“An oasis, a short walk from the harbour”
other travellers have booked this property
Yazade house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Yazade house
Kicthen/ lounge
bellapais abbey at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
JonnyBurt...
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“An oasis, a short walk from the harbour”
Reviewed 4 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Yazade House is a great first-floor apartment. it is comfortable, spacious, clean and well decorated.
It has a relaxation/eating terrace and access to a pool on site ...although this was not available for a dip as it needed it's pre-season clean when we visited.
We were surprised to find that the pool area was also a restaurant ['Number 14'] as it wasn't mentioned in the information.
However this was no problem with a quiet clientèle and a bonus on our first evening as it serves good food.
The ambience of the apartment is light and modern with leanings towards it's Cypriot roots.
A 'welcome pack' helped us settle in.
It may have been the thin, small pillows or just the morning 'call-to-prayer' from the mosque next door that ensured the opportunity for an early start. However the peace that followed the morning and evening call was enough to lull you back into into the atmosphere of relaxation ... and to be truthful, the morning call was strangely hypnotic.
If you are looking for an authentic apartment, near to the shops and harbour, close to main transport links but want a quiet, delightful place to stay...with a an owner who is experienced but friendly and helpful; them Yazade House is for you.

Liked best: Décor and space
Liked least: Pillow
Friends getaway
Jorrie O
Breda, The Netherlands
“atmospheric relaxed location with lovely owners”
Reviewed 17 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

Even before we arrived we got a free upgrade. So we stayed at the apartment upstairs. The house and garden (with swimmingpool) have been (re) build by the owners in a way that creates a relaxing atmosphere. We got a lot of tips for visiting the island and places to eat. During the evening the garden serves as a small restaurant. Two times we had a great diner at the restaurant. The food is fresh and staff very friendly and helpful. On fridays they have live music which perfectly suits the style and size of the location. Soft jazzy sounds in the background. The apartment makes you feel like home when you just want to hang around, cook for yourself and relax all day. We would definetely recommend the place to our friends.

Liked best: The relaxing atmosphere
Liked least: internet signal reception
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
kirstenj9
kirstenj9
“Didn't want to leave”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

This is my second stay at Yazade. I adore this place. The first time I stayed in the apartment which was gorgeous but this time I brought friends who have a baby so they stayed in the apartment and my husband and I shared the summer house. Adorable! The attention to detail in the room is just beautiful from the little rugs to the ceiling beams and bedside lamps. I loved the table at the end of the bed made from a Singer sewing machine wheel and the bed itself was super comfy. I slept like a baby. Opening the door first thing in the morning and listening to the swifts singing just outside the room is so peaceful. There is a little seating area just outside the door which is perfect to sit and drink your morning coffee.
The room is equipped with a little kitchen area with a fridge, hob, kettle and toaster and the lovely owners Kay and Cliff even left us eggs, tea bags, milk and butter.
The courtyard just outside the summer house is lush with huge trees, little lanterns and a beautiful swimming pool. Its a sun trap. The accommodation is also in a perfect location only a ten minute stroll into the harbour. I love this place. It is one of my favourites. I was just so sad I couldn't stay longer.

reviewque...
Yorkshire England
“a lovely stay in a delightful property”
Reviewed 18 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

my husband and I have just returned from a week long stay at Yazarde house, in the two-bed apartment. Kay and Cliff are the most delightful hosts and made us feel extremely welcome. Yazarde house has been described as an 'oasis' in previous reviews and it really is. it sits in the heart of the old Turkish quarter so you feel quite part of the surroundings. the apartment itself is lovely: bright and airy and spacious and very comfortable. Sadie, the maid came in every day and half way through our stay we got clean linen and towels, which was a nice touch

we ate one night in the restaurant: Number 14, the tables of which are set out around the pool. This was a lovely experience too: a fine dining experience. we would like to mention Mohammed who looked after us and brought us drinks up to our apartment on some nights-nothing was too much trouble for him and always service with a smile

kay and cliff were particularly helpful with their vast local knowledge; directing us to the best beaches and restaurants-all of which we loved. I knew straight away i would like kay when I received the first email from her-very kind and gracious and very quick response to any queries we had-she was as nice in person and so was cliff

in addition kay and cliff picked us up and took us back to the airport for a very reasonable charge (cheaper than the transfer companies we looked at)

we did read the previous 'beware' review but decided that this was clearly someone with an axe to grind and did not let it put us off, it seems we were correct

so-thank you kay and cliff for a lovely stay in your beautiful home

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and our lovely hosts
Liked least: cold showers sometimes due to solar heating: but we did get used to it-very barcing!
Friends getaway
1lulish
Tiny, Canada
“BEWARE!!!!”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

