Reviews (1 551)
1 551 results
All reviews sea view rooftop restaurant small kitchen the bus top floor manoel island late at night bars and restaurants restaurant staff public transport local buses harbour valletta balcony apartment gzira stops
287 - 292 of 1 551 reviews
Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

The placement and room are excellent! The staff very nice and helpful.
It didn't get a better evaluation because:
1-wify is terrible, unless you go to reception! I bought the extra package room wify plus tv ! It didn't work! I talk about it to the clerk and was told it was not a service provided by the hotel!!!! I don't care! The hotel must offer and care about that! I got the money back!
2-Hotel offers a shuttle to the airport: AT COST OF EU 20,00!!!
I payd to go from the airport to hotel EU 8,00!! Why offers a more expensive service? Better not to!!!!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank adibfarid
Bridget B, Sales Manager at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Dear Adibfarid

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property 115 The Strand Hotel & Suites. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your wonderful comments about our staff and the room you were in.

It is true we use a particular service that provides the Wi-Fi and during your stay we unfortunately has a few connection issues which is why you were refunded. We apologise for the inconvenience this caused.

Our transport service is a private taxi from the airport and back which is €20.00 each way. The service you paid for is a shared shuttle which of course is cheaper.

We hope that you will visit and stay with us next time you are in Malta.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 November 2016

I changed my room on arrival because it was small and dark with a brick wall as an 'inland view'. The second room I was given was the only available one left in the hotel, apparently. There was a building next door being demolished which partially blocked my 'sea view' but I was more concerned about the potential noise. The reception staff assured me this would only be carried out on weekdays, not at weekends, and the noise would be minimal. The noise was terrible with a pneumatic drill starting from 7am until late afternoon. When I complained to the holiday agent, I received an email from the hotel saying that I had received a 'free upgrade' for the second room but I had actually paid an extra 20 euros before I could change it. They also said they had spoken to the builders and they only work from late morning - mid afternoon so as not to disturb guests! Both statements are lies. Please do not book this hotel if you want a nice, relaxing stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Zantegirl x
Bridget B, Sales Manager at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Zantegirl x,

We do apologise sincerely for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. The room offered to you was a side sea view room which is why the view was partially blocked.

We were misled about the times of the construction happening on the opposite street and did indeed believe that they would not carry out works early morning or during the weekend. I was also mistaken that the room upgrade was not given free of charge. Of course after realising this we understood that the upgrade should be refunded and in fact proceeded to do so after we were contacted by you directly.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and hope we manage to change your mind about our hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Very nice, clean and comfortable apartment. I recommend it for families.
Near to bus stops and to ferries for Valetta. Kind personnel. The exterior and the view are not good but it was something that didn't bother us.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Bridget B, Sales at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear KYPIAKH K

Thank you for your lovely review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay in one of our apartments.

Our location is very central and as you said very easy to get to the main cities in Malta. We also offer sea view apartments should guests think this is a priority.

We hope you visit us and Malta again in the future.

Have a lovely day.

Best regards

Bridget

Reviewed 2 November 2016

All round very good, great location, amazing view of the harbour, staff polite, breakfast good. Restaurant could do with being a little smarter though was very reasonably priced. WiFi totally overpriced at €10 a day, unfortunately, though there seems to be a city WiFi that you can just about get to work.One thing: the lights at night from the air conditioning, TV and a couple of plugs made it difficult to sleep without covering them over. Immediately emailed me to let me know that they would send my coat through post, as I forgot it! Oops!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ThomasBooth

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at 115 The Strand Hotel & Suites. We are glad that you had a great stay overall and had good comments regarding our location, breakfast and staff.

We will take into consideration your comments regarding the Wi-Fi. We do offer it free in the lobby however we are working towards providing the service in the rooms also.

Glad to hear you got your coat back!

Have a lovely day

Best regards

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Hotel is well situated for a base to explore Malta. Sightseeing bus stoop right opposite hotel and wonderful views of Harbour and Valletta across the bay.

Hotel staff were friendly and efficient. Rooms modern and clean and tidy. Well worth paying extra for sea view. Please hire some rooms are completely internal without any window at all.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank BL242014
Bridget B, Director of Sales at 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Dear BL242014

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the 115 The Strand Hotel and Suites. We shall ensure to share your compliments of service you received with the entire team, as well as your kind remarks regarding the facilities and more.

I do hope that you will join us again soon, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here on TripAdvisor.

Wishing you safe travels.

Kind regards,