All reviews great location executive room shopping street pedestrian area nice hotel per night opera house the air conditioning an upgrade hotel breakfast tourist attractions nice breakfast yogurt walking distance on foot the heart of the city small room
Reviewed 21 September 2018

We stayed here when the weather was very hot, on arriving we were told the aircon wasn't working and would we like a discount or move to a different hotel. We had already arranged to meet someone there so just opted to stay and asked for a nice airy room. I was disappointed when we were given a really tiny room, with a half size bath in a really small bathroom. I requested a change and were given a room on the same floor which was much better, we even managed to get the aircon working well enough by closing the windows and turning it up. I think the receptionist could have given us this room in the first place as it was vacant, but that was our only complaint. The breakfast was good, with good choice and the location is really the winner with this hotel as it is in the centre of the city. Every where we went seemed close by and as our first visit to Vienna this made everything easier.

Stayed: August 2018
Assistant_Manager_01, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Europa Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Dear Deirdre,
thank you very much for sharing your impressions and experiances online from your stay at Hotel Europa. We had some Problems with the air conditioning in August. I politely apologize for your inconvenience and thank you very much for your efforts and your understanding. So I am very happy that you had in the end a comfortable stay with us and that we was able to convince you from the quality of Hotel Europa. I am looking Forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

A heat wave in Europe is not fun but some hotels do what they can. It was a very nice hotel with very pleasant staff; pleasant regardless of how many times we asked about something. Reception assisted us with car, parking, taxi and directions in a pleasant and professional manner. The bartenders/personnel were very very nice when we asked for ice and always had two bowls of ice ready to cool an overheated guest. With a smile!!
It was soooo hot but although they couldn’t do much more than a fan and ice they did it with a smile and I would go back in a flash. And the location is marvelous!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

The Trend Europa Hotel Vienna was booked for two nights in August by myself via a Hotel Booking website, and although most travellers do that it does have its risks!!

My search criteria was simple, A 4 star hotel, modern, centrally situated at a fair price. The photo looked good and the reviews were fine and the hotel was well located - BUT - however it can be considered four star is beyond me!!!
As soon as we entered the reception we realised it was wrong.
A very small area with seating for 3 people, an adjacent bar that looked dim and uninviting & scruffy.
The rooms were tiny and the air conditioning inefficient. Although some of the staff were helpful some were poor.
Overall the whole hotel looked very below standard. That said it was very well located but I suggest a three star rating would be more appropriate.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alan R
Assistant_Manager_01, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Europa Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear guest,

thank you very much for taking your time to send us a summary of your impressions from your stay Hotel Europa. I am terribly sorry that we was not able to meet your expactaions druing your stay.

Unfortunately the building itselve give us not more space to offer a bigger reception and welcoming area for our guests. We will maybe reorganicze in a future project.

I recommend for the next time to book an Executive Room. This room category offers more space and comfort - you get also exess to our Executive Lounge.

It would be great if you give us while your next visit in Vienna the Chance to convince you from the Quality of our Hotel.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

We have spent two night at the hotel and have pre booked before our arrival.

When we checked in, the receptionist performed all the usual activities (sign in paper, credit card deposit, etc) and gave us the key. Before heading to our rooms though, she informed us with a smile that the aircon is out of order in the hotel.
That week end temperatures we're about 35-37 Celsius in the city and 25-26 Celsius at night.
Our rooms had windows to the square in front of the hotel and with the windows open, temperature in the room was acceptable by around midnight. Unfortunately, the square is the place to go for younger groups who want to chat, laugh and drink at night so you get woken up by laughter and screaming.
Monday morning at 0700 the garbage trucks come and life begins in the city so forget a late sleep.
Overall we spent very little time in the room as during the day the heat was unbearable.
At the end, we received 20% discount but only after a strong push.
I am very disappointed as the hotel should have informed us upon booking so we can look for another option.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geri301

Dear Geri,

thank you very much for your kind feedback and your stay at Hotel Europa. First I politely apologize for your inconvenience by the breakdown of the air conditoning.

As the technical breakdown was not predictable we was not able to inform our guests in advance. I politely apologize if the treatmant of this extraordinary situation was not handled by our staff as professional as it would be expacted. We worked under preassure to fix the problem quickly. In the meantime our staff did their atmos best to make the stay for our guests as pleasant as possible.

Please rest assured that it is always our first Intention to enable our guests a comfortable stay at Hotel Europa and I thank you very much for your understanding.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

the AC is not working at the room, when we ask the stuff they tell us we don't know when we can fix it and u can contact tomorrow the manger.i did not understand how this happend in 4 stars hotel. the weather is too hot and we did not find any help from the staff. i did not recommend this Hotel any more

Room Tip: Please don't book this Hotel any more!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirollos M
Assistant_Manager_01, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Austria Trend Hotel Europa Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear Kirollos,

first I kindly like to thank you for taking your time to send us your feedback online.

I politely apoligze for your inconvenience caused by the breakdown of our air conditioning. Due to the ongoing heat wave in Vienna we had technical difficulties which we fixed now and our air conditonig is working again.

I am terribly sorry that you was not informed sufficiently during your stay. Please rest assured that it is always our first Intention to creat a wonderful stay for our guests at Hotel Europa and I deeply regret that we was not successfully in your case.

It would be great if you give us the chance during your next trip to Vienna to may convince you with our professionality and hospitality.