“It is a very good night”
Review of Fat Mama's

Fat Mama's
Ranked #79 of 651 Restaurants in Paphos
Price range: R 97 - R 485
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fat Mamas has been established for over 25 years and is owned and run by the same family. We are a family friendly restaurant and welcome family's, couples, singles and groups from all over the world.
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I've been coming here for 7 years. The food is actually decent. Don't expect Michelin 5 star but as American/Italian goes it's not bad. The smaller portions are actually very generous.

For me this place isn't about the food, it's the entertainment. My kids love it, I enjoy it too. We were lucky enough on Thursday to see Stavros Flatley. This really did make the night, he was brilliant.

The portions are massive, we had a garlic bread to share which came with about 6 large pieces. I had the prawn cocktail which was nice. My wife had carbonara and shared it with our 6 year old (even the small portion is very big and excellent value too) I went for the mama sized ribs.

My advice is go for the small portions and you will feel like you've had good value. I find if we have the mama portions, we don't eat it all and it really inflates the bill leaving a feeling of the place being expensive.

My only complaints are that the queue is manufactured, if you go early the queue is quite big vs number of empty tables. I'd like to be seated quickly when I get there. Also, having been coming here for 7 years some of the staff being the same l, we've never been recognised as returning customers and are always asked have you been here before. I appreciate its busy and lots of faces to remember but that would be a nice touch for us.

Overall this is a great night out with good food and fantastic entertainment. Will visit again a couple of times next year.

Date of visit: August 2017
Fat-Mamas-Paphos, Owner at Fat Mama's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Thank you for your positive review - we appreciate you taking the time to share.

The Queue - it's not manufactured it's just at 7pm everyone arrives - we like to seat them properly- show them to a table, present menus and take a drink order, if they are ready. if everyone sat themselves straight down then then it's very difficult to regulate this and then the kitchen would be burdened by a massive rush so the Rhythm of the door is very important.... it's not to keep people waiting it's to keep everything flowing. If you were to come at 6.30pm or after 9pm then there is no queue. Of course the "queues" are only a summer thing too!

We always ask "have you been before" as there are some people that forget the double menus or haven't been on holiday for say 6 years and prefer reminding of the mixed menus- I'm really sorry if you feel unrecognised- it is only the doorman that asks this.

Please let us know via Facebook when you plan your next visit so we may be able to sort you a table out prior

Reviews (2 961)

905 - 909 of 2 961 reviews

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I have spent a fortnight in Paphos recently.

I like total a range of restaurants wherever I go. With that objective I ent with family to Fat Mama's.

The dancing girls were not excellent. Only half a song per routine. Only one could sing, another "murdered" happy birthday repeatedly.

The range of food was excellent. However, I found the size of servings to be ridiculous.

I selected the 9 inch meat pizza. It was excellent. In all fairness it was the best pizza I have had for a while, regardless of the country I was in at the time.

My family had other items from the menu. They do a barbecue sauce. It is not good !

My partner tried the pasta a few days later. She had a Bolognese sauce on spaghetti. The pasta was swimming in water. It was as if they did not bother to drain the pasta.

Need I say more ?

That said I heard several people saying that quantity was excellent so they were happy.

I won't be returning.

1  Thank Steve N
Fat-Mamas-Paphos, General Manager at Fat Mama's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

So you found the range of food offered excellent and the pizza the best you've had .... but you put in your title "food questionable"???

We make all our own sauces from proper ingredients in our own kitchens - so it would be different to say uk chain restaurants sauces that come in ready made tubs mainly laden with preservatives and chemicals - ours has real tomatoes and real ingredients.

Our dancers - you only saw bday and celebration dances. You obviously did not stay for the cabaret. We are extremely proud of our hardworking young ladies are all trained in top London stage schools.

Thank you for taking the time to comment and at least you enjoyed your pizza!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Wonderful food. Great service offered by Megan ..... full of smiles, chat & helpful with Menu.
A must if you visit the area. 👍

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Lovely amazing food reasonable price . After 6 o'clock always a que which is a good sign . Me and my husband went for it opening at 5 no que . Staff very friendly also very clean place .only downfall is we left it till very end of hols and couldn't try again thanks to all the staff

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Just came back from 2 weeks in Paphos and we visited Fat Mama's on a couple of occasions. We couldn't make a reservation but had no issue being seated, and never had to wait. Food was lovely and as everyone has mentioned... big portions! Really lovely staff, very attentitive and friendly. Didn't have to wait too long for food either, despite how busy it was. We still couldn't resist trying a desert on our 2nd visit though, safe to say we were in a food coma for the rest of the night!

The only downside was the entertainment, I'm not the biggest fan of cabaret and it did cheapen the place in my opinion. On our first visit we were asked if it was anyone's birthday, it wasn't but we still had happy birthday sang to one of my friends and a free cocktail. Which although was funny, it did get a bit repepatitive after hearing it sang to 3 other tables, as well as a wedding anniversary!

Would have loved to have been there when Stavros Flatley were performing though.

I would still highly recommend, makes a nice change from the more 'traditional' restaurants on the harbour.