it looked like an independent boutique hotel, which we love, but things that appear on their website, aren't quite the way they say...they're not lying, they just have a different interpretation of it.
For instance, free snorkelling and water sports, yes, but only once a week; Snorkelling is one hour, and water ski, 15 minutes, that’s it! So take your snorkelling gear with you, because they won’t lend you any! It also says on their web that breakfast is from 7AM to whatever time you wake up, and it's there in 10 minutes, well, not quite true, breakfast is at anytime, providing this time is before 10:30 AM, also it will be with you in 10 minutes only if they don't have other orders, in that case, it could be from 20 to 40 minutes....
It was a Villa within the hotel premises, they say to us that it was a private villa, and it had nothing to do with the hotel, although it had direct access to the pool, which we thought it was weird.
If you rented a car, which we did, you weren't allowed to park it inside because of the access to this Villa....we then learned that this was the owner's...that explains the access to the pool and the parking...
The pool:
The pool needs an update, some of the tiles are falling down, and there is an area that looks like it was a Jacuzzi once, but nothing goes on there....
There are plenty of sun loungers by the pool, but there isn't a great deal of sun....it's only sunny to one side of the pool, beside the Villa is an enormous tree that blocks most of the sun...so we sort of got chairs most days, not always on the sun, also, the Hotel was half full, so not sure if you would have any hope when is fully booked!
We never heard the underwater music they claim to have in the pool, not big deal for us though.
The Beach:
It’s as small as it gets, but cute, they claim is private, but not too sure, lots of people would go there, which wasn’t an issue for us, mind you they left lots of rubbish, and we thought since they say it belongs to the Hotel, maybe they could keep it clean and tidy.
The Bar/ Restaurant:
There isn’t a Bar or a Restaurant in the Hotel as such, they were kind of trying out this “free drink” system, that again, not sure if it works....basically, beside the reception was a fridge with a bottle of coke, water, fruit juice and local Rums, that you can help yourself with, there was also wine at a charge of 25 Euros a bottle.
Not all of it was there all the time, so, sometimes you would fancy a coke and find just water and rum.
So dinner time, They will serve you dinner at the table in your room or on the beach (by the pool), but you have to get up and get your own drink from reception, they never tell you what’s for dinner, and you can’t choose your food or the time it is served, it’s always served at 7:30 and, sometimes, they take you on a mini-bus to their sister Hotel were you DO have to pay for all your drinks, although there is some choice in the menu, and they have a proper bar where you can also have a cocktail after dinner! At last! Mind you, when you start to enjoy yourself, they tell you to go back!
It was OK, nice enough food, not great, we just felt like were little children being told all the time where to go, what to eat, and what time we should be in bed! And that’s not what we want on holidays, so we decided to go somewhere else around for dinner few nights and do our own thing!

Overall, it was a nice break; Even though we wouldn’t recommend this Hotel to a friend, or go back. I suppose we were annoyed about the “Four Star Boutique Hotel” which, to our view, was nowhere near...maybe 3 star??
It could be a better Hotel, it’s got potential, at the moment it’s a bit tired, and they could make guests feel more welcome by giving choice, not imposing.

Date of stay: April 2011
4  Thank ItziLondon
Reviewed 20 March 2011

Stayed at Ocean beauty last October as part of our honeymoon. And I have to say i was not that impressed with this hotel. We booked it through our travel agent who also helped me organise our wedding in Mauritius. We also booked many of our guests in their sister hotel Ocean Villas. My maid of honour and her partner had booked to stay at Ocean beauty for 2 nights and when we got there they were told that their rooms were no longer available. They had over booked and given them to longer staying customers which I found quite unprofessional. They tried to palm off Ocean Villas to them instead but my friends were having none of it. So they and my agent (who did regular business with the hotel) went to talk with the manager and was first kept waiting for a long time and ten told that there was nothing they could do. In the end the management offered them another hotel which sounded nice but then when my friends got there, they had been allocated a bad room by the road. So they were not impressed at all. A big mess really. And my agent who had worked with them for a long time will, after this experience, NO longer be working with them anymore!
This was quite worrying as we were supposed to stay at Ocean Beauty for the 2nd part of our honeymoon. Luckily they hadn't changed our reservation and on arrival we were escorted to the make shift reception are where we had to wait a while for check in. Then got to our room and although the room was large, the quality is drab! Not fully clean, just superficially. I think the branding of itself as a luxury boutique hotel is over rated. It's more like a wannaby one and more like a B&B. Talking of breakfast, you get breakfast on your balcony because they do not have a restaurant but every morning I asked for various things on the menu and they didn't have stock of most of it. All they had was cereal and bread. Oh and eggs but I would not recommend it as they were kind of disgusting.
Beach there is not nice and I would recommend you make use of the much nicer public beaches in Grand bay area.
Overall, I was not impressed at all and I think it's trying to be something it is not.

Date of stay: October 2010
2  Thank WanderlustJenny
Reviewed 21 November 2010

After being back in the cold Denmark for a while, we are asking ourselves, if it was just a wonderful dream being so lucky to stay in the Ocean Beauty for 14 days. But no, it was actually true and it has been our best holiday ever. We have never been so spoiled and pampered by any hotel. The place is very relaxed and cosy – it is home away from home!

