Reviews (1 131)
1 131 results
All reviews old town corner room train station the hotel staff mirabell gardens minute walk restaurant recommendations nice hotel top floor good size short break front desk staff there is no air conditioning convenient location sound of music tour linzer gasse hotel is located
28 - 33 of 1 131 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel based on Trioadvisor reviews. After I got there, I went back and read some of the reviews that sold me on the place. They were right. They just left out a crucial detail as far as I was concerned: they failed to say that this hotel is not air conditioned! This might not matter to some; but I could only stay one night and then had to move! Leila, who is mentioned in another review, is one of the most delightful hotel staff I have ever met. But even she could not make up for new AC.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Teddi J
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We had returned to the Mozart Hotel again after a previous stay in 2012. A lovely stay once again. Reception hotel staff are a delight to deal with, always happy to assist you with restaurant recommendations etc. room clean, tidy and everything in perfect working order, bed comfy.Only had breakfast on one morning but more than adequate and ladies serving breakfast were so sweet. The hotel is a real gem, a family run hotel that is not as big and glamorous as others but a real little beauty in itself. The area the hotel is in is quiet but still just a short stroll to the city centre. We seem to have plenty of local restaurants nearby so we didn’t have to go far at night.

Room Tip: Rooms comfy
1  Thank 2016GJ
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This is a well-run, family hotel. Remember you are a 5 minute walk from the oldest part of Salzburg and you will realise that it is actually a pretty spacious place. The staff are very friendly, very knowledgeable and seem genuinely happy to chat with you be it in English or in German. The breakfast buffet was pretty good too. Again this is a family run hotel where small amounts are put out frequently to meet demand. If you want something specific, ask for it and it will be brought to your table. If you are going expecting the conspicuous consumption you get at an all inclusive resort, you will be disappointed. If you want good, local food in the comfort of your hotel, this is what you get. We ate both at the hotel and out in town. I actually preferred eating out - so much choice in Salzburg - but very much appreciated the huge advantage of being able to pop downstairs for a leisurely breakfast before going out for the day.

Several people have commented that there is no bar at the hotel. Indeed there is not. But it is a 3 minute walk from several bars, of differing price ranges, AND (more importantly) it is 3 mins away from "Die Weiße", one of Salzburg's finest breweries, repleat with tree-shaded Biergarten. Great beer and very happy, helpful staff.

The other big bonus is that there is a Spa supermarket approximately 300m from the hotel which sells everything you could need.

If you want a flashy, swanky hotel, then the Mozart is probably not for you. If you want a good value, comfortable and friendly hotel, then this is where you should stay.

2  Thank thompsonhlg
Reviewed 15 June 2018

I wanted to emphasize my main problem with this hotel in the title since I missed this "minor" point when booking the hotel through Trip Advisor on Priceline. This hotel has no air conditioning. That may be OK for some folks and certainly in the winter, but during a hot spell when it is 85F and humid, like it was last week...sorry, not for me!

I will certainly agree with other reviewers about how nice, friendly and accommodating Layla at the front desk was to us. She let us check out the room she had assigned us and, when we decided there was no way we could stay there, she did not charge us any cancellation fee and even gave us the WiFi code to help find another place.

My only other comment is, frankly, the photos here on TA are a bit misleading. They show nice, bright, large airy rooms. Given other reviews, I am sure they exist but they are not what we saw. We were shown a tiny dark room on the 1st floor. It was so small there was barely any room to even walk around the double bed. I guess that's what you get when buying through Priceline for a low price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PhillyPod
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

From the moment you check in, you'll begin a memorable experience. Old town is a short walk away. Take the FestungsBanh to the top of the fortress for a breathtaking view of Salzburg! After walking around for a 360 degree view, relax in the shade with a cool bier. Well worth the 15 Euros to ride up instead of walking up the path in 80+ hot sun.