“First Escape Room Experience Was Awesome!”
Review of Crime Runners

Crime Runners
Ranked #2 of 120 Fun & Games in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Please book online Delve into an interactive story - together with your friends! One team, one story, one mission per chapter: Only as a team you will be able to solve the tricky riddles and unravel the dramatic mysteries. You take the roles of henchmen to the dubious Operator. He is a hacker who assigns you to break into buildings, find prove of blackmail and dispossess politicians. The ending of the story is in your own hands! Crime Runners is the beginning of a new era of 'Escape the Room'-games and Austria's first Live Action Adventure. Between two and six participants get assignments from the mysterious operator and undergo, in the course of one hour, an exciting and reasoned story. The classic concept 'Room Escape' has therefor been extended by special effects and leads to a completely new experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 25 July 2018

As my first escape room experience, I didn't know what to expect, and was pleasantly surprised at how engaging and fun it was! The puzzles were challenging, the props and other objects in the room made the scenario feel "real", and my sons and I had a great time working together to solve the clues. I can't think of a single thing I would change - it was really a great experience. We only did the first of three scenarios, and will almost certainly go back to do the other two!

All reviews
"sequence"
"challenges"
"technology"

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I have played several escape rooms now (in Vienna and Budapest), and I have to say I got the best experience with Crime Runners. Our Game Master was very funny and she was very nice when we got stuck at the end...

The riddles were quite a blast. I never had so much different things to do in a room. We didn’t find the one thing, but finally we got it with some help.

I would recommend Crime Runners - especially room 3 is my favorite. Sadly we didn’t make it, but we still liked it a lot.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We visited Crime Runners escape room "The Crime Scene" together with my girlfriend. Since we had already visited one other escape room in Vienna which we really enjoyed we were also very excited about this one, because according to the Trip Advisor it's rated as #1 in Vienna.

I can't really agree with that. It's not that there were something really bad about this room, but I didn't find anything too great about it either, just average...

Things I didn't like about it:
- clues were really hidden too much. Because of that we solved the first big puzzle without having all of the clues and didn't get an important piece for the next part of the room (they were hidden in the same place). That obviously got us stuck in the next room.
- too many code locks
- puzzles were rather easy

Things we liked:
- the theme was different and strong
- mechanics in the room worked well

All in all, I don't say that it was a bad experience, but unfortunately it wasn't anything special either. Something was just missing.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

It wasn’t our first escape game so it’s not an easy task to satisfy us but Crime Runners did it.

The concept is a bit different from the other classical escape rooms that we did. They offer 3 different rooms which are called Chapter 1, 2 and 3 because they make one big story.
We did Chapter 1 and it was a lot of fun. I don’t want to spoil anything so I won’t say much except that the “special effects” are nice and “The Operator” concept is great!
Go for it.

We were two for Chapter 1 but you could easily be three.