Before booking a hotel in Mauritius, we took a long time checking out a lot of hotels out, reading reviews looking for the best. We were going to Mauritius in order to celebrate our cobber wedding and we wanted this holiday to be perfect. We found everything we were looking for in Ocean Beauty. Everything described on Ocean Beauty’s website is true and in reality even better. We were looking for a small hotel where you could feel “at home” and that is exactly what you do in Ocean Beauty. When we entered the room the first day it was beautifully decorated with flowers all over and there were candles and fresh fruit as well. What a great start.

Ocean Beauty is a boutique hotel with 5 suites and 4 rooms. We stayed in the Carlet suite and had the most beautiful view over the garden and the Indian Ocean – and we were also so lucky that we could see the sunset from our large balcony. The room was beautifully furnished in warm, wonderful colors and had everything you needed from hairdryer to iron and ironing board as well as beach towels. There is a refrigerator, a microwave and coffee/tea facilities in an extra room and the coffee/tea/sugar was filled up every day. They furnish you with bath robes and slippers as well as shampoo and bubble bath cream. The bathroom is large with a separate toilet, a very large shower and a large spa. You can enjoy world music when doing whatever you do in a bathroom.

The breakfast is a chapter by itself. You can choose to have it on the beach or on your balcony. You have a large menu card to choose from. We can especially recommend the egg Benedict with the blue marlin. It is just a dream :o)

We had booked 3-course dinners on alternate nights and every meal was excellent. During our stay we didn’t get the same course once and we really enjoyed to be eating a lot of fish, but there was always steak/chicken/lamb as well. Often the courses looked like art when presented on the table and always on a white table cloth. Sometimes there is live music during dinner. We were fortunate enough to enjoy several different guitarists/singers. The first night the guitarist even came to our balcony and sang for us. What a great surprise! The dinner as well can be enjoyed on your balcony or on the beach.

In the very nice open lobby you find the reception, a computer with internet access for the guests as well as a free bar. There were many nice surprises. Sometimes when lying on the beach, the cook came at lunch time with a little snack like for instance marlin or fruit as a compliment from the management and one day they arranged a barbecue.

The Ocean Beauty is very well run. The garden is wonderful with many different beautiful flowers, palms and trees and birds. There is a gardener on duty every day. The swimming pool is large with a Jacuzzi and sitting there you enjoy the view over the Indian Ocean. The private beach is really nice and cosy with sunbeds, umbrellas and sitting areas. There is a door in the garden wall, which takes you right into the Indian Ocean with only a few steps to the public beach – wonderful!

The hotel offers you free trips with a glass bottom boat, waterskiing and banana ride once a week, which is a great idea. The glass bottom boat takes you to the reef for snorkeling if you want to. Try it!

There is a security guard on duty around the clock, which makes you feel safe in your own little world. It doesn’t mean that you should feel unsafe when leaving the hotel. The hotel is situated only a few hundred meters from the small village of Pereybere where you can find everything you need from good restaurants to small shops and exchange possibilities. There is a supermarket situated just across the street from the hotel. If you want to go to a bigger town you just take the bus to Grand Baie. It takes about 10 minutes. Grand Baie is a busy town, where you find a market with around 200 shops. You can make a really good bargain there.

We think that it is a must to go to the capital, Port Louis, with its beautiful waterfront and a lot of historic sites and really interesting and amazing architecture. You will find an ordinary market as well as a craft market, China Town and many different shops. You can take the bus from Pereybere, but we chose to be taken by Ocean Beauty’s driver, Deepak – and what a good idea. Before dropping us off in downtown, Deepak drove us to the citadel above Port Louis, where you have the most beautiful view over the city and the mountains.

We went on a one day trip to Ile aux Cerfs – an island on the east coast arranged by the hotel. It was a wonderful day. We went with 8 other guests from the sister hotel Ocean Villas and drove along the coast to the south west side of the Island. From there we went by speed boat to the most beautiful waterfall, then to a bounty land beach and thereafter to another beach where we had a great barbecue with among other things – grilled lobster. Go there!!

We went on a trip to the South West part of the island. Again we booked the hotel’s driver, Deepak. It was an unforgettable day and such an advantage to have a personal guide giving us so much interesting information. We visited a glass blowing factory using recycled glass, Le Port Pirate factory making handcrafted ship models, the extinct volcano at Trou aux Cerfs, the Hindu holy lake and temple at Grand Bassin, the Black river Gorges and the Alexandra Falls, the seven coloured earths at Chamaral, which is absolutely amazing. There was also time for some shopping.

We could go on and on telling about all the good things you can do. A lot of the time we just enjoyed life on Ocean Beauty’s beach, which was so peaceful and relaxing.

Last but not least, we can’t thank the staff in Ocean Beauty enough for making our holiday so wonderful. Jennifyr and Natalie in the reception, who were always there for us when we needed it. Vikesh, Ocean Beauty’s waiter, who served our breakfast and dinner, and always had time for a little talk and good information. Deepak, Ocean Beauty’s driver for being so kind and for taking us to wonderful places and telling us a lot about Mauritius. The security guards, who were so kind and helpful – always with a smile, the gardener for making the garden so beautiful and the beach so inviting, the cleaners for making our room so nice to stay in and the cook for creating nice dishes. Thanks to everybody for making our holiday the best ever!!!

Also thanks to the management for running such a great hotel. You are doing a wonderful job, and we really hope to come back one day!

Tom & Merete