“Unacceptable safety consideration from divemaster”
Review of Cydive

Cydive
More attraction details
Owner description: Cydive is the largest and longest running Dive Shop in Paphos, Cyprus. We are the First 5 * CDC and a National Geographic Teaching Centre. Cydive was founded in 1978 and is currently under the management of Mr Photos Socratous and his lovely wife Julie, who have now owned the dive centre for 13 years.Our scuba diving centre in Paphos, offers a wide variety of dives, lessons and packages including scuba diving for children using only fully qualified PADI instructors. Our customers can relax and enjoy their experience above and below the surface with the latest equipment. We visit over fifty dive sites throughout the year and at any one time we have twenty four unique sites in our fortnightly timetable. Our timetable features all year round, a dive at the Zenobia wreck - one of the top ten wreck dives worldwide. We also cater for those of you who wish to further your diving career with four IDC courses a year.Cydive has grown in size over the last 33 years, it is proud to maintain its reputation as professional, friendly and helpful. We cater for experienced and novice divers, the complete beginner, singles or groups and we welcome non-divers on all our dive trips (space permitting).
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I participated in 2 dives with Cydive at the Zenobia Wreck. Whilst I enjoyed the day, I was very upset by the behaviour of our dive master on the second dive.

We descended to 30m, entered the wreck, and then I and my buddy were deserted by the dive master who went to explore another part of the wreck leaving us inside the wreck to await his return. I started to feel anxious, not unexpected with the risk of nitrogen narcosis at this depth. When he rejoined us, he was unwilling to return to the surface, even though I had clearly signaled my wish to resurface. Fortunately my very experienced dive buddy escorted me, so we returned safely.

I consider the divemaster's actions to be unprofessional and contrary to the normal expectations of a PADI led dive.

Further to this, on the drive back to the dive centre, we were concerned with the divemaster's driving, especially attempts to show us photos and videos on his phone whilst driving the car on the motorway.

All reviews
"dive experience"
"fish life"
"zenobia wreck"
in 9 reviews
"just returned from a week"
in 4 reviews
"basic training"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was so excited when I signed up for my open water diver certification course here in summer 2016. Unfortunately, I developed a severe case of pneumonia to the point of a week of hospitalization and had to cancel my check-out dives. After being told I could get a refund for the check-out dives, I followed up with multiple phone calls and emails over the next several months, but they never refunded me. This is probably a great place to go if you don't have to cancel your dives like I did, but if you have to cancel, don't expect to get your money back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great crew, good gear, really friendly, well informed and helpful dive master. Just did a refresher but fell in love with scuba all over again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having been to pafos as a teenager many years ago cydive has been going for a very long time and has a lot of nice easy diving within a short distance of the centre.
I brought my team here from North Herts bsac for their annual outing as it makes for a good place to be culture vulture for the non diving other halves whilst we go and do our thing.

The staff are incredibly professional and helpful and are in tune with bsac practices given one of their number is a former army instructor of it (Mick).
The piece de la resistance is of course the big z wreck. The Zenobia. Whilst it is a bus trip to do it from pafos it's worth it to avoid being in the noisier resorts like protaras or ayia Napa.

As a visiting instructor as well it's great fun to hire a car and some tanks and go off and do your own thing. This few other dive centres will let you do.

So thankyou cydive. Twas a brilliant time!

Paul Beckett BSAC owi 6619