“Original Wiener Schnitzel ”
Review of Purstner

Purstner
Ranked #111 of 4 737 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$5 - US$28
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived pretty late, around 21 hours. They fiind uș a table, ordered to drink original Austrian Beer, and two original Wiener schnitzel. The food was excellent , personal was friendly and asked more than enough if everything is fine. Highly recommender. Be careful do. You could come and wait without reservation.

1  Thank Ovidiu B
Write a ReviewReviews (2 800)

56 - 60 of 2 800 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My husband and I came to this restaurant for the authentic Austrian food, and we were not disappointed. It was a wonderful atmosphere with authentic interior, but the best part was the food and the service. We went back again, just because we knew that we would get exceptional service and the food good and well priced . On both occasions the waiters were fantastic making our meal enjoyable. The schnitzels are huge, so I would recommend not to have a starter, but that is just me some were eating starters which looked good. Highly recommend.

2  Thank maySunshineCoast
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

“Typical” Austrian restaurant with nice atmosphere. Very friendly staff (best experience in Vienna). Went there for their schnitzel, was good (big size). Ended up going back for nice service and ribs. Be aware, lots of food. (Heads up from waiter would’ve been nice).

Overall nice experience for traditional food.

1  Thank arctictraveler2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I was there with my wife. The food was great that we got. Service was okay none of the Waiters interacted well with the customers. We read reviews before we arrived at the restuarant and it said that Asian people will get sent away when they look for a table even though there was plenty of tables outside for them. We were there for over 30 minutes and Atleast 3-4 Asian people were refused by the waiter at the front door asking them do they have a reservation even though every Caucasian that arrived at the door didn’t have a reservation just like us and they were seated straight away. I don’t know how a restuarant can get away with doing that to Asian people. Would never return as me and my wife don’t like racism. And it shows in the reply’s from the restuarant yo reviews that they don’t mind sending Asians away from the restuarant.

1  Thank daztall
Reviewed 18 June 2018

the Pürstner is about 10min behind the St. Stephans cathedrale, but worth while the short walk.
traditional austrian cuisine at a fair price with a friendly service.
few seatings outside the restuarant
good value for money - always a recommendation

1  Thank Jo_Chen_Lah