“ID Card Issue”

Price range: US$7 - US$17
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Neighbourhood: Leopoldstadt
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Went to dinner here with my husband because of the enthusiastic tripadvisor reviews. Yes the gimmic of the rollercoasters is funny but really not that fantastic. Basicly seems like a poor excuses to have less servers.
When we came in we were handed the tablet as our menu, however they did ask us to give an ID card as a sort of deposit for the tablet. We weren't really happy about this but went with it. After ordering I went back with the tablet to exchange it again for the tablet because we didn't like the idea of them having the ID card, and we didnt need it anymore since we already ordered. The server told us that we couldnt exchange it, because our bill was 'on the tablet' and we just had to 'trust them' with the ID card. Not satisfied I went back with the tablet and we ate without much enjoyment after this.
I don't know about the rules in Austria, but in the Netherlands it isn't allowed to take an ID card as deposit.
About the food though; the fries got a little soggy in the pans, but if you ate them straight away they might have been good, we started with the burger. My burger wasn't very well build and everything fell out of (veggies, lettuce etc). Taste was allright. The food and drinks both came quite fast. A bit more on the expensive side.
My recommendation would be to find a different system. Build the tablets in to the table, or get alarm system within the tablets or something like that, but don't take peoples ID cards and make them feel uncomfortable.

1  Thank Conanymous
Write a ReviewReviews (1 472)

39 - 43 of 1 469 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Fun experience with dancing robot arms and music shows. Food was surprisingly good, I was expecting crappy food that you get at gimmicky restaurants. They do nickel and dime you for things like condiments, but overall would go again with people who haven't been before.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Definitely a fun option for eating out. Was worried the food wouldn't taste as good because of the decor as a catch, but everything tasted yummy! Pulled pork burger, fries and chocolate cake!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The concept is nice, specially when they show the “robot show with MJ music”. Food is served fast and it is not very tasteful. Do make sure you receive every item you ordered. You order via an IPad and the waiters never check on you. When I mentioned not everything was served, instead of an apology she rolled her eyes......

1  Thank Patty K
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

One of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to, out of all the countries I've visited. Having food brought to you by rollercoaster is such a unique experience. As for the food, it was alright. I didn't like the taste of the beef on my burger. My cheesecake was served hot, which is odd, but it wasn't horrible. Would definitely come back here!