“Lovely restaurant inside and out”

Polis Herb Garden & Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 43 Restaurants in Polis
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We dined here s few times including a special birthday with family when they very kindly provided a cake for us as a gift. The decor inside feels a bit more special than many of the local restaurants and there is a large outdoor area overlooking the herb garden lovelt when it is warm enough to sit out so lovely whatever the weather. We tried a few different meals but i found the sword fish the best i had, really soft and tasty and also loved the tzatziki there which is one if my favourites anytime.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Really intrigued to see this place but generally disappointed. Too many tables- and they were empty...Herb garden looked a bit bare in places, mind you we got up after finishing our starter and were called back as mains were ready so never got to see it all.
Food and service were both good- although very fast, but I really feel they are missing a trick- a vase of a single stem of basil didn't make this place any different or stand out against competition as I imagined it would. I was really expecting some imagination with the usage of herbs- and I would highly suggest fencing/trellising around the perimeter to really enhance the herb garden- it would make me go back! All in all a perfectly nice meal in a pleasant enough environment but could be so much better with a bit of care- remove some tables, and by a ll means charge a little more to enhance and really utilise the garden.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

This is an excelent reastaurant. The food is tasty and extremely well cooked with attention to little details. Personel is very polite and helpful. There was a minor detail however I didn't like. We had kids with us and they brought fried potatos last (very tasty and homemade potatoes though). I believe that was just a mistake because I have noticed that they took potatoes second in other tables.
I also liked the decoration and the herb garden at the back. Note that the building of the restaurant is an old house, reinovated of course with a very nice architecture.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food which is really well cooked, lovely setting in the herb garden and the staff get it just right- attentive without being intrusive. No wonder we came back again this year!

Chicken Souvlaki was fab and for veggies there is a good choice including a lovely tagliatelle pesto, and lots of Cypriot veg dishes. 2 courses with a bottle of decent wine costs around 50 euro.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Based on 2 occasions i visited at lunchtime in 2 weeks holiday, i can say the food and surroundings are excellent, but the service can be indifferent. On our first visit, the day of a wedding, though later that evening, the service was friendly and attentive. However a few days later, despite us being only one of 2 tables with people sat down, we waited to have our drinks refilled, but gave up, and asked for the bill instead. A shame because we would have stayed longer, and eaten, had the service been better