“Great corner cafe for people-watching and spending an idle afternoon!”

Stockfleths Prinsens Gate
Ranked #5 of 73 Coffee & Tea in Oslo
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Norwegian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Chanced upon this little cafe, situated on a street corner just in front of a tram stop, only on our last day in Oslo! :(

Bar seats lined the entire L shape windows; excellent for people-watching! The cafe is brightly lit, modernly decorated with a bright atmosphere which was echoed by the staff (all smiles!). I did a quick peep at the basement seating area which was decorated to resemble a living room, but decided that the bar stools were better for my last few cafe moments.

The staff were very friendly and while I was there, I saw some regulars popping by to chit chat with them.

I had a Mocha (as usual) and my partner had a Latte. Both were equally good, smooth in texture but I would have liked my Mocha less bitter (guess their ratio of coffee was a tad more then my usual).

I would have liked to stay linger a while longer, but I had a train and flight to catch. Otherwise, the brightly-lit bar seats were really, really good for watching the world go by, doing crosswords, reading a book while sipping a good, hot cup of coffee.

Tip: Ask the staff for a ring key to the washrooms. The washrooms auto lock upon closing so there is no need to lock it after you leave.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a classic Oslo coffee shop. Good coffee. Good baked goods. And a good local vibe. It is a great place for a good cup of coffee.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I’m happy that this cafe is right on my corner. So I go there quite often.

The coffee is really great!

What I don’t like that much there are pastries, which are bit dry. Stockfleths should offer additionally to that any kind of jam, what is actually done by another “famous” bakery in Oslo.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Nice place for a pause during a day on the town. Try the filter coffee! I’ve made it a habit to come back whenever in Oslo and can recommended the breakfast as well.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Good place to drink a coffe and a Kanelsnurr!! Also if you like the coffee you can buy the coffee beans. The have Colombia coffee, you should try it.