Reviews (1 829)
1 829 results
1 027
1 027
All reviews kate moss light dinner central station upstairs lounge evening buffet clarion collection afternoon snack free dinner fantastic breakfast included in the price top floor hotel breakfast superior room free coffee an expensive city the hotel offers breakfast is served
4 - 9 of 1 829 reviews
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

Heard a lot of good things about this place but I was a bit disappointed. The room was cramped and I struggled to get in the door and that was without a suitcase! Fair to say that the hotel is showing age but on the plus side, the breakfast was good and the personnel were friendly.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Nadja G, Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear Duncan M,

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast and the friendly staff.

However, I am sad to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We have rooms in different categories and our superior rooms are not only spacious but they also have more amenities too and I can highly recommend to book it next time.

If you are travelling to Oslo again, please contact me on nadja.gadelius@choice.se and I will make sure that we give you a memorable stay.

I wish you a great weekend!

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Great hotel for a night or even a few days. Have stayed here several times and I have always been very satisfied with, the service, food, rooms, the employees. I give this hotel two BIG thumbs up. Well worth the money. On my visits to Oslo be it work or pleasure my first choice is Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Nadja G, Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear ellingt0nw,

Thank you for staying with us at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret and for your feedback.

I am pleased to hear that you had a flawless stay with us and enjoyed the service, food, your room and most important my colleagues. I will forward your kind words to the whole team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back next time you visit Oslo!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

We were assigned a room where--litterally--the two of us could not be in the room at the same time as our suitcases. It may be that this hotel is designed for the backpacking set, but that's not us. We were offered the chance to have a decent sized room, but have to move back in to the "closet' the next day, so I guess they tried to be accommodating, but the term "standard room" obviously means something entirely different than anywhere in the world I've ever been. Breakfast was good, but not great, location pretty industrial. If you want to be near the train station, tho, this is your place.

Stayed: September 2018

Dear caseyscott1,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to write hear on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location. However, I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your room. Next time you are visiting Oslo I can highly recommend to book a superior room as they are more spacious and they have more amenities too.

I wish you a lovely weekend!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

The hotel is very well situated in Oslo. Easy walking distance from the railway station and pretty well in the middle of the city. The hotel staff were excellent. We managed to muddle up our check out date and the receptionist went out of her way to arrange flight bookings and an additional night's stay for us. The breakfast was very good and the hotel provides a light evening meal free of charge for guests. A great idea!
Lots of areas within a short stroll for eating and enjoying a drink.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Nadja G, Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Gh0stguest,

Greetings from Oslo!

Thank you for staying at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret and for taking your time to write here on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had a flawless stay with us and enjoyed our breakfast which we are really proud of, complimentary evening meal and the service provided by my colleague at the front desk. I will forward your kind words to the whole team. Regarding our location we are really lucky to be situated in the city center with walking distance to the railway station and many attractions.

We hope to see you next time you visit Oslo!

Reviewed 20 September 2018

The hotel is centrally located to the action and provides several places to eat within walking distance. The room was spacious and clean, however, a little dark which is good at night for sleeping, not a problem during the day, as we were out enjoying the city. The breakfast buffet was very good, it accommodated European and American breakfast styles. Love the afternoon tea and snacks. If you want the theater, it's extremely convenient.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Nadja G, Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear K B,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to write here on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your room, our delicious breakfast and the afternoon sweets. I will forward your kind words to my colleagues. Regarding our location we are really lucky to be located in the heart of Oslo with walking distance to wide range of restaurants and attractions.

We hope to see you next time you visit Oslo!