“Greasy and grubby and not very friendly.”

King Odysseus Pub Snack Bar
Ranked #311 of 604 Restaurants in Paphos
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This place is right in the middle of a residence cluster set up off the Tomb of the Kings Road. it emits greasy smells from the fryer and currently is plastered with Englad flags for the World Cup. Now I am English and I like football, but this kind of thing is down market to me. I hate places like this, in such a beautiful country which offers incredible choice in terms of local cuisine I fail to understand why anyone wants to sit penned in like sardines crowded round grubby tables watching football in a cloud of cigarette smoke when they are on holiday. This place is just not at all classy in any way whatsoever, and as strangers on the complex ( who were using a residents house who happens to be a friend of mine) we couldnt have been made to feel more unwelcome. Patrons turned their back on us, wouldnt make room for us to sit at a table, when there wasnt one free, but plenty of tables for 4 or 6 with just 2 or 3 sat at them, and one couple even blocked us from the bar by standing in our way. The barman was so unattentive he may as well have not been there, well he certainly didnt notice us. A pretty hostile place which really lets the us English down and shows off the English like extras on Shameless. It and its patrons would fit in well in Benidorm! Definitely a lot of room for improvement. Such a shame, this has the potential to be a gold mine like the taverna up the road, because it has a built in client base from the residential complex.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Visited quite a few times for sundowners, young girl looked after us exceedingly well. Family very friendly. Only had one breakfast there but it was tasty, a bit different as you got chips with it. Prices were excellent, recommend the house white and Rosé.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

It has taken a couple of years to review this place.
We were staying at the Hilltop Gardens Hotel just down the road in July 2016.
We found this place on a walkabout. Good food and good beer....ehats not to like. We liked the place that much we visited for food twice and drinks 3 times and was always greeted with a Smile from Anna.
A real hidden gem and you can also use the pool if you are using the bar facilities.
When we return to Paphos will definitely re-visit the King Odysseus.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

After going here last year three times, I wonder what has happened!!
Anna's smiley face is missing for a start.
Completely different menu, with not so much choice.
No Keo beer!!
No St. Pantelimon!!
Went here only once and the mousaka I had was tasteless.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to this place during my stay in Paphos. The staff/owners are so friendly and accommodating. Not the busiest of places and not a big menu but the food is fresh, hot and tasty. There is also a swimming pool to use. Well worth a visit.