“Disney Comes to Malta”

The Mdina Experience
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I have just returned from a pleasant trip to Malta. It was all pretty good: the food, architecture and setting. There is plenty to see and the people are unfailingly helpful and warm. I have but one complaint: the so-called Mdina Experience. If anything represented Disney's influence in Malta, this was it. Even the voice over was American (why?). It was just dressing-up tosh, superficial, boring, much too compressed and histrionic. I went in against my better judgement and against advice. I have only myself to blame.

1  Thank Williams348
in 3 reviews
"viewing"
"overview"

Reviewed 27 February 2018

We were using the idyllic square in which the Mdina Experience is situated as a film set for the series "Genius" in which Antonio Banderas is starring as Picasso.During the scene, the heavens opened and the entire cast, dressed in summery period costume, was threatened with a drenching. The lovely ladies at the Mdina experience, despite having several customer's in their coffee shop, very kindly allowed around fifty of us to shelter from the rain inside. This was my first, albeit unofficial visit to the Mdina Experience, but I was struck by the beauty of the building. Oh, and the cappuccino that they made for me, was heavenly! Give them a visit and know that you will be following in the footsteps of Antonio Banderas!

2  Thank Jack F
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Right amount of information served in easy to digest way, good music in background, very friendly and helpfull staff and a nice cafe. The building is absolutely beautiful - lovely place to visit while exploring Mdina

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

This was an interesting and informative film, depicting Malta's history. This was great value for money at only €6.5 adults. We bought tickets for €11.5 adults and €6 children which entitles you to access both this and the Knights of Malta. The staff were very friendly and helpful - and the coffee shop was great value! The ladies brought chairs out so we could sit in the sunshine and served our coffee and snacks out there too! I would definitely recommend a visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

There's a lot of history to explore in Malta, so don't waste your money or time on the "Mdina experience." It's a real joke, a low resolution short documentary that's not worth the money. The music drowns out the narration and if you listen to one of the translations it's badly translated with lots of grammatical errors. It's an experience I'd rather forget.

2  Thank Johan N