“Great local food and service”

ef16 Restaurant Weinbar
Ranked #7 of 4 713 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: Austrian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old University Quarter
Description: Welcome to the ef16 Curious?! Explore Our Restaurant & Wine Bar ef16 in the heart of Vienna. Take a look at our daily, fresh & seasonal prepared dishes. Discover our award-winning garden. Experience original family hospitality, without compromise and take a culinary journey with us! In our kitchen we cook with attention to detail. Our chef Christoph Lamprecht puts special emphasis on regional and seasonal products, from farmers and suppliers from Vienna and the surrounding area. The results are creative, innovative dishes full of authenticity and native influences that put the individual flavor components in the foreground. Excellent taste without any ifs and buts.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great little place. Food was tasty, service flawless and price was reasonable. We tried a local Cab wine bottle, which was really good. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 526)

44 - 48 of 1 527 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I had one night free out of four in Vienna and TripAdvisor helped me find here.
As you enter it’s obvious it’s not just a bistro. Young couples photographing food is a sign of trendy.
The staff are excellent so can the food deliver?
To rise to the next level the place may have to get out of its comfort zone. My soup was warming and just right.
The steak, a superb cut done just right but covered in chopped onion sauce?
It may be traditional Austria, but the place needs to be brave.
For dessert the waiter talked me out of the pannacotta ,for the soufflé . I love both as much so was happy to agree ...despite my surprise that there would be no delay with the soufflé preparation, which usually needs more time.
It arrived and maybe it’s lost in translation but the rest of the world calls this a “sponge”. A very nice one but a fairly solid sponge whereas a soufflé tends not to hold your spoon upright.
Anyway they invite feedback and I expect if they listen there is no reason for this place to be 5 stars within 12 months.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Had a 3 hour stop in Vienna between flights. Excellent service and food. Schnitzel was excellent and lovely panna cotta desert. Knowledgable, friendly and efficient staff. We hadn’t booked but very kindly found a table.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We found ef16 by accident on a random weekday evening. They were mostly full and we didn't have reservations, but they found us a table. Ostensibly one we had to promise to vacate before 20:30, but by that time someone else had left early and they tempted us with dessert.

We had gnocci in a truffle sauce to start. I followed that with a lamb and mushroom risotto special. My partner had the white asparagus special. Everything was amazing. And the desserts, something rich and chocolaty for me and banana and chocolate panna cotta with caramelized mango for my partner, were equally divine.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

When we showed up they told me I had made my reservation for the following week, but got us a table anyway. The cocktails were great and we had the wiener schnitzel and potatoes with green salad which were delicious. They were kind to me even though I had to breastfeed my crying infant at the table and lay her on the bench to nap.