All reviews superior studio murphy bed tram stop self catering vacuum cleaner small kitchen billa supermarket one bedroom apartment kitchen area room cleaning min walk danube canal coffee maker convenient location excellent location public transport top floor
Reviewed 8 June 2018

I was staying in Vienna for business and was fortunately upgraded to a superior studio with city view - I asked for this as a silver member before my stay. I was a little surprised they complimentary upgraded me as the hotel was full when I stayed.

The staff were fantastic - very friendly yet professional and were run off their feat with so many guests but they did everything with a smile. I find the Viennese people a little dour so it was a welcome change.

The room itself was a good size with very useful kitchenette. TV was small but I wasn't there to watch TV. AC was easy to use, queit and efficient.
I guess the only issue I had was the shower - the water drained incredibly slowly so I literally could only have a 3 or 4 minute shower unless flooding the bathroom. The water would also go from hot to cold without reason but had good pressure. The bed was very comfortable and I am a bit picky as I have back trouble so a decent night's sleep in a nice bed is always top the pops when in a bed away from home. Everything was perfectly clean, from furniture to sheets to towels.

Anyway, the hotel is a really good option and also great location...only 10 minute walk to train station - you can get the S7 train directly to airport for Eur4.10 and only takes about 25 minutes either way. There's also a metro station closeby.

If staying in this part of Vienna I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived for a few days vacation in vienna. Thr hotel was clean and very easy to get to via public transportation. We got upgraded and the service in general was great.
Please know that there is no houskeeping everyday during your stay. It didnt bother us. Ihsan (i think he is the manager) and the rest of the staff were very happy to assist if needed (they gave us info about main attractions of the city).
We would defiantly recomend!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights in May. We had a gift voucher which we got from a friend (cadeaubox) and the staff immediately recognized it so no hassle there.

We came in way too early because of an early flight so we were asked to wait since there were no rooms ready yet. Understandable since the check in time was at 15:00 local time. We were able to fill in the guest reservation paper though and could set our luggage in the luggage room so we could already explore the city. We were given a ton of tips, a map and were noted on a voucher stand to get some more information and discounts if we wanted.

When we rearrived at the hotel, we were given a choice of rooms: second or sixth floor. Ofcourse we chose the latter since it could have a great view. The room was right across the elevator. We worried that we could have noise complaints but that wasn't the case at all. Upon entering we were presented a decent sized but very useful kitchen. We only used the refrigerator to get some cool drinks though. The next door led us to our room which was really spacious. A really fine bed (only the edges were a bit uncomfortable when you sat on the side) but overall we had a very good night's rest in it. Pillows were very very good, not too soft, not too hard. A small desk with some information, mirror, closet, standing light and a TV completed the room. We had a really great view of the Danube and the (very busy and sometimes loud) intersection. The left side of the bed had a socket nearby to charge your phone, the right side didn't however.

The bathroom was very nice, quite a nice layout and clean. We loved the shower, it was big enough and had very decent water pressure.

The staff were all really nice and understanding, the breakfast (small buffet which had all the necessary things like bread, croissants, cheese, coffee and tea, orange and apple juice, some meat, fruit marmalade, eggs, cake etc.) was a great way to get the day started.

Overall we were really surprised by this hotel. It fulfilled everything we wanted, has a good location (right across a tram line, 3 minute walk from the nearest metro) and all in all we had a great feeling staying here. Would definitely come back here again when visiting Vienna!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tikei
Reviewed 29 May 2018

We were given an inward facing room with no view, very disappointed. Very poor space layout. The bed inside is cramped in a corner and a TV hanging at the end of bed, it means the one sleep inward should always mind his head when getting in & out of bed. The shower head is weak and the towel rack is full of dust. The shower booth is not totally blocked which means water getting out easily & the victim is the extra toilet roll hanging beside it which get completely wet ! Wifi is clumsy ! afterall, will find some place else next time (but really not sure if i will visit Vienna again because nothing interest there, most service providers are poker face and rude to customer)

Room tip: Ask for an odd number room as according to the fire plan layout, most inward facing room are even number.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MartinaRich, Manager at Adagio Vienna City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Dear GL6991!

We thank you for staying with us at the Adagio Vienna City Hotel and for your feedback.
Your complete feedback had been forwarded to the hotel director, in order to take care of your comments by
more technician checks in the rooms. The same thing with your comments about the cleanliness in the bathroom.

I am very sorry to read that you didn't had any pleasant experiences in Vienna at all, although it is such a beautiful and historical city and has so much to tell, as well, as its citizens :-)

Rgearding the feedback about the room view - Thsi information, that all of the Standard Studios (category you have booked) are faced to the backyard. Also this room category is the lowest, which means it has the smallest room sizes.

We are wishing you all the best, and hope you will visit next time a city, which is more to your likings.
Anyway, we would be glad if you would visit us also back again, someday.

Kind regards,

Leila Sarkinovic - Assistant Manager

Reviewed 8 May 2018

The hotel itself was ok and clean, however the reception was clearly understaffed, due to taking too long to check anyone in or serve them. On the first day, I mentioned about the window in our room being broken (it wasn't causing an issue) but they didn't seem too fussed, said they'll note it (their system was down) however, no one came to fix it in the 4 days we were there!

Date of stay: February 2018

Dear Merissa B.!

We certainly regret the situations you experienced at our accommodation, and would appreciate you accepting our most sincere apologies if these were a source of disappointment.
Usually we are taking any kind of complaint very serious and try to solve it immediately or at least on the same day. I am not sure what happened, I guess the information about the broken window was not forwarded or communicated very well within the team. But I will definitely discuss this with our staff, in order to avoid such unprofessional situations!

We hope to welcome you back and have the opportunity to recover your confdence in our product and services.
Wishing you all the best!

Leila Sarkinovic