“The Perfect Way To See Vienna”

Third Man Walk - In the Footsteps of a Film Classic
Book In Advance
More Info
US$22,59*
and up
Vienna Walking Tour: In the Footsteps of 'The...
Ranked #30 of 152 Tours in Vienna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 2 March 2018

It was a bitterly cold February day & as the only person on the tour I was lucky enough to have my own private guide. It was a pleasure to be shown round Vienna by Christopher - as a confirmed fan of The Third Man it was fascinating to see the locations of so many of the most memorable scenes in the movie. Christopher (whose English is perfect) was clearly very well informed on the making of the film and had some really interesting information to share that I had been totally unaware of until now.

As other reviewers have mentioned, however, this is more than "just" a Third Man location tour - it's also an excellent way to see some of Vienna's most interesting sights & Christopher was able to place the movie in the context of the City's social history as well as give some insight into modern Vienna too.

Despite the cold I'm very glad I went on the tour & I can strongly recommend it.

All reviews
"guide"
in 22 reviews
"context"

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We chose to do the walking tour rather than the third man museum in order to see some of Vienna. We hired the film just before travelling and I think it was worthwhile as some of the tour won't mean anything if you haven't seen the film.
The tour started at 4pm so was mostly in the dark but that added to the atmosphere and better reflected the film.
Our guide Christoph was friendly and informative - he has a lot of background about some of the tricks used in the filming and had a good collection of film stills so you can relate them to what you're looking at.
They even provide a demo of how the theme music was created.
Dress up warm if you go in December!

Reviewed 20 October 2017

If,like me,You are a Third Man fan,this two and a half hour walkiing tour of the film locations covers everything you would like to know and more.In addition,there is much about Vienna in the post-war period that is fascinating and little-known except by specialists.The guide was certainly that with an encyclopedic knowledge of the film and its time.You also get to see much of the inner stadt as a bonus.My only reservations are twofold:anyone can join the tour at its start so what was billed as English language turned out to be English and German;secondly,if you let on you are a Third Man fan you may be be tested mercilessly by the guide.I certainly failed!!Apart from that,well worth doing.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Did I imagine myself walking through the sewer in Vienna? Why no, no I did not! Did I enjoy the tour? Yes! Very much so! What a unique perspective of Vienna!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

2h30 of chasing Harry Lime in Vienna... and it was so much fun. Would like to see the movie again now that I know all the tricks. We did not see the sewers but that was not a pb. And we learnt a lot as well about Vienna just after the war and the bombing and during the occupation time by US, Soviets Brits and French. Very informative.