All reviews the river toilet and shower modern hotel old town comfortable beds omelette underground parking pricing policy nespresso machine on demand executive room double rooms are well stocked bar excellent stay short walk from the hotel fried eggs the ground floor
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed only 1 night, had single room, which was really a double. Bed was 2 singles stuck together, which I didn't appreciate. Mattress too hard, on the other hand pillow is too soft. Room temperature good, very comfy. TV, mini bar, kettle, hair dryer and all the basics were there, they will provide any toiletries on request. Bathroom was kind of embedded in the room with no real separate bathroom, so there's no privacy if staying in 2 people, only shaded glasses, no walls, but probably twin rooms have different bathroom solution. But I really liked the design, and I think it's nice if staying with the partner as you can "spy" through the glass. The room was cheap enough, but the bar at the ground floor was kind of expensive, even though to be honest, there was no other choice around as everything was closed. I didn't use the other facilities as I stayed only 1 night, pity, there's a fitness center, sauna, massages etc.. Anyway the best part was the breakfast, there's basically everything, I liked it very much. Overall recommended.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Love this hotel. Great location in the city. Great dinner which thankfully stays open until 22:00. Great local breakfast. Clean nice rooms. Very pleasant staff. I would love to return this hotel on vacation.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2018

- good location with parking in an underground garage
- nice hotel all in all
- rooms are average, we had a room on the 1dt floor which was a mixture between the conference room and guest room with a room divider to the next room, the bed folding bed fitted to the wall, unfortunately, the bed struts overlapping the bed and the linen and I hit my leg two times very bad. I think this construction is pretty tricky and dangerous.
- I told the thing with the bed struts to the receptionist upon our check out, but he just gave me the feeling from the beginning he doesn't care at all

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Villach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Hello Max H,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Kluat Villach and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because of some issues, particularly with the level of service received and the condition of the bed. This will be discussed with our reception for retraining in customer service, and with maintenance to do the needed fix.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many Thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Absolutely the best hotel in Villach. Great staff, very helpful and friendly. Car parking onsite very useful. Great stunning views over the river and town.
The breakfast was amazing. Fresh honey and a very good variety of choices.

Room tip: Book the rooms with a river view
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan G
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Receptionist only succeeded to get us working keys after several tries, which means we had to go up and down the floors. Rooms are with modern furniture and modern bathrooms. The lights on the dressing table did not work. Staff working in the bar was very much untrained and not as friendly as they should be. Overall, there is space for improvement.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Holiday Inn V, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Holiday Inn Villach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear CarlaColumna123,

thank you very much for taking the time to give us your personal Feedback.

We are very sorry for the circumstances in regards to the room keys, we had a system Update the last days - nevertheless
no reason why your keys are not working.

We do hope to welcome you anytime again at the Holiday Inn Villach.

With best regards,