“Bland food and slow service! ”
Review of Mare Mare

Mare Mare
Ranked #103 of 598 Restaurants in Paphos
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our concept is simple. To give all our love and attention in preparing and serving you our fine food in a cafe that is especially designed to combine lifestile, comfort, simplicity and imagination.Our fine food menu has been carefully selected in line to the modern European cafe concept. It includes new and intiguing tastes, flavors and ideas.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited here on a whim but wish we hadn’t!

I had the chicken stuffed with feta and spinach. Firstly there was hardly any feta in it and the whole thing was really dry and bland. I only ate half of it and the waitress didn’t ask why.
We had to wait ages for our plates to be cleared and to get the bill. In the end we went to pay at the bar as it was taking so long. The waitress was friendly but we kept hearing her complain about how she was so busy on her own and couldn’t cope etc.... Not very professional.
£42 euros for 1 starter, 1 wine and 2 mains seems expensive compared to other local restaurants
... we definitely won’t be returning

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place should be packed out evernight. It has the most fantastic views over Paphos harbour and is the best place to watch the sun go down. Unfortunately if you want a drink forget it. My wife and I popped in for a drink before dinner and ordered a pint of beer and a glass of wine and we were still waiting for it 30 minutes later when we decided enough was enough. There was three other tables of couples having a drink and a family of four having a meal so not exactly overcrowded. Such a shame

1  Thank raymondmcd
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great views over the harbour to watch the sunset with a lovely cocktail or three
Service is quiet slow, but worth the wait

1  Thank jlcOxford
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first night here was for drinks only, the restaurant was very busy and one of my cocktails I ordered didn't seem quite right, when mentioned it was replaced immediately free of charge and the original charge was taken off my bill, it in no way spoilt my evening.
We returned the two following nights also as loved the relaxed atmosphere, had a beautiful 3 course meal on the second night which was to be honest the best meal we had whilst spending a week in Paphos. The cocktails were amazing and the staff were attentive and a pleasure.
On the 3rd visit we took friends along with us and we all had a fantastic night, drinking cocktails in a wonderful setting.
We loved the staff as they all were charming, Erin especially was fun but professional and couldn't be more helpful.
We will definitely be returning to Mare Mare when return to Paphos next year.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Myself and my wife were accompanied by our daughter and mother, by coincidence a friend of mine who I hadn’t seen for ten years was over in Paphos. I made contact and we agreed to meet him and his wife. He originally suggested a Resturant that only had bad reviews in
Trip advisor. He then went for lunch and spotted Mare Mare which looked nice and had fair reviews. Well
We had drinks around 7.40 ish and then sat for dinner around 8.30 where the awful service started and poor quality food. The waitress didn’t seem to have any idea what she was doing and we waited a long time for starters and two starters were missing, one of the missing starters finally turned up about 15 minutes later but still missing another, I myself ordered a carbonara for
Main and received something completely different, they did change it by the time this meal was replaced I had lost my appetite. Two of the other meals were left as they were very poor. The head waitress or manager stated that the waitress was new and she perhaps needed more training. On such an important evening and €240 later we had a bad experience and was only offered a 10 % discount... disgraceful service and good and ruined an evening which should have been enjoyable.... stay clear as not worth the money and a horrible experience.....

1  Thank Dene H