“Excellent food and service”

Gasthaus zur Stadt Paris
Ranked #836 of 4 641 Restaurants in Vienna
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Josefstadt
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was fresh, authentic and delicious. The waiter was friendly and made excellent recommendations. The restaurant was full of locals. I will go there again soon

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Good food, good beer, what is not to like. This place has character and a good ambience. The menu is simple and pretty traditional Austrian, the plates are large and so are the portions. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We visited here for a few drinks and an evening meal and were not disappointed. The food was of good quality as was the beer and both were reasonably priced. It's worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

This really is a hidden little gem in Vienna. It looks very unassuming and basic with its wooden tables and chairs, dated decor and tiny bar but what caught my eye was the number of tables that had been reserved so my wife and I took a chance in dining here are are so pleased that we did. My wife had a tagliatelle which she claimed was the best tagliatelle she has ever had in her entire life. I had the catch of the day a beautiful white fish whose meat just fell off the bone. We followed this by a Strudel. We accompanied the meal with the house wine which was very pleasant indeed. In the 4 nights we spent in Vienna this meal in this unassuming little restaurant/cafe/bar was perhaps the best meal we enjoyed, certainly it was the best as far as my wife was concerned and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this little gem to others.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

This unbecoming small bar restaurant is a Viennese secret. Outside it looks run down and disheveled. Inside it's no better. Needs a paint job. BUT and its a big BUT, it's FANTASTIC! You are welcomed by the efficient if slightly cautious staff with the words "have you a reservation?" Which looking round you think WHY? Until you find that the president of Austria, film stars, etc. dine here. The beer is excellent, the wines superb and the food is superb. It hasn't changed in 60 years. So if you like a proper schnitzel or kidneys or black pudding etc, then it's for you. If you want fillet steak and chips, Forget it!