“Our perfect week away”
other travellers have booked this property
Yazade house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Yazade house
Kicthen/ lounge
bellapais abbey at night
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

singapore
“What a disppointment.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked this property based on previous reviews and the available photographs. Unfortunately this apartment is not as it appears on the website.
The "all mod cons" mentioned included a kettle, toaster and oven. No TV, no indoor wifi, a small fridge that barely kept food cool and aircon that struggled to work. A washing machine was sealed off so no washing facilities available. What we did get was ants & cockroaches. The first thing I bought was a can of ant spray as the kitchen work surfaces were covered in them. There was also ants in the bedroom and the bathroom. I had to spray every day before we went out to keep them at bay.
The bathroom facilities had white towels that were now a dirty grey colour. The shower itself was also very poor. There was maid service 6 days a week but towels were only changed once.
Our initial query for this apartment was for 3 persons. The apartment sleeps 4 which is why we booked it & accepted the price. However on arrival we were informed that they were not aware of a 3rd person so we needed to be charged an extra £200. This was excessive in my opinion & in the end we paid £150 which I still disagree with. The pretty cottage bedroom furniture that was on the website was not there. The wrought iron bed was replaced with a divan bed, the arm chair was removed. The pictures on the wall were also gone. The pretty lounge blinds were replaced with cheaper white curtains. With nothing quite working properly we decided to cut short our holiday & return home after a week instead of 10 days.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
20 Jul 2014
We are really sorry that this family didn’t appreciate Yazade House at all, they didn't spend a minute in the garden and indeed were the first guests ever not to dine at our Bistro 14, which was a shame. They arrived 3 persons after paying for two and only booking the one bedroom apartment, which is clearly stated on the website they had booked from. The couple were pleasant until I mentioned there would be an extra charge for the third guest as they wanted the two bedroom apartment and not the one bedroom apartment they booked and paid for. I said there must have been a misunderstanding and I would compromise and accept £150 extra. This I thought was fair, They retaliated by saying there were ants everywhere, and the air con was not cooling to her standard.
As far as the complaint of the ants are concerned, I had checked the apartment half and hour before they arrived and there were no ants, it is ant season here in Cyprus and unfortunately in all villas and apartments here in Cyprus we suffer with them, its a nuisance and we have to spray everyday, which my housekeeper does, I do feel a few ants in the kitchen and similar amount in the bathroom, and bedroom has been exaggerated, and as for cockroaches the season for these pests had not even began when they were here and there was no mention of this when they were here. Its not unreasonable to accept we are in the Med, and this is something we have to expect and the website clearly states we are situated in a built up area in the Turkish Quarter.
As far as mod cons are concerned, the fridge is cold but when they were here it was 42 degrees so any fridge would struggle to be freezing. As soon as they told me that they were not satisfied with the air con I called the technician who regassed the unit and gave it the thumps up, no other guests had complained about the air con.
I cannot understand why they said a washing machine was not available, we don’t profess to have a washing machine in the apartment, so I am a little bewildered about her comments about the machine being hidden away.
With regard to clean towels for guests we change the bedding bedding and towels every third day, I do believe they asked for extra towels which we provided, the towels are perfectly acceptable, I must admit they are not whiter then white, but they are good quality, we will certainly take the comments on board, and will replace for new.
Also we have changed the double bed in the master bedroom for a king size bed, most people say Wow when they see the bedroom, but my interior design skills are obviously not appreciated by them. I am negligent in as much as I haven’t replaced the pictures but was wanting to achieve a minimalist look, I will hang some pictures to avoid this complaint happening again. With regard to the cream curtains in the living room, I can assure the guests they are not “cheap “ as they quoted in their review, but a very good quality broken window fabric from Turkey, we had several conversations with the gentleman who was charming, and he explained that he had been called back to London on business which often happens, and that was the reason they were leaving.
As I explained to the family they live in Dubai, where everything is new and very polished, I imagine their air conditioning is amazing to deal with the intense heat there, we are not Dubai, we live in the Med and its not always quite as perfect as we would wish.
RebeccaCl...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Our perfect week away”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Yazade House is a little oasis gem. From the swimming pool surrounded by beautiful plants to the minarets call to prayer. The rooms are tastefully decorated to add to the chilled and relaxing ambiance and it's close enough to the harbour and town to be able walk and collect supplies or visit places like the Kyrenia Castle.

The restaurant in the evening offers a lovely chilled atmosphere and the food is wonderful with excellent and attentive staff - with myself and my Dad being vegetarians I wasn't expecting much in the way of vegetarian options but we were pleasantly surprised to be able to enjoy some beautiful dishes on the menu - we will definitely be returning!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The balcony area of our villa.
Liked least: Non applicable
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
15 Aug 2014
We are more than delighted with your great review, even enjoying the call to prayer, I personally think like yourselves this adds to the atmosphere of Yazade.

RuedigerX...
Hamburg, Germany
“Best oasis ever!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Yazade House offers only a double, a spacious apartment with terrace and the smaller Summer House, altogether surrounding a large pool. But it is a real oasis in the old turkish quarter, which is still alive. We never had such attentive hosts and such a pleasant accommodation. After a wonderful week we felt newborn and had severe problems to leave. Not least because of the fact, that Yazade House becomes an outdoor restaurant in the evening (No.14) with excellent food and service.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: breathtaking view on Yazade House building ensemble at night
Liked least: really nothing
Your age range 65+
15 Aug 2014
So glad you enjoyed your stay in the turkish quarter, we love living here because it is the real Cyprus, the old men playing back gammon in the coffee shops etc., all adds to the authenticity. We are all so delighted with your comments, thank you so much for taking the time to write your review.

kirstenj9
kirstenj9
“oasis”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

This is the most beautiful little property in the prettiest grounds. I only stayed for one night but wish I'd have stayed much longer. The location is fantastic for kyrenia town literally a 5 minute walk away. The room has a country cottage feel with gorgeous furnishings and the pool in the middle sets a lovely scene for dinner. kay and cliff are incredibly sweet, friendly and helpful and i would definitely recommend this place. I will definitely return.

15 Aug 2014
So lovely to have you stay be it only for one night, I think thats one of the reasons our guests love the location of Yazade because they can walk to the harbour and town, hope to see you in the not too distant future.
Malcolm F
London, United Kingdom
“A wonderful oasis in a lovely old town”
Reviewed 16 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

We had a lovely time throughout our 2 week stay at Yazade House, and completely endorse previous reviews - a wonderful tranquil location in the old town but within easy walking distance of the harbour and all shops/restaurants; beautifully appointed and tastefully decorated apartment; thoughtful and charming hosts. What more could you want? We will probably go back, and we don't say that very often.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Almost everything!
Liked least: Feeble shower, loud muezzin during the (brief) calls to prayer
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
15 Aug 2014
we loved your review, we are so fortunate to have such lovely guests, looking after you all is our pleasure, so pleased you are happy with the apartment, please do come back and see us at some point.
Kay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$135
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing