“Great Location”
other travellers have booked this property
Moroccan Style Living Room [2 x single sofa beds] Luxurious Main Bedroom Suite
Moroccan Style Living Room [2 x single sofa beds]
Luxurious Main Bedroom Suite
Moroccan Style Living Room
Kitchen/Dining Room
100m down to the sea, shops, restaurants, cafes and the rest of Malta via bus, taxi or ferry boat
Kitchen/Dining Room
Traditional Sicilian potterware
Main Bedroom Changing Room
Comfortable, spacious anti-room to Bedroom Suite
Main Bedroom Ensuite Bathroom
Guest Bedroom with Balcony and Shower ensuite [Double or two singles]
Traditional stone staircase to roof-top Terrace
Guest Bathroom/Shower
Spirit of Nu Yacht Charter Brochure Page 1
Spirit of Nu Yacht Charter Brochure Page 2
Sliema Front - just down by the house - a wonderful 4 km promenade by the sea
Sliema - Chalet area - less than 3 minutes walk from the house
Valletta - Cheap ferry boat to Valletta only 2 minutes away by walk from house
My favourite beach - Golden Bay - crystal clear, turquoise waters
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
TheMaltaa...
“Great Location”
Reviewed 3 October 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Loved staying here! Noel was wonderful- picking us up at the airport, giving us a little tour and taking us back to the airport at the end of our stay. I traveled with my teenage son, sister and 71 year old mother. The condo is ideally situated with easy access (short walk) to the bus, ferries, swimming areas, shops and entertainments. We loved the quirkiness of the accommodations. The stairs to the second floor bedroom were slightly more difficult to navigate for my mother and the staircase to the rooftop terrace were definitely not something to attempt after a few glasses of wine:) The basement bedroom was damp but not uncomfortable with the dehumidifier and fan. We had no issues with drying clothes as we hung everything on the rooftop. The temperature was hot but cooled off very nicely at night and we did not have need of the AC. We did not have issues with noise as we used earplugs (easy fix for the opportunity to stay here). Absolutely loved Malta and cannot wait to go back!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
l_denbemd
Breda, The Netherlands
“Not what it seems part 2 !”
Reviewed 3 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Noel did´t have enough time to welcome us properly, he was in a hurry! Told us he was out of the island for a week.But we could always contact him!! And by way he said, we had to pay in case we use the airco..... a total surprise for me!
The first impression was the small kitchen, the seats were floppy and the lining is dirty and uncomfortable to sit on in your short. Same problem with sofa´s in the living room.
The only airco in the house is in the kitchen.The temp. outside is high in July so I mailed the owner next day, he was still in town, to give us more sheets so we could sleep in the living..... no answer.
Here begins the problem. he had told us to contact him if we need something. The temp. was 40 degrees, inside almost 28 !! So we decided to contact him to switch on the airco. After several calls, mails still no response. Even called his office, no help. The problem is to sleep in the bedroom upstairs, only one fan and no airco. So you have to sleep with you windows open, but you cannot sleep after 06.30 in the morning because of the traffic that passes under your bedroom.
We slept not well, could not cook a meal, to hot inside the house! I know you take that risk if you visit Malta in hot summer, but we booked the house because it had airco!
The house is booked a lot, probably of the nice pictures and location but it´s not the Hilton, We have the right to get what is promised. Not a dirty shower with drain full of hair, cheap mattresses upstairs with rust spots or missing small pans and towels in the kitchen. And airco not included!
This part of Sliema is very very busy, with bus and ferry station. Many groups of students, tourists were using buses and ferries. We preferred Balluta Bay, nice place to swim, eat and relax, not so crowded.
The owner need to put more effort in the maintenance of the house and with the tenants.
We were very disappointed.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: the great bedroom in the basement,
Liked least: no contact possible!
Travelling group: Tieners
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Nee.
