“A must in Salzburg”

St. Peter's Abbey (Stift St. Peter)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$21,86*
and up
Salzburg Historical Walking Tour
Ranked #4 of 170 things to do in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: This medieval monastery has served as the home to monks for over 1,000 years.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Don't miss this church, especially if you are a church/cathedral fan. Great frescoes, marble carvings, and paintings!

All reviews
"beautiful church"
in 72 reviews
"oldest restaurant in europe"
"old church"
"mass"
in 16 reviews
"prayer"

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I knew from my research I wanted to visit St. Peter's cemetary, but this morning I chose to step into the church itself and I'm so glad I did. It was early so I had it all to myself...except for the organist who was rehearsing apparently. It was like having a private organ concert. I've experienced this before a few times on early morning visits to small churches. Such a peaceful start to a busy day. If you are a morning person, the cemetary opens at 6:30 I think and the church at 7:30 or 8:00 (I arrived about 8:30). I can recommend this for a little peace.

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Entrance is free, and photographs is allowed of the artwork. There are a lot of wonderful cathedrals on our tour, and this one was nice that it was right down town, and near the funicular to get the the Castle, and then close to the historical cemetery.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Definitely be sure to stop by here. It's a breathtaking church and free to enter. Take your time walking through as there is much to see.