“If you like rude, classless service go here”
Review of Fashion TV Cafe

Fashion TV Cafe
Ranked #3 590 of 4 808 Restaurants in Vienna
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Description: Fashion TV Café is a luxurious café & bar in Vienna, conveniently located right in front of the Opera House. The place distinguishes itself by virtue of its first-rate hospitality team and its multi-concept program of entertainment and gastronomic experiences. Guests can start their day with a coffee in a cozy and stylish atmosphere or they can enjoy the menu centered on international cuisine with absolute favorite fashion Pizza a la Romana. In the evening, Fashion TV Café is one of the top locations for young people looking to start the night with class. The long list with exquisite cocktails, fine wines and shisha are particularly loved.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I were in Vienna and came upon this bar that seemed like a perfect place. We could watch the opera on the big screen at The Opera House and watch the World Cup at the same time. There was one open outside table that had an unobstructed view of the bar’s TV, but the table had a “Reserved” sign on it. The hostess, however, told us we could use the table and took off the “Reserved” sign. So we sat down, ordered some over-priced drinks, which was fine, and settled in. We were served, and the waitresses weren’t exactly warm to begin with, but no worries — at least for a while. A short time later some customers came to the table and said it was theirs, that they had reserved it. The waitress then came up quickly and said we had to move — immediately. We explained to her that the hostess had seated us at the table, that we hadn’t just sat down, but she didn’t believe us. They wanted us to move to the next table over without a view of the TV. We said — fine, but you should comp us a couple drinks for being so unprofessional. The waitress started arguing vehemently while the hostess disappeared. The waitress absolutely refused to consider any kind of good-faith gesture.

The servers here have some idea they’re upscale, but they’re crass and rude.

If you want to risk getting treated like trash, go here.

Date of visit: June 2018
FashionTVcafe, Front Office Manager at Fashion TV Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

To whom it may concern,

We are extremely sorry about our staffs behavior. Can you please describe the waitress to us so I can get to the point of this. If you are still in Vienna we would like to invite you for a round of drinks on the house as an apology as this is the least we can do for you.

Once again we apologize sincerely and hope this experience didn't ruin your trip completely.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Just logged in to write a review and was shocked seeing negative reviews for this place.
According to me the place is amazing and worth visiting every time ., if I come from India again and again
Pricing - pricing i find is quite reasonable only the Sheesha I little expensive .. hope it could be around 25-30 Euros rather then 38
The Sheesha was amazing and loved it to the core . Wanted to buy the Sheesha to carry it back to India but couldn’t as they don’t sell the Sheesha pot.
The service was amazing.
Waitress Pia was very helpful and cheerful and was taking care of us in the best way possible .
We were 3 of us and ordered
2 Sheesha - plain Mint and double apple mint
9drinks
2 pastries - sacher cake and apple pie
Sacher cake was nice but rather then cream vanilla or chocolate ice cream would go well
Apple pie was a bit dry.

Altogether amazing place and would visit every time I be there . Hope the Sheesha price go little down as I myself own a Sheesha lounge in India.

Date of visit: May 2018
FashionTVcafe, Public Relations Manager at Fashion TV Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Rahul, we're so glad you had such a nice time and hope to welcome you and your friends back again :)

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Despite the poor reviews for this cafe my experience was different. I didn't know what to expect but badly needed a rest from sightseeing and a cup of tea. I found both here - a very good pot of tea, reasonably priced at 5 euros I think, and very comfortable seating. I didn't have any expectations, didn't want anything more and so was very satisfied. I've rated it a 4 out of 5 as the music is very loud and it's not a particularly restful place to stop for refreshments but it is very conveniently located!

Date of visit: March 2018
FashionTVcafe, Public Relations Manager at Fashion TV Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Elizabeth D,

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at our Cafe. Could you please let me know around what time you were in the Cafe? The music should actually be rather quiet and more relaxing during the day, than loud and restless...

Reviewed 24 January 2018

One of the worst cafes I've ever been to. We asked for the cakes menu, arrogantly the waitress responded, "we only have two types of cakes - one chocolate and another one". We ordered the chocolate cake, the waitress came and gave us a fruit cake which has nothing to do with chocolate. We didn't complain about this even though we didn't like the cake as it was really dry. To top things off, the waitress' attitude towards us when paying the bill was terrible.

The cafe's management should seriously take a good look at the service being offered by this waitress. She's just pushing customers away from this cafe.

Thankfully not a reflection of other Viennese cafes.

Date of visit: January 2018
FashionTVcafe, Public Relations Manager at Fashion TV Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Dear Zejtuni,

we are terribly sorry that you had such a bad experience in our cafe. Could you please describe the waitress so we can look into this further and discuss this with her ?

Also we're not sure what cake you received as we don't have a fruit cake..

Please let me know anything you remember about the waitress!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

I had one drink and tried to pay by credit card. I was told I had to spend €20. Naturally I protested and was told by an arrogant staff member that ‘I should have asked at the door’ about payment rules.

Infuriating and ridiculous. Thankfully not a reflection on other Viennese...

Date of visit: January 2018
AustriaAndrea, Manager at Fashion TV Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Mr. Alan, sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay at the Fcafe .i do hope you liked the drink.
On every page at the bottom of our Menue it tells you that the Minimum amount for credit cards is 20 Euros .this is due to the costs of credit cards in Austria and most of the restaurants ,cafes ,shops will add a supplement charge .
please can you tell me the name of the person who served you so I can look into the issue.
sincerely Fcafe Manager