Reviews (1 049)
1 049 results
All reviews cafe central great location junior suite free mini bar within walking distance hofburg palace spanish riding school nice hotel nespresso machine an upgrade breakfast service the heart of the city walk in shower breakfast was included old city metro station four nights
6 - 11 of 1 049 reviews
Reviewed 7 October 2018

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
MariellaV158, Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Reviewed 27 September 2018

We have stayed at this hotel twice, in 2017 and 2018 and I have to say after our second visit I have mixed feelings about it. It could be a really really great hotel, but one thing mainly is letting it down.

But first the positives: It is a lovely building with really nice rooms in a great location. The staff are generally polite and friendly and make an effort to speak English which is always appreciated as my German is pretty awful. The breakfast buffet is great with lots of hot and cold selections.

The negatives: Judging by both of our visits it always seems to be really understaffed and it affects the level of service, whilst we noticed this slightly on our 2017 visit with things like queues for reception and the fact that there never seems to be anyone working in the bar, it was even more pronounced on this visit. For example, on one day there were quite a few people waiting to be served in the bar and people drifting in and out and giving up waiting (you're losing money there Radisson Blu!) and when finally someone did arrive to serve everyone he was complaining loudly to people that he wasn't a barman (not 5 star service!) and on another day we returned to our room at around 3 pm to find it hadn't been cleaned, I called down to reception to ask what time it would be cleaned and was told that someone was coming straight up to do it, we decided to get out of the way and have a drink in the bar (which took quite a while as there was no one working on it) and when we went back up it still hadn't been done, all we got was shrugged shoulders from reception.

So, would I stay again? I might do as I do love the rooms and location but its just a bit sad that it doesn't live up to being as nice as it could be.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Radisson_Vienna, Sales Executive at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Lucy,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We strive towards 100% guest satisfaction and therefor your feedback is extremely important to us. I was disappointed to read that on this occasion we did not entirely meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for that and I can assure you that I have personally followed up with the relevant departments to look into this matter accordingly.

I hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back and to show you that we can make it right!

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Hotel was magnificent. I had a free upgrade to a junior suite. The staff all know proper English and very well behaved. Rooms are spacious unlike most hotels in vienna. Location is at the altstadt close to all shops and landmarks. Would recommend for everyone

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Faisal,

many thanks for sharing your feedback and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Excellent location in this most beautiful city.Upgraded to a junior suite with my husbands Club Carlson membership..this did not include the breakfast which is normally included with our level of reward business membership which we queried to no avail BUT it actually did us a favour as we breakfasted every day in Cafe Central just opposite..we were able to reserve tables there once they got to know us and we also dined there one evening ..a very popular cafe..unlike the hotel bar and restaurant which seemed almost empty every time we passed ...we received nice complimentary wine and delightful message for our anniversary and the staff we met were all very nice and helpful..especially our housekeeper who turned the rockhard bed into something more comfortable with extra layers of duvets ! Why do all hotels have such hard beds ! Lovely bathroom with bath and walkin shower and a very generous sized room with 5 windows overlooking a side street...perfecf location near metro and walking distance to many sights..a lovely stay many thanks

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jessica,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at our Radisson Blu Style Hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the entire hotel team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2018

We booked four nights at the Radisson Blu Style Hotel on the recommendation of friends, Fespite my misgivings about Radisson hotels in general, which I believe are among the most poorly run, and poorly constructed, hotels in the US, we thought that perhaps the "Blu" series are truly an upgrade.

Consistent with the suggestions of our friends, this hotel is in the perfect section of Vienna to tour the old "Royal" city. Within a two minute walk of the massive Hofburg complex, and directly across the street from the famous Cafe Central coffee house, you can easily walk to the most significant historical buildings, as well as the main shopping district of Vienna.

The building itself is not what we expected--a historic, although not very distinctive, 19th century five story that is much smaller than a typical Radisson. But the pleasant surprises ended on the outside of the building. Entering the interior, and although a well designed building would have provided ample reception space, you find reception consists of two ugly modern desks crammed in an L-shape to the left of the doors. Reception is "awkward" at best, with guests cued up to the front of the doors as the sole employee handles both departures and arrivals in a startlingly slow, inefficient and discourteous manner. And the difficulty we had eliciting assistance by phone for restaurant reservations was confirmed--there is no concierge.

To the right of the entry is a large deserted room--part of a bar that is perpetually deserted because it is so ugly. Entering further you reach what I guess I would call a "lobby"--a larger open space two stories tall that, particularly on the blistering day we arrived, feels like you are entering Dante's inferno. The only function of this space (which is dark and has bizzare spokes of illuminated red orbs on the floor emanating from the elevators), that I can discern is as an elevator lobby, but it is an absolutely colossal waste of space and waste of what must have been a beautiful building before Radisson destroyed it.

It was approaching 90 degrees Fahrenheit when we arrived, and the lobby was warm, the hallways on the fifth floor where I room was located were hot, and our room was uncomfortably warm. I attempted to turn up the air conditioning, but could not determine whether I was successful because the thermostat did not seem to respond. I mentioned this to the reception and received a response of "we are doing our best, but this is a very old building and the airconditioning can only do so much." Somehow, the fact that the building is not well designed and does not function well is supposed to provide solace.

We went for a walk and dinner, returning about 9:00 to find our room still very warm. Curiously, there was a fan set up in our room in front of the windows. I turned it on, but it would not run unless the lights in the room were on--the only outlets close enough to use it were switched outlets that also powered the recessed lighting in the ceiling. The choice was to sleep with the fan and the lights on, or rely on the AC--we chose the latter.
Why the designer of this room determined to place recessed cans over the windows, where there is plenty of light, and not over the beds, where there is no way to read at night, is beyond me. In fact, the switches near the door power the lights in the main room while you have to travel to the switch near the main room to turn on the lights in the bathroom next to the door--another dyslexic electrician and another example of Radisson ignoring the details. Although we tried to sleep, I woke up at 1:00 A.M. sweating, and decided to dress and confront reception about the AC. I was very tired and very irritated, but elicited only the same reaction--it is a very old building--and the offer of another fan, which the sole occupant of the front desk could not find, because they apparently were all in use. The front desk did promise to consider an "adjustment" in the room rate for the inconvenience.

I begged reception the next morning, as we left to tour the city, to have someone check the AC in our room. When we returned, the thermostat had been repaired to include a lit LED screen, but the room was still uncomfortably warm. We were also greeted in the room by a typed letter indicating that the hotel was charging us $283 for repair of the broken thermostat. Reception indicated we were being charged because we must have broken it. Thankfully, after a half hour of calling we reached a manager intelligent enough to reverse the charge.

But the repair had little effect--the room was hot for our entire four day stay.

This Radisson did nothing to change my impression of Radissons in general. Why anyone would stay in one escapes me.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WAYZATA55
Radisson_Vienna, Sales Executive at Radisson Blu Style Hotel, Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in our Radisson Blu Style Hotel. We strive towards 100% guest satisfaction and your feedback is extremely important to us.
I truly would like to apologize for the circumstances regarding our airconditioning and I can assure your that I have personally followed-up with the relevant department to look into this matter accordingly.