Review Highlights
Open air swimming

Great place to go for a cooling swim on a super hot day like today. It was busy, but took no time... read more

Reviewed 9 August 2018
SteveJPenny
via mobile
Beatiful place close to metro

It was quite close to metro station called Alte Donau. We went there after 4pm and price was 2,50... read more

Reviewed 4 June 2018

from US$137,60
from US$33,50
from US$91,40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

I went with some friends with the metro to a station called Alte Donau, very near to the station we went to buy tickets to enter - I dont recall the actual price but defiantly between 2-6 Euros/Person-. We had so much fun you swim and some geese also swim you could take pictures and there is a restaurant to eat and if you want you could rent small boats. I highly recommend a day there.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

My friend and I visited this beach in Vienna when it was 32 C. The water was perfect: not very warm but not freezing either. There are some great docks for jumping and diving off of. There is also a separate dock for lounging. The 'beach' part is on the grass with tons of shade from the willow trees. It is truly excellent on a hot day. Entry is around €5 depending on the time of day.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Megan B
Reviewed 25 September 2015

I was in vienna over in july and we hit exceptionally hot weather in the 30ies and my friends - who live in vienna - took me to the strandbad in alte donau.
This was one of the nicest experiences I have had - I loved the idea of swimming in the Danube and sunbathing on the banks - the place was immaculately kept they even had boats cleaning the area we were swimming at. There were a couple of swimming pools on the premises as well which was fantastic - there was even warm water to shower in - I waxed lyrical about it - a great place in a great town and I shall certainly be visiting there again. The facilities are too numerous to list here but there is even a restaurant and even a 'nudist' area - the whole experience was great and quite central to boot. It was also very reasonably priced

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed 30 August 2015

A beautiful spot on the Danube. There are a couple of swimming pools for those that don't fancy swimming in the river but it's a well maintained area so swimming in the river is easy (there's a few jetties and one has stairs). There's a couple of places to eat and drink, places to store baggage and get changed/showered etc. On a hot day this is the ideal place to come to, sunbathing and taking a dip in the cool waters with a friendly atmosphere (there were lots of families there with several generations enjoying the facilities). The water is clear enough for you to easily spot the many carp and other fish which swim near the reeds on the opposite side of the wooden jetty and they can be fed from that platform.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

Free entry if you go to the right place. From the Donau Alte station walk past the first 2 pools for 500m then enter the free park. Wade into the river, it's at least 30C! Lots of families in the park but on a weekday evening I found it not crowded. A few of the more energetic punters were doing park gymnastics too which was pretty impressive.

Date of experience: August 2015