“decent meal”

Marco Polo
Ranked #44 of 49 Restaurants in Torshavn
Cuisines: European, Pizza, Steakhouse
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We went to this restaurant during our stay in the Faroes. The waiter was attentive and the service was prompt. Like everywhere on the islands, it was expensive but not more so than elsewhere. The lobster soup was delicious and I can recommend it without reserve. My partner had the whale (which I personally disapprove of) and I had the salmon in pastry. No complaints about the quality of the food.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We went in Marco because the restaurants we wanted to go to were all packed or needed reservations right down the road. This place had no one in it, possible due ot the reviews I have seen on here. it was just us and one server who was very kind and attentive, possibly out of boredom. The food wasn't bad, they only had one wine by the glass and it was ok. They did serve whale though which peaked our interest. Everyone we had talked to said it wasn't served commercially, so it was kind of a treat. The price was a little high.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Ended up in this restaurant because all others have been fully booked. The food was O.K., but too expensive to justify the quality. Service sluggish.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

The soup was good , pasta not good and service non professional. It was all pretty expensive for not a great meal. The atmosphere and decor all did not fit in!

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Tried the Salmon tagliatelle. It was supposed to have shrimp in it, but there was non. Nor was there any tomato. The sauce was thin, about the consistency of milk and the portion size was small. Apart from that it had plenty of flavour. Originally went in for a pizza, as the seafood one looked good, but pizza was off that night, but I now wonder if it would have lived up to it's billing. This is one of the few restaurants to show it's menu outside. And it's the only one I saw that serves whale. Take from that what you will.