“Just Beautiful”
Review of Mdina Old City

Mdina Old City
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Mdina
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Dropped in for an hour on a bus trip. Fantastic place. Quite busy with tourists and surprisingly cars. Should be car free zone. Lovely old buildings.

1  Thank Neville M
Write a ReviewReviews (10 280)
All reviews
"hop on hop off bus"
in 78 reviews

385 - 389 of 10 283 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We didn't spend long enough in the walled city as it was raining and cold, but you could spend a full afternoon looking around the town and museums, before stopping to eat anything. Well worth a visit and it doesn't cost you anything to just wander around

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It is called the Silent City for a reason! The narrow streets are very picturesque and even though tourists mill about, the small city still has quiet corners. There are some good viewpoints at the far end from the gate, across the countryside.

1  Thank osalinda
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What a charming little city. It’s just lovely to wander round the little streets. We also did the little train tour which unfortunately was limited due to the streets being closed and it being Good Friday.

1  Thank Chesworth
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Considering it's the Silent City or was absolutely overrun with tourists from an Italian cruise line (MSC) so loads of walking tours when I got there at about 11ish. Therefore I'd recommend you check if a cruise is in port of valetta or visit early morning or late evening to get the true feel of the place.
There were also cars driving around and I'm sure when I visited years ago there was no traffic but I may be wrong.
Residents do live there so we should always respect that.
It's a must see on a Malta trip, even with so many people I still found some narrow streets with no one walking in them.
The cathedral is not to be missed.
I've only given a 4 as I felt it had become too commercialised for me from what I remember but still go to see it.
I took a 186 from Bugibba at 1 euro and half hour to get there. Remember buses are packed so catch it at the terminus mine left at 1015 but we left behind so many I'd recommend queuing earlier.