Reviews (2 292)
2 292 results
1 048
1 048
All reviews the club lounge ice rink ihg member city park lobby bar directly across the street metro station bit dated deluxe room an upgrade beautiful city breakfast buffet is cat train the air conditioning central location opera house stadtpark
83 - 88 of 2 292 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018

My Daughter and I stayed 4 night at this very busy Hotel and found that it was in a perfect location for seeing most of the City sights. The Hotel was very grand and had a lovely Piano Bar, although our room was basic it did have everything we needed. The spa facilities were good, shame there was no swimming pool.
Breakfast was very good with lots of choice from the buffet, excellent service from the staff. I would recommend staying here if you want to do the city sights, most are just walking distance.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Sandra_Hoesl, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Jasvir C,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.
It is very nice to read that you have chosen the InterContinental Vienna for your holidays and that you were happy with the decision.
Unfortunately due to the hotel's physical structure it is not possible to build a swimming pool. However a refurbishment is being planned at the moment and we will certainly take our guest's concerns into account.
Highlighting our rich breakfast buffet at the restaurant Parlor is very much appreciated and I will definitely forward your feedback.
We are very much looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent location in the heart of the historical district. Excellent breakfast buffet that serves it’s international clients. I wish the ac could be managed from the room where it gets warm in the middle of the night. Thermostat seems to only cool so much. Clean updated room.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sandra_Hoesl, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear boldgo,
Thank you very much for your valued feedback.
The location of our hotel is indeed very good as you can easily walk to most of the attractions within a few minutes.
I am happy that you were able to see the great variety of our breakfast buffet at the restaurant Parlor. Having breakfast with us is a very good start for the day.
I would like to apologise for the inconvenience regarding the air conditioning. I will definitely address your points with our maintenance department.
I truly hope that you will be able to visit beautiful Vienna soon again,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at many Intercontinental Hotels and this is my least favorite.
Pros- nice location and friendly staff. Lobby is lovely.
Cons- room is completely dated with mismatched furniture styles and peeling wallpaper. It looks like a different hotel than the lobby.
Housekeeping did not attend to our room despite the sign on the door to please attend.
Overall very disappointing for price.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear TazzyBot,
Thank you very much for your honest feedback-
Highlighting our excellent location as well as our well trained staff is very appreciacted and I will definitely forward your feedback to them.
I am sorry that the style of our hotel was not up to your expectations. In fact we are very proud of our old Lady, who celebrated 54 years last march.
Referring to your comment I am happy to inform you that a major refurbishment is being planned at the moment and will take place in 2020.
We are in fact all very curious about the changes. However until it starts we keep our hotel constantly maintained by deep cleaning and regular quality checks.
There are also small refurbishments going on during low season.
Thank you again and wishing you all the best,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

If compared with its Asian counterparts, this property in Vienna pales in terms of both room and toilet sizes. In-room furnitures looked worn and dull. Best feature in the room was the air-conditioning unit located right next to window. Great for drying laundries!

Excellent services made up for the hardware deficit though. Staffs are warm and friendly, and always ready to share insider information with guests. Excellent location as well, for its right in front of subway and park, and within 10 minutes walk to Stephen Church and shopping areas.

Room tip: Rooms facing the Park offers excellent view.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Sandra_Hoesl, Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear TayChuenSiang,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
Feedback from our valued guests is very important to us.
I am sorry to read that you were not fully satisfied with the seize of the room as well as with the furniture. Kindly note that it would have been our great pleasure to show you some different room categories which may have convinced our otherwise.
Highlighting our Team is very much appreciated as we are always striving to provide the best service to our guests.
I truly hope that you will be able to visiting beautiful Vienna soon again,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We arrived at the Hotel Intercontinental from driving 3.5 hours from a town in Austria. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from Stadpark. We proceeded to check in and the young lady who's name I cannot remember was in "Training."....usually not a good sign. We had booked a room for a certain amount of individuals. However, this did not reflect on the hotel side. The young lady wisely decided to get a more experienced staff member to help with the situation. A very nice gentleman with a million dollar smile by the name of Vincenzo Tarascio stepped in. I was extremely happy with the way he handled the situation, both professionally and personally. It is rare to find such individuals who truly care and understand the meaning of customer service. Vincenzo took very good care of us with a fantastic room and even offered us tea and coffee for our inconvenience. The room was fantastic, we had chocolates as a welcoming, and the view of Stadpark and the city was great. Beds were comfortable and overall very clean. The lobby is very well decorated with the motif that coincides with the beautiful city of Vienna. Vincenzo's business card says Assistant Manager, I hope that in a very short time this young man receives a promotion and salary raise for his performance which is beyond what words can express. Since the hotel is right across fro the statue of Johann Strauss, I give the Hotel Intercontinental 4.5 Violins out of 5 for an overall great experience. Thank you Vincenzo, my family and I will always remember you!!!

Room tip: Request top floor room with Stadpark view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sandra_Hoesl, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear silvertiger2

Thank You for your kind words. I will make sure Vincenzo gets the appreciation he deserves. He truly is one of our most charismatic employees.
I am also happy to hear that you had a great time and that your family will have Vienna in good memory.

Kind Regards,