All reviews breakfast room neuer markt great location opera house large double room small hotel top floor pedestrian street the upper floors windows closed central location state opera viennese style yogurt two blocks albertina museum apartment building
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I can't respond to your reply to my review " ... Since we have 15 Doublerooms in total we would have been happy to offer you another room. Please be so Kind to check with the Receptionstaff next time for a roomchange. ....Sonja K. "
Well Ms. Sonja k. obviously I tried to change the room but at reception they told me all the rooms are like that ( 2 mattress put together and 2 blankets) and in all your photos you have none to prove otherwise. There are plenty hotels that may not have king size bed ( or at least queen) with one mattress but 2 blankets never happened to me unless there are 2 beds!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoxanaSV
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, perfect location, beautiful view, spacious rooms decorated in a lovely way, the staff is attentive and always willing to help. We don’t speak German and all the staff spoke at least 3 languages, that was ideal for us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alejandra Z
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying some positive words. Absolutely at the heart of the inner-city. Very friendly staff. Clean.

However, I can't say it was my best. Got a message that the elevator broke a week before my stay. Didn't know the reception was on the 7 floor! Rooms are on the 6th!! There were no "bell boy" or "door man" to recognize the place. So going up so many flights up with my luggage was a blow.
Then, the room. It was dark, you have to lock the door manually from inside. I got a suite!! Not so convenient. I don't know when the carpet was changed last!

Mattress was the most uncomfortable. I didn't have a proper night's sleep all 3 nights! I had to put the comforter on top of the mattress to make it tolerable.

Gave me one bath towel, no floor or hand towel. I got to ask for towels as the hotel book mentioned. A double occupancy room, you would expect at least 2 towels.

There is no trash bin, but only one in the bathroom. So any shopping bag, you'd have to throw it in the bathroom trash.

Bathroom had no toiletries, but soap. If you are not carrying any toiletries with you, then you will be trouble.

Room service is the worst! Of course they made bed and gave me cleaner towel on the 2nd day, but didn't clean rest of the rooms. Whatever was on the floor remained there all 3days I stayed!! The living room pillows we're never sorted after I sat on the sofa the first night!!!

The TV didn't work at all. And if you are English speaker, Channels are very few available.
At last, "Pension" means Bed & Breakfast. Not this one. Charges 14 euro, for very poor choices. That too you got to let them know the night before that you are to have breakfast next morning.
Overall, I had a terrible experience staying at this place. Was traveling alone and didn't feel like looking for a better option and changing hotels.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Samina M
markus_oesterreicher, Geschäftsführer at Pension Aviano, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We are sorry to read that you didn't like your stay at the Aviano.

We informed all guest before arrival and booking regarding the renewel of the elevator and that Aviano is located on the last two floors of the building. Many guests ask us more specific about it, if they are not certain.
We do have a bell boy between 10 am and 6 pm to help carry the luggage, which is also mentioned on the websites and in the booking confirmation.
We also aks the guests to ring the bell on our sign so that we can send him down to help with the luggage. Unfortunately a lot of people don't read there confirmations very carefully.
If would have been nice to talk to the Reception regarding the mattress so that they could offer you another room or change the mattress to a harder one. We do have different types of mattresses.
The charge for the breakfast buffett is 11/12 Euro per person - all you can eat and you are free to book it or not.
In general it would have been the best to complain directly to the Reception staff on duty or ask for the manager so that all your complains could have been solved during your stay.
Sonja Kavka

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I really loved staying here. This hotel is perfectly located, very central to everything you will want to see in Vienna. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Our room was surprisingly very large and well appointed. We had plenty of space and was nice to come back here and relax. Nice breakfast offered everyday. My only complaint was the hairdryer in the bathroom which seemed to short out every 90 seconds or so. There is a grocery store down the street if you need anything. Would definitely recommend and consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank erincS1553JG
markus_oesterreicher, Geschäftsführer at Pension Aviano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review. We are happy to receive such a positive response to our offer and services. We will gladly pass on the praise to our staff and look forward to welcome you again.

Greetings from Vienna
Sonja K.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

This is by far the craziest room we have ever stayed in. You will feel like you are stepping into a queen's guestroom. The furnishings are ridiculous and the entire place is clean. The location is perfect. You are one minute from the Opera House and, for us, ten minutes from the Vienna Casino.

Everything you would need for food and entertainment is within walking distance.

The staff is excellent and the breakfast is just right.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TammyTravelsTheWorld

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. It's great that you enjoyed your stay so much - it seams as if you had one our Suite's and really loved it.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again.
Sonja K.