“Good food and friendly service.”

It-Torri Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 203 Restaurants in Sliema
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In older years, the Aragonese knight Martin De Redin, was elected Grandmaster of the Knights of St.John, also known as the Knights of Malta. His gift to the order, was his undertaking to construct, at his own expense, 13 watchtowers to re-enforce the defences of the coastal areas. This is the fifth Tower in the series. Today the Tower terrace is used as a main restaurant with a big terrace. One can admire the wonderful views of the St.Julian's and the Sliema coast. We offer a wide menu consisting mainly of Fresh fish, Pasta and Seafood dishes. Pizzeria is open as well every evening from tasty Margherita's to Seafood Pizzas and It-Torrington traditional pizza. We offer also our famous three hundred grams Wigancourt home made burgers. Frest fish is available daily from our local fisherman , our waiters will help you through the Menu. Last but not least if you want to indulge yourself in our local Maltese traditional dishes offering our traditionally cooked Rabbit, Spaghetti with rabbit sauce, Stuffed beef rolls and Stuffed aubergines. Traditional " FenkatI " are held every week serving whole rabbits for everyone to share and enjoy the wonderful atmosphere in a 360 year old Tower. Our restaurant can be found along Triq it-Torri, ( Tower Road ), Sliema. We open sea Sony from March till October and we are open everyday from morning to evening. Bookings can be made on our website provided numbers and we will be pleased to serve you in our unique Terrace overlooking the sea.
Reviewed 27 April 2018

I felt welcome, service is very friendly. Ordered rabbit ravioli, it came quick and tasted good. I would eat here again. 4/5 because i'm looking for loose leaf tea and didn't find it here either.

1  Thank Maija T

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

I came yesterday evening to dine with my daughter and wife and the restaurant itself is very nice and personnel polite. However they really need to improve on the food side. My daughter ordered spaghetti with tomato sauce and the chef forgot to put salt in the boiling process. We noticed it was added on the spaghetti but the taste was very bad. I ordered some polpette of octopus but in this case too its taste was neutral and I really couldn’t tell what food that was simply from eating it. Last but not least this second course meal arrived well over 30 min after finishing the main course and the restaurant was not even crowded. What else to say? We will not return in the future and we don’t feel recommending it to others. Lots to improve if they want to.

1  Thank Pino D
TorriWineBar, Owner at It-Torri Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Pino D we are sorry to hear about your experience in our restaurant. Actually we dont put too much salt in our plates as some customers dont like too much salty food, thats why you are provided with fresh salt and pepper grinders on the table so you can help yourself and put how much you want. Also you forgot to mention that you were not charged for the main course and we couldnt exactly understand what you ordered since our waiters dont speak your language and thats why the misunderstanding happen, we tried to help you as much as we could, but some people prefer it this way. Thank u for coming and hope we will be of better service in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

While the food was OK some of it didn't arrive until everyone else's meal was cold and then we were overcharged: not just one item but 3; a large beer, a main course and a portion of chips! Sorting out the bill was a nightmare. My advice is go somewhere else.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Been to It-Torri several times but this year they have upgraded the menu and the food is simply delicious! Coffee and desert are unique. The staff are also very friendly. Will be back for sure.

1  Thank Michelle A
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered our food and over an hour later it still hadn't shown up. I queried this and they said the order hadn't been put through. There was no apology, he just took our order again, I had asked that they acknowledge their mistake and compensate, but he did not. I eventually asked for the manager and he gave us two drinks of our choice. The food then finally arrived after 1.5 hours. Except my main never arrived so I had to complain yet again. The toilets are non-existant and they will direct you to grotty public toilets. Will definitely not be recommending this place to anyone. It's such a shame as the location is great and the food ok.