“Run down, mostly derelict and filthy and smelly”
Review of Bar Street

Bar Street
Ranked #127 of 131 things to do in Paphos
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The last time I was in Paphos was in 2009 and I came to Bar Street with my friends. It was heaving, alive, electric and varied. It was so vibrant and a lot of fun.

I was really sad to see what it looks like now; it is like the forgotten end of Paphos. A lot of investment has been made in the port / harbour area since I was last here and maybe that is why this area has died. Think your worst media image of the Magaluf strip but without people in it. Definitely not worth a visit.

2  Thank jojomurray

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

It's better during the summer months, when there's more tourists. There's only a couple of bars that aren't half bad like Flair's and Boggies, plus a couple of clubs as well. It may not be the best place in town but if you wanna have a good time, have some drinks and meet foreign people at night then this is the best place to be.

6  Thank 92Carlos92
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

This place is the dirtiest, grottiest place I have ever had the misfortune to visit. We decided to go here for a few drinks on New Years Eve after seeing the new year in at Muse Bar (much much nicer!) I went to the Ladies Room in Bubbles Bar where there were 3 girls and a man in the toilet. When I went in one of the girls grabbed the top of my strapless dress and pulled it down, exposing my breasts. Her friend apologised to me but when I scurried into the toilet they were laughing. When I came out the same girl then slapped my bum really hard and continued to laugh. I felt completely violated and intimidated. I went to tell a staff member of Bubbles Bar and asked to speak to a manager. He seemed very concerned at first but then when he saw the girl who did this to me his attitude changed completely as they appeared to know each other very well. He then basically turned to me and said “oh she is very drunk” He did not have her escorted out like I thought he would and he definitely should’ve! THIS IS NOT OK!! Do not go here because you will not be respected by the regulars or protected by the staff/management. What a dreadful place and plus it is an absolute dump!!

10  Thank MissK80
Reviewed 21 December 2017

You can imagine that this place was probably buzzing in high season a few years ago. We were there out of season, so didn't expect too much to be open. But many of the places weren't just closed, they were derelict and a real eyesore. Why on earth don't the local authorities do something to regenerate the area?

4  Thank soul_man_dave