All reviews business trip old town ten minute walk free underground parking necessary amenities close to shops poolside restaurant business area worked fine stayed here for one night perfect location small balcony quality hotel gym facilities city centre small hotel nice pool
Reviewed 9 July 2018

We stayed primarily in Limassol on this trip to Cyprus but certain activities pushed us to break up our trip and spend two nights in Nicosia. We were traveling with two teenagers and the Cleopatra Hotel was able to find us a little two-bedroom apartment on their grounds which was perfect for us. The staff, were friendly, helpful and professional from the people at the front desk, the cleaners and the fellow tending bar. The bar are is nice. The pool area is terrific. We had a great dinner poolside one night. We also enjoyed the ample breakfasts in a nice setting. All in all, a great find in Nicosia. Good wifi too for those who visit for business.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We have stayed at Cleopatra several times during the past few years. The service and the rooms have been improving. The reception is very welcoming and helpful. The gentleman in charge of the bar is very nice and attentive and the cleaning staff are professionals too.
Things to improve:
Breakfast: the table sets are rarely cleaned. On the first day, I had to ask one of the restaurant staff to remove the brown table sets (which were full of bread and stains) and also remove and change the white table cloth which was also full of stains. He was pretty rude and changed the table set with a smirk.
On the second day, it was the same. This time we informed the restaurant manager and only after he told the staff, they really started cleaning the tables!
As for breakfast itself, this time it was not like before. It seems that for example they don’t wash the cheese plates from one day to the other. You see finger prints all over the dishes.
Swimming pool:
The pool opens at 10 and exactly at the same time, the hotel staff starts reorganizing all the tables and chairs ... tons of clashes between chairs and tables every single day. On one occasion one more senior staff started shouting at a junior one! These tasks can perhaps be done the night before or earlier in the morning.
Also the pool seems to be open to public. There is no shower, so people just walk in and enter the pool. It seems to be a popular place for children and their parties, but there is absolutely no code of conduct. Children are left to their own devices while their parents fill the pool area with smoke - literally. There is no such thing as conversation. To communicate with their children, parents shout from one side of the pool to the other.
So if you expect some relaxing time or a proper swim, you will be disappointed. It will be noise and smoke and noise and smoke!
Despite this, we hope to return to Cleopatra to have an improved experience.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2018

nice hotel. a little bit dated but in the centre of Nicosia - big room, comfurtable bad, nice continental breakfast. good value for the money. didn't try all the restaurants and bars around him but there was a large variety of it.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018

It's about a fifteen minute walk to the old town area, a ten minute walk to things like the Cyprus Museum, a seven minute walk to the Leventis Gallery, and generally pretty convenient. It's not super fancy, but it's clean, comfortable, and a decent place to stay.

Room Tip: Many rooms seem to have a small balcony, which is nice
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2018

I stayed in Cleopatra Hotel for ten days in February. It is supposed to be a 4-star Hotel. I understand that there are some facilities available to justify the 4-star, but overall I would say that this is at best an average 3-star Hotel.

In particular, some positive comments are:
1) cleanliness: As far as I remember, the room was cleaned every day,
2) location: It is situated near the old town of Nicosia and other than that in a very central and convenient location.

Some negative points are:
1) The most important was the quality of breakfast, which was mediocre at best. There are indeed some choices to select from, but they are not of top quality. For example, the Hotel offers the typical small packed marmalades. Instead they could have offered home made (or similar) marmalades in jars. The same is true for the butter, honey, etc. They offer the same eggs and roasted bacon every day (the same bad quality of bacon every day). They could offer some fresh products or typical of Cyprus, like pies, to transform their breakfast in a traditional flavour experience. This breakfast is just the typical breakfast offered in the Hotels throughout Europe twenty years ago, and fortunately is not served anymore. The only positive thing was the fresh fruits.
2) There were tea and coffee facilities in the room, but the tea-bags were not replaced every day.
3) The rooms are not soundproof, and if your room is situated from the side of the road, you may encounter great problems with the noise.
4) The Hotel gives an overall impression that it needs renovation.
5) I have also a personal complaint. I did encounter a problem with the payment via my credit cards and it did seem that I had paid twice my bill (which was indeed true). I did ask for assistant from the Hotel reception. Although they did offer the assistance required after all, I had to send some mail reminders and to wait three or four days until they did send me the specific info I needed. I believe that this kind of service is unacceptable for a 4-star Hotel, especially when considering such a small, but important matter.

Overall, I would say that for the rate of this Hotel (approximately 100 euros per night), you do not get what you pay for. Personally, I wouldn't revisit.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business