All reviews swim up bar building work family run hotel air con snack menu nothing is too much trouble small hotel three weeks bed and breakfast north cyprus small charge friendly hotel week stay plenty of sunbeds great holiday year after year lovely pool
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Great little hotel with great staff and service, fantastic clean swimming pool with plenty of sun beds.
About 15 minutes walk to the town and harbor with great restaurants and shops.
Would highly recommend

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen S
SammysHotel, Ön Büro Müdürü at Sammy's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hello AkbukSteve ; thank you so much for your five star review. We are really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your holiday at Sammys Hotel.and had a wonderful stay.. We hope you see you again. I'am Aliye freom Sammy Reception.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We have never been to an hotel before where the staff, without exception, were so helpful and friendly. They all went the extra mile. Unfortunately we will not be returning as many of the repeat guests do. The main reason is the chaotic kitchen. If you want to eat in the evenings you have to book and choose your menu by lunchtime,. I chose spaghetti vongole ( clams) and was served tagliatelle with mussels. A fellow guest told me they had chosen shepherd's pie and were served jacket potatoes filled with mince and sweet corn. The lunch menu was a joke. Most of the items were unavailable. We also found all the building taking place nearby very noisy and definitely not conducive to a relaxing atmosphere. I know the hotel owners have no control over this , but when booking you should be informed of this. So sorry, Sammys, we won't be returning, but what great guys you employ.

1  Thank Svea
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Stayed here for 10 days end of May 2018. Room was ok, very basic, kettle,perched on a small ledge by door and 2 cups but no drink making items!!
Balcony was tiny, you'd be hard pushed to get 2 people relaxing in it
We stayed B& B , there was very little choice, and the cheapest of the cheap products. 1st morning there was a fly doing the breast stroke in the jam,(all items uncovered by the way), the young lad took it to the kitchen, returning seconds later with the same container, and jam. Really? My friend asked if the halloumi cheese offered could be grilled/cooked, the young lad, who spoke very little English or Turkish, said no, not possible. I asked if I could speak to the chef, he said not possible. Later in the week, a returning guest requested cooked halloumi, and hey presto, it was delivered to her table!
Receptionist was polite, and the young lad Baris. The night staff was arrogant and rude
like everything was too much trouble for him,
Pool area was nice, but no-one came to ask if guests would like drinks, they had to go to the bar themselves to get it..Missing a trick there folks.
Noise!!! Building and dust going on all day everyday from opposite Sammy's.
Don't get me started on the rep we had.....I cannot write this on the review, as he doesn't work for Sammy's, but he's in the wrong job, for sure.
Sammy's is a small hotel, stuck in a time warp...in need of tlc, and staff that understand customer satisfaction, or even understand English would be good
Disappointed in the whole experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline1959
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Sold as small and friendly, would suggest cheap and cheerful would be more accurate. The staff are all very helpful and friendly, the pool area is a reasonable size and plenty of sun beds and umbrella, trouble was in May 18, building works going on both over the road and almost next door the other side. Swim up bar was there and looked nice, but no drinks stocked there and no staff to operate the swim up bar. Room we stayed in very "tired" took me about three days to get a faulty electrical socket repaired, was repaired when I complained to representive of our travel company. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room, comprise of a kettle and two mugs but no tea, coffee or milk or water other than tap water. A damaged step up into the bathroom had the edging broken off, consequently if you missed your footing a very sore and damaged and probably cut foot would ensue.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We go to the Sammy hotel every year; Sometimes we go there twice a year. I was there in March 2018. The hotel is located at the center of the city, close to Historical Kyrenia Casttle ,shopping. It's good to have breakfast and have dinner. The rooms are clean and hygenic I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a peaceful holiday....

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank John W
SammysHotel, Ön Büro Müdürü at Sammy's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear John firstly thank you for yours 5 stars review. I'm glad to meet you. we will be happy as Sammys welcomes you again.

Warm Regards.