“A must in Salzburg”

St. Peter's Abbey (Stift St. Peter)
Book In Advance
More Info
US$29,73*
and up
Private Tour: Salzburg City Highlights Tour
Ranked #3 of 203 things to do in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: This medieval monastery has served as the home to monks for over 1,000 years.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Don't miss this church, especially if you are a church/cathedral fan. Great frescoes, marble carvings, and paintings!

All reviews
"beautiful church"
in 66 reviews
"cemetery grounds"
in 5 reviews
"oldest restaurant in europe"
in 8 reviews
"pews"
"mass"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I knew from my research I wanted to visit St. Peter's cemetary, but this morning I chose to step into the church itself and I'm so glad I did. It was early so I had it all to myself...except for the organist who was rehearsing apparently. It was like having a private organ concert. I've experienced this before a few times on early morning visits to small churches. Such a peaceful start to a busy day. If you are a morning person, the cemetary opens at 6:30 I think and the church at 7:30 or 8:00 (I arrived about 8:30). I can recommend this for a little peace.

1  Thank Jenny W
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Entrance is free, and photographs is allowed of the artwork. There are a lot of wonderful cathedrals on our tour, and this one was nice that it was right down town, and near the funicular to get the the Castle, and then close to the historical cemetery.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Definitely be sure to stop by here. It's a breathtaking church and free to enter. Take your time walking through as there is much to see.