“Appalling service”

Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Sliema
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Attached to our hotel we thought this cafe would be ok for snacks or lunch. The first time we gave it a go and we sat for ages before eventually getting menus from a member of staff. The food was ok although one was severed and completed before the other two were served with their meals! We thought this was maybe the time of day, late evening, so we tried again for lunch a few days later, this was even worse as I had to actually go and get some menus as we were being ignored by the very lethargic staff. Eventually orders some toasted Parma ham, Mozzarella and tomato baguettes only for them to arrive without the mozzarella!! After complaining to the staff member she actually went away without our toasties and brought a bowl with Mozzarella in for us to do a DIY sandwich of our own, the other staff members having quite a laugh at our expense. Not very happy I complained this was not good enough and they eventually took it away and did the job properly. The whole experience was appalling as the staff were inattentive, and uninterested in their customers. I certainly would not recommend this cafe.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I love Cara's Cafe. It is one of the places I visit on every trip. Great food and lovely staff. If you are there for breakfast try the toasted breakfast Maltese Ftrira...to die for. :)

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel attached and frequented a few times during my stay. The sandwiches and baguettes are ok, but the price is wonderful. I only had their pasta my last night here, and it was absolutely delicious.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

Two of us were walking past when it started to rain, so we thought we would pop in for a mid morning snack as we had eaten early that day.

We had drinks and a foccacia each followed a shared gellato.

Oh my!

The food was of excellent quality, nicely presented and very tasty. All things considered it was very good value. I want to call it cheap, but it wasn't really, just keenly price and good quality.

We tried gellato elsewhere on the island, but this was the best we found - a real treat in itself and worth the visit just for that.

Service was a bit stressed as the outdoor seating was closed and there was a wait for a table inside.

Would I go back again? Without any hesitation.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

a great place to refuel offering a wide choice of international food, served by pleasent freindly staff