Reviews (1 044)
1 044 results
All reviews quiet street recommend this hotel building site excellent location great hotel walking distance building work minute walk hot and cold food spanish riding school inner city good size breakfast room main attractions side street free wifi central location
3 - 8 of 1 044 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am extremely disappointed how my stay ended at Das Tigra. I originally thought it was a wonderful hotel. It's in a very central location and they have a wonderful breakfast. When I checked out, I completely forgot that I had clothes hanging in the closet. I realized it when I arrived at my next hotel and immediately called. They said that I could pick up the clothes anytime. When I arrived at the hotel, only 3 of my 6 shirts were in the bag. I was told that "that is all they found". I specifically packed the 3 shirts that were taken for work the following week and hadn't worn them yet. This is frustrating on so many levels - because I need to buy new shirts for work while I'm away, and that the woman at the hotel kept saying that there was nothing they could do, and didn't offer me any kind of compensation or remedy.

I already alerted my company's travel agent so that they will not book any more of our business travel at this hotel. Very disappointing. Bad business Das Tigra.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Freedom363635
SabrinaWien, Reception. at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback.

We deeply regret that some of the forgotten T-Shirts were missing, but we firmly refuse, that they had been stolen.

Please contact us directly, if possible by email or phone so that we can clarify this incident and contact our insurance.

Simultaneously we will try to reach you later today.

We are very sorry for this inconvenient matter.

Best regards,
your Tigra Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed in lots of great hotels since we take the time to research before reserving a room. While most hotels live up to their review reputations, this one exceeded my expectations. Clean, modern room with individual bed comforters. Double sinks in the bathroom and plenty of counter space. Breakfast staff either promptly seat you when you come in for breakfast or check in shortly after you seat yourself and then cheerily ask if you’d like a cappuccino or espresso. They cleared plates regularly and offered more coffee when your cup was empty. They even have soy milk if you want your cappuccino made that way (my preference). Nice to see a hotel that is staffed well enough to stay on top of so many people eating at once. We also overheard them going out of their way to write down options to make a better vegan breakfast for a couple for the next day. Impressive customer service! Beyond this, the hotel was fairly close to the center of town and tourist spaces without being right in the midst of the traffic and noise. Lots of shopping nearby, and there was an Aldi/Hofer right down the street for buying cheap snacks and drinks. This all made for a great visit. I will look here first for when we return to Vienna.

Stayed: October 2018
SabrinaWien, Front Office Manager at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your nice feedback after your stay in our hotel. We are delighted to read your positive reply (especially the part regarding the breakfast staff that we will gladly pass on to our colleagues) and hope to welcome you soon again.
Your Team from the Hotel Das Tigra

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

We had 5 night stay at Hotel Das Tigra.
The bed was so very comfortable and the shower was great with a rain shower to choose from as well!
All the staff are so lovely and friendly.
We had breakfast for the 5 mornings, great range of juices, bread, pastries, yoghurt AND the BEST freshest fruit salad with a great mix of variety.
The bar is lovely and cosy and a good range of drinks.
The building noise from across the road is nothing to worry about as it is very minimal. We are so pleased for the hotel themselves being rated on something they cannot control.
Just one bit of feedback...a selection of breakfast cereals would make everything perfect.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
SabrinaWien, Front Office Manager at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Dear Brenda,
thank you very much for your nice feedback after your stay in our hotel. We are delighted to read your positive reply and hope to welcome you soon again.
Your Team from the Hotel Das Tigra

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed at Das Tigra to allow us to go to concerts that our children were playing in during a music tour of Vienna.

The central location meant it was only 5mins walk to the main city venue, St Stephens Church (which was spectacular).

The hotel was nicely decorated and clean. The staff were all very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: We were in a Comfort Room... it was that
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
SabrinaWien, Front Office Manager at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Tim
Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to read you enjoyed your stay and
liked the hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you back .
Your Team from Hotel Das Tigra

Reviewed 21 September 2018

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Das Tigra for essentially 4 weeks (mid Aug--Mid Sept), when we combined a 2-week work conference with a 2-week vacation in Vienna. The hotel is located close enough -- a 5-min. walk to the Altstadt center, as well as a 5-min walk to two different U-Bahn stations - so access was excellent, yet it was just far enough away on a side street so that noise from big tourist-focused gatherings was no problem at all. The hotel was a 5-10 min walk from a v. large number of varied restaurants (Italian, Austrian, Asian, mid-Eastern, French, etc.) in any direction we walked from the hotel. We couldn't be more pleased. Our king-sized room accommodations were very comfortable. The daily breakfast provided as part of the room rate was of outstanding quality, quantity, and service. The Breakfast room staff were exceptionally courteous, friendly, and multi-lingual to boot! That was quite awesome to watch. In fact, the night before we flew home, one of the staff (Joy) even offered to make us a “lunch" that we could take with us on our very early morning next day flight out of Vienna when we would have missed breakfast. That was so appreciated given our 21 hrs of travel before we got home to the US that day!! The hotel’s front desk was staffed with extremely friendly, courteous and very helpful staff who always answered any questions we had, offered sage advice on activities, nearby restaurants, directions and clearly went the extra mile to make sure that we were quite satisfied. I can’t remember everyone’s name, but the tall gentleman with very short hair and glasses who was on duty most of the evenings of our stay was OUTSTANDING! Thank you! The hotel has recently installed a set of new big-screen TV-type complements near the desk so that staff could more easily help guests to visualize how to get to where they wanted to go. These were very effective for visualizing directions. The lobby had 2 computers and a printer available for guests, which was very convenient and helpful. They had two rooms (and a bar set up) available for enjoying a drink (alcohol or otherwise) - the space was adjacent to the lobby front desk - which offered a very pleasant, relaxing place to meet with other guests or friends when desired. If one wants to avail themselves of this service, they need only notify the front desk staff on duty who contacts the staff to come to prepare drinks, as needed. Our bartender for the bulk of the stay was also extremely pleasant and provided the highest level of service. We met a couple there who have come to Vienna at least yearly, for about 10+ yrs, and they told us they have always come back to Das Tigra Hotel. We will definitely do the same! Thank you Hotel Das Tigra

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank PeggyS262
SabrinaWien, Front Office Manager at Hotel Das Tigra, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Peggy,
Thank you very much for your magnificent review! After your friendly words, we can only thank you and say that it was a real pleasure for us too to have you in our house. You are the kind of guests that we never forget.
See you next year!