“Northern Lights Tour”

Arctic Explorers Tromso
More attraction details
Owner description: Northern lights specialists, and photographers. High ranked on all trips. Small groups. All inclusive - you save money. Warm expedition suits and extreme winter shoes. Tripods. Passionate guides. Pictures included, and more. Welcome!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent a consderabe time researching the multitude of Northern lights trips and tours for our recent trip to Tromso. I definitely don't regret my choice. My husband and I had a great trip with guide Paulina and driver Teodor. Obviously nothing is guaranteed when it comes to Northern lights and I must say I was almost disappointed when we saw them after about 30 mins drive because in my head I was ready to chase around Norway! Anyway we were lucky to see a long although not amazingly strong display, and after a while in one location we drove further to a beach location which gave us an even better display.
Paulina was very knowledgable, not just about northern lights but also in helping everyone with their camera settings. I like to think I am good with my camera, but having her there to set up in the first instance meant loads less faffing for me later (especially usueful when it's minus 10 and you really don't want to take the gloves off much!) and I also then had the confidence to experiment a bit with the settings myself. All in all it was a night we will never forget, thank you

Write a ReviewReviews (1 433)
All reviews
"hot food"
in 23 reviews
"expedition food"
in 16 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 12 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 52 reviews

3 - 7 of 1 433 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The northern lights tour was great, and they were very accommodating on the dates after our flight was diverted. Our guide was Jiri, who is very knowledgeable and always happy to help, and his photos ended up being amazing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I will not be able to say enough about what a great time i had this weekend in Tromso... I took two northern light tours, friday with Max, and Saturday with Salvatore and our driver Theodore... On sunday i took the fjord tour with Leonardo. Arctic explorers advertise as a one of the best rated companies for sightseeing tours in Norway and they really are... All guides were amazing... They all care to really give us, the tourist, a good run for our money. On Friday Max took us to Kvaløya he picked a great spot and we got so lucky... Such a great display of the aurora borealis...
On saturday night the weather was not as cooperative but here is where the dedication from our tour guide and driver took over... Salvatore did not rest until we could find a clear piece of sky, away from the snow and clouds, for that we needed to drive 2 hours south of Tromso and two hours back...it was a long night, we finished at 5 am.. but that just speaks of how committed the guides are to give you a good time. In the end the experience was just as enjoyable.
And last but not least was our trip to the fjords with our good friend Leonardo (i think he is a friend now...) as a guide... He took us to great spots and made the trip very entertaining with charismatic personality...
All guides are very accomodating... You are provided with all you need, thermal suits, boots, gloves, headlamps, tripods for your camera... On the northern light tours they build a fire, give you hot chocolate and a great meal (soup)
Trully awesome job guys... Thank you all Max, salvatore, Theodore and Leonardo... You made my weekend in Tromso really unforgettable.
Kudos to Arctic explorers!
I trully recommend them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing!!!!!!!
The guide (Max) took us to a nice spot where we could see the sky clear. He also explained that our goal was to look for a clear spot without clouds and then the northern lights would come, and how was that!!!
Amazing!!!!!!! Still cannot believe that we had that much luck on the first try.
The tour gives you thermal suits (polar suits I think are called), boots, gloves and everything you might need to feel warm (within the limits of being in Norway at -8 C)
Coffee, chocolate, soup... whatever you want too.
He built a fire. We didn’t have to drive too much away from Tromsø, so he had time to built a fire)
Last but not least he took pictures of all of us on demand, help us to set our cameras or iPhones (btw, don’t try with mobiles, muy better the cameras...)
In summary, thanks Max! Great tour!! I know it was not on you the show in the ski, but definitely you helped to make it even better!
Thanks!