See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2017

in spite of some poor feedback i have just spent 7 days at The Windsor and to be fair I got what i expected. The hotel was reasonably priced and very well located. It was easy to get to the heart of Sliema ( 10/15 minute walk ) and catch the ferries and buses. The promenade was 1 minute with a very good selection of local restaurants which were all fairly priced.
Good points : Nice pool area on the roof. Plenty of sun beds , pool was nice and clean but the water was really cold . Internal pool was supposed to be heated but was also cold. Jacuzzi had one jet that worked and didn't look too clean. Bar area was nice with a Big tv showing football and local news. Breakfast was very good with a choice of English or continental , however the hot drinks machine was a bit poor and the juice machine kept running out.
Loads of hot water in the bathroom and room service kept the room nice and clean.
Poor points : The property has a 4 star maltese rating which cannot be compared to Uk or continental. The decor in the hallways and room was very very tired. Although there was somebody touching up some paint in one of the hallways. Furniture was dated in the rooms but again very tired. Cracked tiles in the bathroom etc.
The TV reception was very poor with 6 or 7 channels all either italian or maltese. Surely one english channel would not cost a fortune. There were a lot of English people staying when I was there so it would actually be a good selling point.
Would i stay again ? Probably not.
But I received fair value for what I paid.

Stayed: May 2017
Reviewed 10 May 2017

The Hotel was poor not a four star, room needs refurbished and shower was overflowing and in bad condition. staff did nothing but shout at each other which is not very appropriate when it is in front of guests. and as I requested a first floor room as I have a disability I could hardly use the lift as it was never available and had to struggle down the stairs . the noise outside was so bad I could not sleep . I was so glad to get home . also be warned when you arrive you are asked to pay 7 euros .for tax which I was not informed of . would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't pick the first floor at the front as the noise is bad .
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

First do not think that this is a four star hotel,at best a three.
Having book through agent as one person traveling, my daughter decided to join me. I rang the hotel on three separate occasions to make sure we had a twin room and how much if any I would have to pay extra. I was told that all the rooms were twin and that I had booked the room ,so no extra cost. On arrival on 27/04/2017 I was told there was an extra payment. I explained that I had rang the hotel on three different occasions and was told no extra payment, she was not interested in what I had to say. The extra payment was not the issue for me it was the wrong information that I was given. The receptionist attitude on the day was totall unacceptable. Having visited the island on many occasions I know that she was not a true representative of the Maltese people.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2017

We booked a holiday to Malta travelling on 20th April and returning on 25th April. Having booked and paid for the holiday, I read reviews on Tripadvisor of the Windsor hotel which were very disappointing. I rang the Travel Agent and voiced my concerns, and was told I could change hotel to The Kennedy Nova Hotel at an extra charge of 50 euro. When I read the reviews for this hotel, they were worse!
So when I went to collect my tickets, I again said I was concerned about the hotel we were going to.
I was told by our rep that she had had no complaints about the Windsor Hotel. So I took her word, expecting that a travel agent would know the standard of the hotels they were using.
We arrived at 1am at the Windsor Hotel. The following day we could clearly see that the reviews were spot on. When we spoke to the receptionist she told us we were in an ‘economy room’ and was surprised that our travel agent hadn’t told us this.
Let me tell you what our ‘economy room’ was like.
Crack in wash hand basin which meant a very wet floor every time we used it. Shower which was hanging off the wall and was unusable.
2 single beds which were suitable for children, with boards under the mattress.
A room that was very badly in need of refurbishment. I could go on and on. Our room was situated on the second floor (room 224 if you want to avoid it!)
This hotel was described as a four star hotel! More like poor quality hostel accommodation.
The only positive thing I could say is that cleaner did the best job she could, under the circumstances.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niall M
Reviewed 29 April 2017

I went to the hotel on a Friday evening and the welcome I received from the Concierge on the desk was warm and helpful. My room was so clean and the bed linen spotless. I stayed for two nights and have nothing but praise for this hotel and their staff. For reasons which I will not go into I had to return to the hotel for two more nights. The on line travel agent double booked so that ion the second night I had no where to stay. The hotel staff saw my distress and Mariella went to the trouble of finding me another hotel and even negotiated a reasonable price. What more can I say other than that I will write about you on Facebook and recommend you to my friends. So to all the team at the hotel including those who served breakfast in the dining room thank you so much for making my stay a pleasant and comfortable one.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends