“Nice beach bar”

Lush Beach Bar Resto
Ranked #50 of 383 Restaurants in Larnaca
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: If there's one beach bar restaurant synonymous with exclusivity, it's Lush Beach Bar-Resto. With the gentle beats of music, the excellent decoration style and service and the finest food quality, it's here to provide you the absolute nightlife experience that can't be replaced! The day begins with cool rhythms and coffee, goes on with amazing dishes and ends with spirits, cocktails and dancing in front of the beautiful Makenzy beach. The creative cuisine with Mediterranean elements makes your each individual meal an absolute pleasure to the senses. Lush's music moves from ambient to mainstream hits, maintaining a unique sound, which creates a vibe of familiarity. Well known for its live events, Lush hosts DJs, musicians, groups and singers from Greece and Europe.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice beach bar! Cozy with excellent music. Visited during the day for lunch. Food was delicious. In the evenings offers nice music

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food was marvelous but the service was a huge disappointment.

It is such a shame to accompany such a high standard dishes with below average service. At this point let me clarify that our waiter was running like crazy through the whole night trying to cope with the needs of the tables he was in charge. The problem was not him being unwilling to serve, the problem was that our station needed more staff! I hope that a venue with such an impact is not so stingy to invest on service.

The problem started from the very beginning of our night. Salads came without bread, when I asked for it the bread only reached our table after we finished salads, 15 minutes after my request.
After salads we wished for sushi, the waiter almost denied changing our plates and cutleries because "He is in charge of seven tables and he has no time". Expecting to eat our sushi in balsamic dressing, sorry but we are not so alternative. That was shocking, first for your colleague to give such an answer to a customer and then that this was actually true ! I don't think that I should be worried about your management/shifts issues, even if you have issues a customers shouldn't noticed. Demetris finally managed to change our plates and cutleries for sushi. In addition, a guest came late, none of your colleagues noticed, I asked for the an extra starters plate, it only came after salads were removed. I felt so ashamed for my guest, everyone was eating and he could only admire for a distance.
What happened next, was that the food runners came with the main dishes without first cleaning our starter dishes, at that point my standards have lowered enough to expect you not to change cutleries. So 15pax were forced to hold their starter plates on their hand so that the waiter could place the main dish, and wait of course for me to ask again for collecting starter plates because it was not yet obvious enough. Isn't this common sense? No main courses reach the table before cleaning the starters?

As you would expect, no drinks refilling at all, rare to find a waiter for orders. 15 pax 4 bottles of wine doesn't sound very few for you? It is because we couldn't order more.

I have dinned with you before and that was not the picture I created. However, my recent visit had very very low service standards it felt like this venue was running on autopilot, of course finding the supervisor was impossible. I presume it was the guy standing the whole night by the sushi station and having his back to the whole restaurant. No one came to ask how everything was going.

Pericles C, Public Relations Manager at Lush Beach Bar Resto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mrs Stavrou,

I would like to start by thanking you for your time to give us your feedback and for your kind words regarding our food.
With regards to the service we apologize that it was not up to the expected level. I would like though to clarify certain details on the way the order was placed that contributed to the end result.

Because the order was placed in stages and not all together, this resulted to certain delays both in the kitchen and serving. Demetres adapted very well to this situation and was more than whiling to change the plates three times ( one for salads, for sushi, for main course). I am sure that this level of service is not something that we come across very often. The late arrival of the bread on the table was indeed a mistake but the 15minutes mentioned in the email is an exaggeration.
Regarding the main dishes arriving before the starter plates have been cleared. We agree that this is common sense and that it is a rule that should be followed every time. Like all occupations and like all people there is always a moment were mistakes happen, especially on a busy night like in this case. Communication between runners and waiters sometimes, because of the work load, might not be crystal clear. As you said, you have dinned with us many times and you have been very satisfied. I am sure that one bad incident is not enough to erase all the other good times.

Concerning the number of tables that each waiter is responsible for. Each waiter is responsible from 6-8 tables depending on the size of the tables and the waiters experience. Our venue is definitely not understaffed for this period of the season. The delays caused in the ordering process might have given the wrong impression.
With regards to drinks refilling. From the email it sounds that Demetres was visiting your table very often since he was changing the plates between dishes. Maybe he should have visited even more, but please do not degrade the service level completely with such a strong statement as in your email, It is not fair to Demetres who is one of our best waiters .

The person mentioned as having his back to the entire restaurant was not the manager but the person responsible for controlling the sushi orders.

In conclusion I would like for one more time to apologize for the mistakes from our end and for not visiting your table more often. Our intend is for all our guests to have an exceptional experience and we are deeply sorry that this was not the case in this particular situation.

We hope for your understanding and that this one incident will not overpower the rest of the good times you had with us. We are always open to comments from our guests and a chance to improved ourselves even further.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great venue, good service, located on the beach front. We sat in beds along the beach, great for staying there during the day, drinking and eating.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Poor service mainly due to work overload
Scenery pleasant and food a bit pricey for what you get.
Outside bar was closed but definitely something to watch out for

1  Thank Nikos C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It is on one of the best beaches in Larnaca, beautiful atmosphere good service and very tasty food. The prices are affordable and the variety of food is huge .At night you can enjoy a meal with some music or a drink at the bar or by the lounge.