“Cydive”
Review of Cydive

Cydive
More attraction details
Owner description: Cydive is the largest and longest running Dive Shop in Paphos, Cyprus. We are the First 5 * CDC and a National Geographic Teaching Centre. Cydive was founded in 1978 and is currently under the management of Mr Photos Socratous and his lovely wife Julie, who have now owned the dive centre for 13 years.Our scuba diving centre in Paphos, offers a wide variety of dives, lessons and packages including scuba diving for children using only fully qualified PADI instructors. Our customers can relax and enjoy their experience above and below the surface with the latest equipment. We visit over fifty dive sites throughout the year and at any one time we have twenty four unique sites in our fortnightly timetable. Our timetable features all year round, a dive at the Zenobia wreck - one of the top ten wreck dives worldwide. We also cater for those of you who wish to further your diving career with four IDC courses a year.Cydive has grown in size over the last 33 years, it is proud to maintain its reputation as professional, friendly and helpful. We cater for experienced and novice divers, the complete beginner, singles or groups and we welcome non-divers on all our dive trips (space permitting).
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great crew, good gear, really friendly, well informed and helpful dive master. Just did a refresher but fell in love with scuba all over again.

Date of experience: April 2018
"professional company"
"hotel pool"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Having been to pafos as a teenager many years ago cydive has been going for a very long time and has a lot of nice easy diving within a short distance of the centre.
I brought my team here from North Herts bsac for their annual outing as it makes for a good place to be culture vulture for the non diving other halves whilst we go and do our thing.

The staff are incredibly professional and helpful and are in tune with bsac practices given one of their number is a former army instructor of it (Mick).
The piece de la resistance is of course the big z wreck. The Zenobia. Whilst it is a bus trip to do it from pafos it's worth it to avoid being in the noisier resorts like protaras or ayia Napa.

As a visiting instructor as well it's great fun to hire a car and some tanks and go off and do your own thing. This few other dive centres will let you do.

So thankyou cydive. Twas a brilliant time!

Paul Beckett BSAC owi 6619
Training officer
North Herts divers

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Breeze was wonferful she helped us and teached us patiently and was so nice it was grate to have her as our instructor !

Reviewed 7 March 2018

A big thank you to staff of Cydive who were very thorough,professional and very friendly. I booked an open water course which I had been meaning to do for a couple of years after doing the training and experience dive in Crete. I was picked up from my hotel On Monday morning and met my instructor Breeze a lovely young lady who introduced me to videos and exams going over questions I had got wrong, then in afternoon I had to do pool tests of fourteen lengths of the pool and ten minutes treading water but only managed ten feeling out of breath due to coldness of water and out of shape. I was all for calling it a day to come back again hopefully fitter but Breeze was very confident and encouraging with me which really boosted me, she said would I like to do final video and exam and come back on the Wednesday and try again this time in a wet suit and weights which I did and passed all exams, fourteen lengths and treading water for ten minutes. Next was the start of pool training with BCD and tank, practicing clearing of mask and taking out and replacing regulator which was fine after several attempts but was getting a bit breathless which Breeze was very understanding and decided that I would come back in the summer to finish my course. A massive thank you to Breeze for making me feel at ease, believing in me, giving me confidence. I would thoroughly recommend anyone that wants to experience first time diving or a course to come to CYdive Paphos.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Great diving centre! I went diving in Cyprus for the first time and it was amazing. It was off season (beginning of February) so the water was a bit chilly but we were given good wetsuits and after the initial cold water shock (in a wimp) the water was lovely! Crystal clear and Beautiful. I went on an afternoon shore dive with 4 other people and and instructor and master diver. The dive ended up being two of us (2divers withdrew of no fault of cydive who were very well organised and responded well )
The two of us and the 2 leaders took us in a lovely 40min dive through caves and cavens, grassy sea beds and lots of nooks and crannies. It was incredible. I’m an open water advanced diver who has dived in the Maldives and many other tropical places. This dive was not full of tropical fish but is great if you want to get involved in manovering and beautiful seaweeds and rock features. Cydive were great the whole time ! The briefing was great and gave us a good understanding of the layout, what to expect and what to look out for. They made sure we could set up our equipment and buddy check, and making sure we were fine through the whole dive.
I very much enjoyed my dive with them and will be back to use them again in the future.

(They also have changing rooms and lockers and hot water showers!!) very well equipped site!