PopiB
london
“Perfect location, beautiful home”
Reviewed 19 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Noel was very prompt at confirming our reservation and contacting me with details prior to our arrival. He collected us from the airport and took us to the house and showed us where things were.
The house is more spacious than pictures suggested on the website. The house could not have been better located for our purposes – local but busy vibe and close to everything - 2 minutes from the Valetta ferry. The kitchen was well stocked and it was enjoyable to cook there. On the ground floor are the kitchen and living room and a toilet. Upstairs is the twin bedroom and then there is the very narrow spiral staircase to the roof. In the basement there is a large dressing room, bedroom and en-suite. As an old house expect to bump your head on the doorways / fall down the stairs / fail to open the incredibly temperamental front door lock – but this is all part of the charm!
I know Malta quite well which is why I wanted to stay in the area and I was not disappointed – plenty of restaurants and coffee shops and relatively easy to find a parking space. Cab prices were reasonable to everywhere too.
However, in the interests of an honest review, I must concur with some of the previous comments in regards to the basic facilities and in particular, the damp issue in the basement bedroom. I appreciate that as a historic building a damp problem would be expensive to the treat; however the downstairs floor was so humid nothing dried there ever and the smell never went away. The bathroom would be soaked after use for the rest of the day. Due to the humidity the shower curtain and shower area had become mouldy – these are probably regularly cleaned / changed but so severe is the damp problem nothing will help the situation. There is a de-humidifier in the room but this is old, loud and the main effect is to blow hot air into the already boiling room. We moved the fan from the living room into the downstairs bedroom which made sleeping possible, though we ended up on the sofas a lot, but the room should at the very least have its own fan. Noel had offered us use of the air conditioning for 5 euro per day, however the unit was only in the kitchen where the temperature was fine, and would not have helped in the problem areas so we didn’t bother him over it.
The roof terrace could be more inviting – there are outdoor seating pads for the floor and a table but nothing to make it a nice place to sit or shelter from the sun. This is probably due to the fear of pigeon mess which means everything has to be stored indoors when not in use. I think for a few extras people would happily pay more to stay in such a beautiful place – and minus the damp - a lot more!
As our flight was not until the late evening we requested a later check-out which Noel was happy to arrange for 30 euro. Noel is a really nice guy and though we didn’t need his assistance during our stay I feel confident that he would have gone out of his way had there been any issues. At the house you get the impression that the lovely features come from him and it feels very personal and cosy – if we return later in the year when it is not quite so hot or even in winter time I think this house would be perfect.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and design
Liked least: damp basement
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
marie h
Queensland, Australia
“Quirky and central”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Enjoyed the quirkiness and style of this place and very handy to everything. Our host couldn't have been more helpful. Stairs to second bedroom may not suit all ages. Lack of internet in our case was a bit tricky as we were catching up with family and didn't want to be organising the rest of our trip and handling business emails while we were out with them. Fun place to stay. Two minute walk to everything.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Alan C
Gold Coast, Australia
“Central location”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Great location, loved the quirky character if the townhouse & the close proximity to transport, shops, restaurants, etc.
We had a wonderful stay & Noel the owner could not have been more helpful, arranging to pick us up at the airport & drop at the ferry later. A really easy guy to deal with.
This place may not suit everyone, because of the stairs to upper bedroom & lack of wifi was inconvenient.
Having said this, they are the only small issues worth mentioning, as we enjoyed our stay, loved Malta & would recommend to friends.

Management Response
4 Jun 2014
Just a short note to all my guests....I choose not to have wifi in the house specifically to encourage my guests to relax, enjoy and forget their daily routine back home. Free wifi is available nearly everywhere just outside the house and throughout the island and if one chooses/needs to have wifi on the go then a €10 local sim card easily bought from the shop just 100m down the road is enough to give you this service for the duration of your stay. Whenever I go abroad myself [and I do so very often] I find that wifi inside my hotel room actually distracts me from enjoying the company of the people I am with....a bit old fashioned in my thinking perhaps....but hey...that's island people to you! x x x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing