All reviews boutique hotel great location small hotel old town hotel owner small street deluxe room made to order eggs the breakfast area top floor pedestrian area tourist information good size historic building quiet at night on foot stayed here for two nights
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our recent 3 night stay at the Am Dom. I loved being in the old town, ages as we didn't have a car, parking wasn't an issue (beware if you do that the parking isn't close). It also didn't bother us that we had to walk a few yards from where the taxi let us off. The staff were kind, but the first night we seemed for dinner recommendations and the young woman at the desk didn't have a clue as she wasn't from Salzburg apparently. The bathtub in the room was a surprise, but as it was IN the room (not bathroom), there wasn't enough privacy to use it (I'm traveling with my nephew on a graduation trip).
The breakfast is pretty typical for Europe: local breads, cheese & cold cuts, fruit, yogurt, granola...and they can make you scrambled or boiled eggs. They make you coffee or tea & have a few juices available too. If that's not enough for you or to your taste, there are cafes nearby (Cafe Thomaselli for example) with a bit more (omelettes, eggs & sausages).
The beds were comfortable, but due to the logistics, less than a foot apart. I loved having the small sitting area though.
There is an elevator, be warned it's small but you can get your bags up with it. We used the stairs mostly other than that.
We had no problem with our wifi as another recent guest clearly did.
All in all, a good experience & I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Pros: Location is great (except for 15 min walk to parking).

Cons: Management here is terrible and indifferent. Don't count on wifi working in your room! We politely spoke to the front desk many times over our 3-night stay about it not working. It was clear the woman didn't really care or simply didn't believe us. I told them the hotspot with the strongest signal didn't accept the password they gave us like the weaker ones did, but they made no effort to fix it despite saying she'd call the manager. After we checked out, we ran into the manager, who had the worst attitude about the situation, making no apologies, and giving no indication he ever planned to fix the issue.

Also, be aware they have no coffee or hot water maker in the rooms or the hallway. There's no shampoo or conditioner in the rooms (only a bottle that is your shampoo, conditioner, and body soap). There's no microwave in the hotel. Also, be aware there's a 15-minute walk to the parking. These last things are forgivable, but their bad attitude and not wanting to fix the wifi is not. And it's not that it's an old building where they can't get a signal to the room. I have a BA in computer science and trust me, they could fix it if they cared too.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

If there could be ten stars I’d give it as many as possible!! My mom and I discovered this hotel last year and specifically checked on its availability before returning to Salzburg! We absolutely love this hotel and the staff! The owner Josef is incredibly hospitable and shared so many great recommendations on things to do, see and eat in Salzburg! He has shared his love of Salzburg with us and we cannot wait to return next year! Sima is his right hand man who also befriended is and makes the best cappuccinos and made to order eggs!
I cannot say enough about the details of this hotel from the immaculate cleanliness, staff who greet you the minute you walk in or sit down for breakfast, the location, the amazing A/C, the huge bathroom drawers (in Europe counter space is hard to come by!) and on and on!!
The breakfast is phenomenal and includes fruit, yogurt, breads, cheeses, pastries and made to order eggs. Josef’s mother personally makes an Austrian delicacy called gugelhupf (a light breakfast cake) which is delicious!!
The location is perfectly centered on old town and easily walkable to the newer side but very close to many museums and sites on the old town side. We loved how easy it was to walk and return to the hotel during the day. There is a great little market of food and goods in a 3 minute walk from the hotel. If you stay here I would highly recommend eating at imlauer sky bar for dinner, 220 grad for lunch or an afternoon coffee and tiziana’s for gelato.
I truly love Salzburg but my stay at hotel Am dom was a huge part of that!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This hotel is ideal because it is right in the old city. If you look close , you can see it in the movie...Sound of music. It is only steps away from the boyhood home of Mozart.The staff at this hotel are terrific. The rooms have been recently redone. You would never believe this hotel is 700 years old. It truly is a hidden gem !

Room Tip: I like room 410 or 412, but I’ve never had a bad room here.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2018

The hotel is perfect,the location couldn't be better ,the room was spacious and extremely comfortable,the staff are helpful and friendly,the breakfast was exceptional,this really is everything you could want , I would recommend you choose this hotel you could not get better ,we really had a wonderful time in salzburg it is a beautiful city well worth a visit ,we will return again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple