All reviewsgreat viewin townsalmonhill overlookinggrass rooflovely hotelrooms are largebreakfast buffethotel is locatedsuper breakfastroast lambroom was clean and comfortablefried eggshorse ridingearly junereception areastayed nights at hotel
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I personally loved the hotel because of the amazing view from my room. The hotel is situated a bit further of the city ( but still walking distance) and it’s such a quiet and nice place. The hotel room was nice and clean . Breakfast was really good. I enjoyed my stay there.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Hotel Foroyar is a classy Hotel with a high-end hospitality and seamless conveniences, I discovered during my travel to the Faroes last week in July 2018. The manager - Susanna Vang - left no stone unturned to make it a gentle and seamless hospitality. It is a quiet hotel situated on a mountain top and through the swaying grass you can see an incredible view of the Nolsoyarfjord and the majestic harbor of Torshavn. I particularly loved the serenity and solitude, and how Ms. Vang's staff remembered every little detail in the most thoughtful way. Their restaurant - Gras - is opened until midnight each night for a lovely spread of dinner (although I wish their wine selection by glass was as wide and stunning as their Michelin-starred Koks :-) The hotel's lobby is lined by the paintings of a famous Faroese painters, such as Fugle, and tons of sheep throws make for a rather cozy and lovely lounge.
For the #luxurytraveler, it is an oasis with a great buffet breakfast included, and for the #budgettraveler, if we considers the rather spacious rooms and amenities the room cost is comparable to other hotels in Torshavn that may not be as good.

Highly recommended for a comfortable and classy stay.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We spent 4 nights here in early June. I love the turf roof and the view - at least when it wasn't foggy. The room was not luxurious but it was large enough and clean. The bathroom worked for us. It was clean and there was lots of room to put our stuff. I also liked the clothes line in the bathroom. Laundry service at the hotel was vey expensive and we were told the laundry in town had a 2 day wait list. The breakfast buffet was good with plenty of choices. The hotel is a way from town. We would walk down for dinner (@25 min.) and take a taxi back. We found the staff to be very helpful although we never saw more than one person on duty at a time. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Faroes and Hotel Foroyar.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The hotel is not in the harbour area so a ten minute drive or 25 minutes walk away from the small centre of town. Parking in the Harbour area can be tricky before 6pm. Our room and bathroom was clean but felt a bit basic and small for the best hotel in town. The breakfast was good. The restaurant could not accommodate us for dinner the evening we arrived, leaving us a bit stuck. We were told we should have booked ahead.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Supposedly this is the nicest hotel in the Faroe Islands. The problem is there are so few rooms available and tourism is booming so they are able to charge $400/night for a room which is more or less a dorm room. It's clean and it serves it's purpose but that's all. It is located on a hill overlooking Torshavn and it is quite a long walk to town if you are going out to dinner, etc. A cab ride costs DKK105 so around $16 each way. It is perfect if you have a car and will traveling around the islands and most of the other hotels have very limited parking available. Not a problem at the Foroyar.
The breakfast was fairly good and the variety was decent considering where you are.
We had one nice lady and one nice young gentlemen at the reception on certain days but otherwise the staff is not friendly at all. Most times they never even acknowledged us-even while literally standing across the counter from them. Completely stone-faced which was surprising at first and then we decided to have some fun with it and see if we could make them smile.
You don't go to the Faroe Islands to spend time in a hotel so unfortunately this is what you have to deal with until they build some new ones. All that being said, the Faroes are an amazing place! They are stunningly beautiful and I would go back tomorrow if I could.

1  Thank tws1086