Yazade House was an utter sham if not a torturous winter experience! During the coldest two weeks this year due to the Siberian blast, we were left begging for more heat, which was totally out of our control but to have been included as per the rental agreement. We crawled into a damp, cold bed every night during this spell wearing two pairs of pyjamas, a hood, a scarf and socks. And heaven forbid you should have to use the facilities during the night!! One could have hung meat in that bathroom.
We also had to endure the invasion of the ants, which while they were totally evident to anyone entering the apartment, as did the cleaning lady most days, we were never offered any kind of assistance and dealt with this situation ourselves.
After failing to provide a more reasonable level of comfort for us, two seniors, and then to be confronted with a complete breakdown of any heat source in our bedroom and to be told that nothing could be done for four days, we had no other option but to take a hotel room, at our own added expense, as we were both becoming quite ill. What relish when we finally crawled into a dry, warm bed for the first time in weeks! Heavenly bliss!! After experiencing this comfort, we could not endure the thought of a return to Yazade House and it's paucity of basic comfort.
Despite the fact that we had arranged and paid fully in advance for a four months stay, we ended up staying only six weeks due to the intolerable conditions.Twice, we requested a settlement meeting and subsequent full refund for the remainder of the time that we were not going to be there but were told in short order that no refund would be forthcoming. Is this any way to treat your quests and does it indicate the slightest integrity or "Fair Play" treatment of guests? How charming, "Darling"!
PS-proof of our stay is available through our e-mail exchange with the Landlady and a retained copy of the wire transfer for payment.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Dampness, lack of heat and land lady's concern for monetary gain at the expense of adequate comforter her guests
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
12 Mar 2015
We rented the one bedroomed apartment to this Canadian couple at a very
reasonable rent, which included electricity, moderate amount of heating,
daily maid service, free wifi, welcome pack and a welcome dinner.
Surprisingly they insisted on taking over the second bedroom, although I
mentioned that hadn't been reserved, and that it wasn't really convenient as
my grand son occasionally came to stay, this fell on deaf years, and it was
quite odd because all they used the room for was to store tablets. All went
well initially, but I began to feel a little concerned, when they expected
the central heating on in December for 9 hours a day, when the temperature
was 67 degrees. I mistakenly presumed, coming from Canada they would be very
hardy and find our Autumn to be very mild, but having now spoken to other
Canadians , they have explained to me, that their homes are very well
insulated and always run with very high temperatures. The other thing that I
didn't realise was that the gentleman rose every morning at 3 am.

By this point we had been having the central heating on for longer hours, at
their request, and for the first five weeks our oil comsumption was more
than their monthly rental by £200 so the situation became untenable. We
explained this to them and hoped they would offer to make a contribution but
nothing was forthcoming.

We did have a problem with the heating on the Friday before they left, and
the technician told us that it could not be fixed until the Monday, so I
offered them gas fires and an electric blanket, but they declined both, so
they were never without some form of heating.

They suggested that they would go to a hotel just for the weekend, but in
fact collected their luggage later, and left without saying goodbye which I
thought rather odd and quite rude.

Anyway, I then received an email from them asking for a full refund, I
explained that I would endeavour to relet the apartment and if successful I
would refund the money, but not otherwise, I felt there expectations were
rather excessive, we had done everything in our power to make them
comfortable, I then received a reply saying that if I didn't give them the
requested refund they would go public on Trip advisor, which is what has
happened.

My last words to them was that the apartment was theirs as per the booking
and they would be very welcome to come back whenever they wished.

Kay Hewson-Morgan
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$135
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing